Twitter: Lamb's response to Jerry's "No Urgency" comments

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Well if we don’t resign Dak maybe we don’t care. Lol
This would mean Jerry is ok with tanking..............considering the most important thing to Jerry is keeping the Cowboys relevant and "hanging around the rim", wouldnt tanking and becoming a 4 or 5 win laughing stock team go against this?

How exactly do you hype up a 4 win team with no Dak and no Lamb without getting totally laughed at.:huh:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This is a "tank" season. Ride out the bad contracts, rebuild, and let the chips fall where they may.

We're to the point where the Cowboys DON'T "like their guys." And, maybe, that's OK.
That’s possible. We’ll know in a few weeks. Honestly I’ll be shocked Jethro wants to start over.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This would mean Jerry is ok with tanking..............considering the most important thing to Jerry is keeping the Cowboys relevant and "hanging around the rim", wouldnt tanking and becoming a 4 or 5 win laughing stock team go against this?

How exactly do you hype up a 4 win team with no Dak and no Lamb without getting totally laughed at.:huh:
I agree and why I think this is all postering for public sentiment to help negotiating.

Jethro isn’t ready to start over.

rambo2

Reaction score
This is a "tank" season. Ride out the bad contracts, rebuild, and let the chips fall where they may.

We're to the point where the Cowboys DON'T "like their guys." And, maybe, that's OK.
Lol, where do you guys from? The Cowboys are a good team.

Mark

Reaction score
Lol, where do you guys from? The Cowboys are a good team.
9-8 "good", maybe...if they're lucky? Hope I'm wrong, but don't see a scenario where they qualify for the playoffs. Which will set the stage for an unapologetic house-cleaning...inevitably looming for a year or more.

Smashin222

Reaction score
SALARY CAP!!!
The salary cap was put in place by owners to lower their labor costs. The existence of salary cap pressure only exists to save guys like Jerry money rather than paying players like Ceedee their actual market value.

Any of you work in industries with a salary cap? I didn't think so.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
9-8 "good", maybe...if they're lucky? Hope I'm wrong, but don't see a scenario where they qualify for the playoffs. Which will set the stage for an unapologetic house-cleaning...inevitably looming for a year or more.
9-8 isn’t a bad prediction especially looking at our schedule. Over/ under is 9 1/2. I’m thinking maybe 10-7.

But when we look around the NFC past the divisional winners who are the 5-7 WC seeds which are going to beat us out ?

Green Bay or Detroit whoever doesn’t win North
Rams possibly in the West
South still looks iffy. 9-8 prob wins that division again,
Is Wash or NY improved enough??

I really think we can get the 7th seed at least. Barring anything totally unexpected from other teams which haven’t been as good recently,

rambo2

Reaction score
12 wins with luck. 10 wins floor. I love all the doom and gloomers.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The salary cap was put in place by owners to lower their labor costs. The existence of salary cap pressure only exists to save guys like Jerry money rather than paying players like Ceedee their actual market value.

Any of you work in industries with a salary cap? I didn't think so.
What are you talking about? EVERY BUSINESS has a cap!

Chasing6

Reaction score
Yea if he agreed since he has no trade clause.
We are talking about CD. Trade him for 2 high draft picks. Dak walks then draft a QB, although next years class is weak. Better off waiting until the following year.

Chasing6

Reaction score
No it's the way DALLAS likes to do it to make them feel like they have the upper hand and it's a horrible way to don't. Because it does nothing but paint them in a bad light. Then they try to make the player look bad for wanting ro get paid etc
CD should just come out and share the full details of the offer and see how GM Jethro likes that.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
KC has the best QB in football and arguably the best coach.

They can afford to skimp at WR. So if you want to move on from Lamb because of cost, great. Tell me how we then get our Mahomes and Reid.
True, and it's my understanding Mahomes' average annual salary is about 45Mil.
Dak is definitely NOT a Mahomes grade of QB, yet what's he shooting for, 60 Mil? And whatever outrageous amount Jerry signs him for will then automatically be labeled the NEW MARKET VALUE without consideration for the fact that Dak is NOT a Mahomes QB!
And that new alleged increase in Market Value will not be based on the increased cost of living, but rather on the increased cost of excessive greed.

rambo2

Reaction score
We are talking about CD. Trade him for 2 high draft picks. Dak walks then draft a QB, although next years class is weak. Better off waiting until the following year.
What do you do for a living?

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
Jerry either resign CeeDee or trade him. It’s really simple. But make a decision now.

Waiting until the Wednesday before week 1 to sign him is what will end up happening and we all know CeeDee will be paid anyway so. If he as well do it now.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I do get a kick out of C.D. and Dak giving it to Jerry. lol If only they were worth what they were asking. But since I don't have much hope for this season anyway Lamb can hold out all year for all I care.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I do get a kick out of C.D. and Dak giving it to Jerry. lol If only they were worth what they were asking. But since I don't have much hope for this season anyway Lamb can hold out all year for all I care.
It’s Jerry’s call.