Twitter: Lamb's response to Jerry's "No Urgency" comments

phildadon86

Reaction score
Not from me, especially if it handicaps the salary-capped team from signing other talent.
How come other teams manage the cap properly and stay competitive?

Jerry doesnt know how to do that. Stephen is even worse. This is the problem when non football people are in control of handling multi year contracts worth millions of dollars.

Side note.

Did you see the interview on why Aikman left the Cowboys? And what he said to Jerry?

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
No clue if it's been mentioned but in reality what was Jerry supposed to say when asked that question? "Yes, there is urgency?" Whatever leverage he thinks he has is gone if he answers that, and I do not think there are any issues here...YET

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
YOU are the one defending THE PLAYER. I'm defending the team. It's not rocket science to understand the difference when it comes to contract extensions and overpays.
Bull ..... You are just defending Jerry like always.

Team my arse ........ Jerry fans are what you and your gang are.

Real Cowboy fans have had enough of the Jones Boys and their antics

stiletto

Reaction score
Bull ..... You are just defending Jerry like always.

Team my arse ........ Jerry fans are what you and your gang are.

Real Cowboy fans have had enough of the Jones Boys and their antics
You think Jerry is bad. Wait until Stephen takes over for the next 40 years...

blueblood70

Reaction score
I can't believe there are Jerry Jones defenders on this site.

Good grief.
i can't believe you think we're all supposed to share your opinion, and not have our own? Hey crawl back a few steps CD and his agents are also to blame. where's all the evidence on the negotiations and the actual numbers being bounced back and forth? what if lamb wants 35mil no FT tag no trade, no tag and all guaranteed? lmao right we should believe Patrick because he knows everything about a $10 billion business negotiation in which no real info is being shared,

Patrick is the man in the know on how to advise fans to believe him over an ownership group who has net worth of like 20 billion which most would assume they have negotiated far more contracts that this fan base..

you do not cave you have to get the best deal by both sides and sometimes it gets ugly..NO SIDE NEEDED!! there's a salary cap roster limit and its not an open checkbook situation that fans believe it would be that easy name the number and sign LMAO hey lamb write it wup ill just sign it..smh :facepalm:

this is literally both sides playing hardball and you're falling right into it trying to take a side without any actual data to do so..,great marketing hot topic explodes the rating around slow sports time of the year.. they got YOU!

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
What genius strategy. No hurry to get it done. CeeDee will be forced to take the Old Jones Hometown Discount and thank his lucky stars he has a star. :rolleyes:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
i can't believe you think we're all supposed to share your opinion, and not have our own? Hey crawl back a few steps CD and his agents are also to blame. where's all the evidence on the negotiations and the actual numbers being bounced back and forth? what if lamb wants 35mil no FT tag no trade, no tag and all guaranteed? lmao right we should believe Patrick because he knows everything about a $10 billion business negotiation in which no real info is being shared,

Patrick is the man in the know on how to advise fans to believe him over an ownership group who has net worth of like 20 billion which most would assume they have negotiated far more contracts that this fan base..

you do not cave you have to get the best deal by both sides and sometimes it gets ugly..NO SIDE NEEDED!! there's a salary cap roster limit and its not an open checkbook situation that fans believe it would be that easy name the number and sign LMAO hey lamb write it wup ill just sign it..smh :facepalm:

this is literally both sides playing hardball and you're falling right into it trying to take a side without any actual data to do so..,great marketing hot topic explodes the rating around slow sports time of the year.. they got YOU!
Well said bro.

Sadly, some people simply don't get it...or refuse to understand.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
If Lamb sits out the entire year we will have his rights next year
He will show up around October when he had to to be available for the minimum number of games
If C.D. sits out until his minimal number of games ,we will be in last place and at that point Jerry will consider trading him because the relationship will be damaged beyond repair.

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
The market is what the market is now for Lamb.

There is little doubt Jerry is holding out for Lamb to take less.
I'm not sure Jerry is holding out with hopes Lamb takes less....IMO he still PO'd about last years loss in the playoffs.....His Top 3 players failed miserably and now want market setting contracts......IMO, JJ is just PO and wants the players to feel his pain....

Jerry is still PO about the Green Bay loss at home.....why pay his top players if they cant produce in the playoffs....

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
KC has the best QB in football and arguably the best coach.

They can afford to skimp at WR. So if you want to move on from Lamb because of cost, great. Tell me how we then get our Mahomes and Reid.
KC did not have the best coach until they had the best QB.
Reid was always a very good coach, and did not win as much in KC until Mahomes got there.

Hmmm, Jerry take notice. :muttley: