Twitter: Lamb's response to Jerry's "No Urgency" comments

Diehardblues

Reaction score
How in the world do you think Jerry's personal worth has anything to do w/ this? It's not even related.

Jerry sucks, worst GM in the NFL. Wastes talented player after talented player. I can't stand him.

However, if we pay Lamb 35 mil/season, we are straight back on the road to mediocrity.
I agree and why these top receivers usually bolt if you have to pay a QB too. Nobody is winning championships with just a WR 1.

That said doesn’t mean Lamb isn’t worth or at least entitled to pursue his Market Value to highest bidder.

kskboys

Reaction score
Well, if he hadn’t had such a successful season he wouldn’t be in position to hold out.

Unfortunately K, this is the nature of the NFL. We don’t have to like it though.
Paying each player that comes up for contract is not sustainable. And it's costing vets millions. The smart teams are letting those WRs walk. KC, of course, being the primary example.

kskboys

Reaction score
I agree and why these top receivers usually bolt if you have to pay a QB too. Nobody is winning championships with just a WR 1.

That said didn’t mean Lamb isn’t worth or at least entitled to pursue his Market Value to highest bidder.
It does mean he's not worth it.

Entitled to try and get it? Yes. Emphasis on "entitled"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It does mean he's not worth it.

Entitled to try and get it? Yes. Emphasis on "entitled"!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It means he’s not worth it to the team he’s on cause they can’t justify or afford his contract within their plans or other commitments.

It doesn’t mean his Market Value isn’t worth it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If we don’t believe a player is worth their Market Value doesn’t mean they aren’t worth it. That’s just a speculative assertion.

If a team is willing to pay him Market Price then he’s worth it regardless if we believe it or not.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So as I'm watching the news on a Houston local TV station and during their sports segment, the sportscaster talked about Jerry's comment on CD and put that tweet up on the screen. He said Jerry needs to pay him. He also said CD was one of the top WR's in the league and said something about Jerry needs to stop "clowning" around because it no longer will be funny, but just sad. He also said he was glad the Texans have all their star players set for the season. Good for them. Lol

Jipper

Reaction score
I frankly don’t give a shi about any player on this team

I care about the team

Chasing6

Reaction score
Yep. And they’ll end up having to pay Purdy close to Market Price if he continues this level of success cause that’s how it works and why these contracts don’t necessarily represent a pecking order.

And once they do pay him it will limit as much supporting talent. That’s the reality of the NFL unfortunately.
Or they could trade him and draft another QB.

Loso86

Reaction score
On their behalf some just want to be able to retain and afford these talents who obviously help us win. It just isn’t possible sometimes . That’s the nature of the business . Players bolt all the time for Market Value.
Nah they are just crazy to call Lamb a fake studs and some calling Dak average is what im saying

Chasing6

Reaction score
Dak not sure Lambs agent has said Jefferson type money
It's not just the money. It is the years, guarantees, no trade clauses, etc. we have no idea what they are, so it is negotiated in the media.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
This just fits perfectly with the entire offseason. What can we expect next?

Buzzbait

Reaction score
If we don’t believe a player is worth their Market Value doesn’t mean they aren’t worth it. That’s just a speculative assertion.

If a team is willing to pay him Market Price then he’s worth it regardless if we believe it or not.
Disagree, one team's fears and foolishness / hence overpayment doesn't necessarily equal market price.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Nobody is winning championships with just a WR1. It’s won with great defenses and or QB’s except for rare occasions.
Bro, I dont know if you remember or not but we tried the whole "we dont need a WR1, we can just do it by committee" approach.

Team lost like 4 of its first 5 games and had to trade a 1st for a WR1 (Cooper).

So, while a WR1 may not win you a championship...............not having a WR1 dam sure can lose you a lot of games as we have all witnessed.

Sydla

Reaction score
Disagree. He's under contract and is not manning up and living up to that contract he agreed on.
I mean sure in a perfect world but the precedent has largely been set. Guys at this stage of their rookie deals get new contracts.

Lamb’s position on getting a new deal now is not some bizarre stance. Many teams get the extensions done by now to avoid this drama.

But Jerry just breeds drama.