Twitter: Lamb's response to Jerry's "No Urgency" comments

Sydla

Reaction score
Paying each player that comes up for contract is not sustainable. And it's costing vets millions. The smart teams are letting those WRs walk. KC, of course, being the primary example.
KC has the best QB in football and arguably the best coach.

They can afford to skimp at WR. So if you want to move on from Lamb because of cost, great. Tell me how we then get our Mahomes and Reid.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Bro, I dont know if you remember or not but we tried the whole "we dont need a WR1, we can just do it by committee" approach.

Team lost like 4 of its first 5 games and had to trade a 1st for a WR1 (Cooper).

So, while a WR1 may not win you a championship...............not having a WR1 dam sure can lose you a lot of games as we have all witnessed.
We couldn’t do it with the QB we have.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Market value is a speculative assertion.
Exactly.
One team's fears and foolishness / hence overpayment doesn't constitute true market value.
If one house sells at an increased rate because one particular buyer was foolish enough to pay the price, that does not become the new market value. That new market value only becomes a reality when several buyers begin showing equal willingness to pay that increased price for similar houses. Then you can call it market value.
But in the NFL, if just one player gets a larger contract, suddenly everybody jumps on the bandwagon and starts calling it the NEW MARKET PRICE!
That is just NFL nonsense.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Disagree, one team's fears and foolishness / hence overpayment doesn't necessarily equal market price.
I’d argue I’d someone believes you’re worth it , you are regardless what the rest believe.

The world is full of foolishness. Our owner is a great example. Lol

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Exactly.
One team's fears and foolishness / hence overpayment doesn't constitute true market value.
If one house sells at an increased rate because one particular buyer was foolish enough to pay the price, that does not become the new market value. That new market value only becomes a reality when several buyers begin showing equal willingness to pay that increased price for similar houses. Then you can call it market value.
But in the NFL, if just one player gets a larger contract, suddenly everybody jumps on the bandwagon and starts calling it the NEW MARKET PRICE!
Regardless whether it’s nonsense or not it’s close to the absurd reality in the NFL as Market Price isn’t necessarily a pecking order, especially with QB’s.

Loso86

Reaction score
It's not just the money. It is the years, guarantees, no trade clauses, etc. we have no idea what they are, so it is negotiated in the media.
No it's the way DALLAS likes to do it to make them feel like they have the upper hand and it's a horrible way to don't. Because it does nothing but paint them in a bad light. Then they try to make the player look bad for wanting ro get paid etc

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No it's the way DALLAS likes to do it to make them feel like they have the upper hand and it's a horrible way to don't. Because it does nothing but paint them in a bad light. Then they try to make the player look bad for wanting ro get paid etc
My hunch on our owners tactic in these negotiations is to gain sympathy in public perception like he had no choice but to collapse if he wanted to retain his stars.

Sydla

Reaction score
Exactly.
4 guys have an AAV of 30-35MM. There’s the market. Jerry can swoop in and say sorry, we want to hand you a contract with an AAV of 27MM, for example. Lamb wouldn’t take nor should we as fans expect him to take it.

So for all intents and purposes the market is set. It’s up to Jerry to decide if he’s comfortable with his WR getting a contract where AAV might be 32-33MM.

Loso86

Reaction score
My hunch on our owners tactic in these negotiations is to gain sympathy in public perception like he had no choice but to collapse if he wanted to retain his stars.
That's a big part of it but we all know the truth so it's just waisting time and money. I know it's partly money and partly other unknown things, but we all.know that are bullies and want the contract done THEIR way

rambo2

Reaction score
1. Giving Dak the least possible talent around him to get their pound of flesh back.
2. Tanking (and all the moves show exactly that) to pick up some stud QB.
3. Yes folks were in a rebuild ................DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lol

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
We couldn’t do it with the QB we have.
Exactly...............Dak needs a WR1 and last time I checked Dak is still the QB for the 2024 season, ergo we therefore need a WR1 for the 2024 season.

That is where Lamb come in because aint no other WR1 on this roster.

This is a 4 win team without Lamb.

rambo2

Reaction score
KC has the best QB in football and arguably the best coach.

They can afford to skimp at WR. So if you want to move on from Lamb because of cost, great. Tell me how we then get our Mahomes and Reid.
Dak and McCarthy are pretty good.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Exactly...............Dak needs a WR1 and last time I checked Dak is still the QB for the 2024 season, ergo we therefore need a WR1 for the 2024 season.

Well if we don’t resign Dak maybe we don’t care. Lol

rambo2

Reaction score

4 wins? Wow

Mark

Reaction score
This is a "tank" season. Ride out the bad contracts, rebuild, and let the chips fall where they may.

We're to the point where the Cowboys DON'T "like their guys." And, maybe, that's OK.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Many have said we’d sign Lamb first. But I’m beginning to think if we don’t resign Dak then there’s no urgency to sign Lamb.

If we resign Dak we’ll need Lamb to bolster resigning Dak. If we don’t resign Dak then maybe we let Dak crash and burn without Lamb.