Twitter: Lamb's response to Jerry's "No Urgency" comments

Chasing6

Reaction score
..they are asking whatever Joe Blow got from Pitt, Philly, Buff, Det, Chi, LAR, ......etc..

They want a match or more. Why? because now, it has become some standard.
Sure, but nobody knows the exact numbers, length, guarantee money etc. So stop pretending it is being negotiated in the media.

The media is just tryin for get clicks.

SoCalBoy

Reaction score
Yes it does ........ because he was worth 1 billion dollars the last time the Cowboys won a Superbowl.

After 28+ years of constant failure and constant bull*****, the Cowboys fans has increased his billions by times 14.

And now he wants to be cheap and make excuses about not paying guys the going rate ........ when he did not do anything when they were all on their rookie contracts.

I do not want to sign Dak ....... but Lamb will be vital to a young QB.
I'm sure you're going to explain how the 14 billion has anything to do with the salary cap that every team has to follow?

SoCalBoy

Reaction score
The market is what the market is now for Lamb.

There is little doubt Jerry is holding out for Lamb to take less.
I doubt if this has anything to do with the market. It probably has more to do with what guarantees are in the contract and what is the length of the contract

SoCalBoy

Reaction score
What did he do when he had Zeke and Dak on their rookie contracts ?

What did he do when he had Lamb and Parsons on their rookie contracts?

I will tell you ........ same thing his stupid arse always does ........ not a damn thing except count his money.

So you just keep on defending the rich scumbag ......... hope it makes you feel good ........
Wow. Rich scumbag. This sounds more like envy. :rolleyes:

Jfconrow

Reaction score
I wish they would redue the cba.

I’d like to see them pay the rookies more and have those contracts only be 2-3 years.

It would be interesting if they got rid of the floor amount a team must pay. How cheap would some teams be? But maybe a better idea is keeping it and implementing this:

I’m tossing around the idea of capping any players pay at 40m a year. It just feels wrong that a QB is paid so much more than an OL or a LB who makes 15 tackles a game. Some vets don’t even make 1m a year and with the avg RB only playing 2.5 years or something I’d like to see them make more while they can…QBs can play into there 40s

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Really? You do realize a QB has to throw the ball to a WR for a WR to have stats like CD did last year.
I didn’t understand what you were trying to say in post below. Who is Trance?

And this isn’t the same situation with Dak as many don’t believe he’s deserving of a top contract while no one is disputing whether Lamb is . That doesn’t mean Dak wasn’t impacting Lambs success.
Yep. This isn’t he same situation with Dakster. Lamb is legit top receiver. He will get paid somewhere. And deservedly so.
Chasing 6
“Yes, because CD throws the ball to Lamb.

If you think CD has similar numbers with Trance or a rookie QB you are delusional.”

Chasing6

Reaction score
I wish they would redue the cba.

I’d like to see them pay the rookies more and have those contracts only be 2-3 years.

It would be interesting if they got rid of the floor amount a team must pay. How cheap would some teams be? But maybe a better idea is keeping it and implementing this:

I’m tossing around the idea of capping any players pay at 40m a year. It just feels wrong that a QB is paid so much more than an OL or a LB who makes 15 tackles a game. Some vets don’t even make 1m a year and with the avg RB only playing 2.5 years or something I’d like to see them make more while they can…QBs can play into there 40s
People should pay attention with what the Niners accidentally walked into.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
People should pay attention with what the Niners accidentally walked into.
Yep. And they’ll end up having to pay Purdy close to Market Price if he continues this level of success cause that’s how it works and why these contracts don’t necessarily represent a pecking order.

And once they do pay him it will limit as much supporting talent. That’s the reality of the NFL unfortunately.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yes it does ........ because he was worth 1 billion dollars the last time the Cowboys won a Superbowl.

After 28+ years of constant failure and constant bull*****, the Cowboys fans has increased his billions by times 14.

And now he wants to be cheap and make excuses about not paying guys the going rate ........ when he did not do anything when they were all on their rookie contracts.

I do not want to sign Dak ....... but Lamb will be vital to a young QB.
How in the world do you think Jerry's personal worth has anything to do w/ this? It's not even related.

Jerry sucks, worst GM in the NFL. Wastes talented player after talented player. I can't stand him.

However, if we pay Lamb 35 mil/season, we are straight back on the road to mediocrity.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Disagree. He's under contract and is not manning up and living up to that contract he agreed on.
Well, if he hadn’t had such a successful season he wouldn’t be in position to hold out.

Unfortunately K, this is the nature of the NFL. We don’t have to like it though.