Twitter: Lamb's response to Jerry's "No Urgency" comments

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The salary cap was put in place by owners to lower their labor costs. The existence of salary cap pressure only exists to save guys like Jerry money rather than paying players like Ceedee their actual market value.

Any of you work in industries with a salary cap? I didn't think so.
There are pay scale structures in most businesses though. Especially big corporations.

Sydla

Reaction score
I'm not sure Jerry is holding out with hopes Lamb takes less....IMO he still PO'd about last years loss in the playoffs.....His Top 3 players failed miserably and now want market setting contracts......IMO, JJ is just PO and wants the players to feel his pain....

Jerry is still PO about the Green Bay loss at home.....why pay his top players if they cant produce in the playoffs....
And yet he doesn't fire his HC who also had a direct hand in that result? He makes no serious offseason changes to the staff or roster?

Instead, what he's going to do and where he is going to show his disgust is to potentially piss off his 2nd best player with a contract squabble?

That's about as dumb a strategy as I think Jerry could come up with.

Sydla

Reaction score
There is NO obligation for a team to renegotiate a new deal while a player is still under contract, period, end of story....paying Zeke an extension was a mistake

And no it was not overblown or stupid, Ceedee's behavior during the first half of that game was a disgrace...When you need the QB, position coach and the headcoach trying to get him engaged in the game while not running routes or pouting doesn't warrant any contract extention until he grows up and act like a professional
There is no obligation but pretty much standard practice around the league is that team's engage with their star players at this very time during their rookie deals. And there are very good reasons why this is done. Few teams, if any, make their star players play out there contracts and then sign them to a large extension. It's just not how it's done.

And yeah, the criticism of Lamb is dumb. He was a top 3 WR all of last year and a lot went wrong in that first half. Potentially pissing him off with a contract squabble because of like small incident during a game you were getting DESTROYED IN is stupid and dumb. But Jerry has never been one to handle these things correctly.

Every year the same group of fans whine about pampered players and we shouldn't pay them now and they should honor their contracts and this and that when the reality is the league doesn't operate that way and if you try to operate that way, it often just ends up burning you.

stiletto

Reaction score
There is no obligation but pretty much standard practice around the league is that team's engage with their star players at this very time during their rookie deals. And there are very good reasons why this is done. Few teams, if any, make their star players play out there contracts and then sign them to a large extension. It's just not how it's done.

And yeah, the criticism of Lamb is dumb. He was a top 3 WR all of last year and a lot went wrong in that first half. Potentially pissing him off with a contract squabble because of like small incident during a game you were getting DESTROYED IN is stupid and dumb. But Jerry has never been one to handle these things correctly.

Every year the same group of fans whine about pampered players and we shouldn't pay them now and they should honor their contracts and this and that when the reality is the league doesn't operate that way and if you try to operate that way, it often just ends up burning you.
I'm not one to defend Jerry AT ALL but it would be a different plan if he stopped ultimately bending the knee to these bed-wetting players. Hasn't gotten this franchise very far the last 3 decades. I understand we need good players but it's kind of been an "Inmate's running the asylum" thing. Might be good if that stops happening a little bit even though we know Jerry will probably screw it up either way.

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
And yet he doesn't fire his HC who also had a direct hand in that result? He makes no serious offseason changes to the staff or roster?

Instead, what he's going to do and where he is going to show his disgust is to potentially piss off his 2nd best player with a contract squabble?

But why give 3 Market Setting Contracts to the same players who cant and dont and have not produced in the playoffs....Players had their chance to shine..and show they had what it takes......just not some regular season hero's. You want to be the best....prove it when it matters.....DAK, Lamb McCarthy and Parsons failed Jerry Jones and this Cowboys Team. I was there, I saw it first hand and left in disgust......... do you remember Lamb pouting on the sidelines in the GB playoff loss.....it took McCarthy to come over and console him to get his head back in the game......and HECK YEAH....add McCarthy to the list of prove it or move on coaches on the team...... DAK, LAMB, PARSON and McCarthy have not proven 1 darn thing to deserve market setting contracts.... it's a PROVE IT YEAR

blueblood70

Reaction score
Exactly.
One team's fears and foolishness / hence overpayment doesn't constitute true market value.
If one house sells at an increased rate because one particular buyer was foolish enough to pay the price, that does not become the new market value. That new market value only becomes a reality when several buyers begin showing equal willingness to pay that increased price for similar houses. Then you can call it market value.
But in the NFL, if just one player gets a larger contract, suddenly everybody jumps on the bandwagon and starts calling it the NEW MARKET PRICE!
That is just NFL nonsense.
i don't think people here realize all the wide receivers have signed since Jefferson.. lots of them under 30 we do not know what CDs asking for but top 5 is fair resetting the record for non qb isnt a good look.. not saying he shouldn't ask for as much as he can get but at some point, come to the middle and it will get done.

DJ Moore took 27.5 hes a pretty damn good wr1, allegedly the #1 player in the nfl in the new top 100 got his new deal 30 per 90 guaranteed for 3 years, say 30mil to the best wr in the league? sure up in age but ummm

id say if CD pushing for 35 hes asking for too much IMHO and both sides are to blame here. but we don't know the details and none of us should take aside. this is posturing negotiations 101...

https://overthecap.com/position/wide-receiver

its JJ 35 Brown 32 than starts dropping 30 and really average is 27 for top 10 WR.. top 5 shows 31.. so take 32 with more guarantees and lets get this done. technically in my opinion when someon....about market market would be top five,NOT #1, not everyone sets new market.. IE Amari only at 20mil this year final year. CD ls 15mil better? this will get done people....

remember when Waston got 230 fully guaranteed, did any qb since get that? its been growing but that was over 4 years ago, nope that was just a bad contract and Jeffersons IMHO was also bad...not horrible but not a good precedent. Jamar chase and Ayuke are also finding out it takes while..

all these other signings been being used as look They got there dont first all averaging under 30 per..NOT 35 that one deal only!!

Reid1boys

Reaction score
wait, I thought Jerry just caves to players? Isnt that what is said by so many of you in here? Wouldnt caving mean Dak and Lamb would already have a new, record setting contract?
Why arent some of you happy? Isnt this what you wanted? A meaner Jerry, not attached to his players?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

He is chaotic ......... he does whatever he is in the mood to due at the moment with a "plan" that changes at a moments notice.

stiletto

Reaction score
wait, I thought Jerry just caves to players? Isnt that what is said by so many of you in here? Wouldnt caving mean Dak and Lamb would already have a new, record setting contract?
Why arent some of you happy? Isnt this what you wanted? A meaner Jerry, not attached to his players?
Its sort of funny, some posters/media people who complain constantly about contracts they give out are now complaining about NOT giving out contracts to guys. I guess if it is their "pet cats", they care a little more or something.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score

The FACT remains Ceedee is going to get a contract extension, it's a foregone conclusion so why not have your butt in camp, Dak isn't holding out, he's in camp, he's on the last year of his deal, Ceedee still has two years left, this year and a franchsie tag next year...so you know what's Dumb, NOT BEING IN CAMP when you're already under contract...and the fact if he doesn't get a contract extension, do you think he's going to hold out and miss the start of the season... NOPE, why because then he loses game checks, and he's not going to risk that!!

Bigrandrn

Reaction score
Trade cd would be smart move I need young wr plus your 1st and 2nd
Hard to think some team would trade a 1st, definitely not 1st AND second for a wr they have to also pay a massive contract to, the contract is enough as it is but to also lose a pick or two, a 1st which they could draft their own high level Wr, can’t see that.

stiletto

Reaction score
Hard to think some team would trade a 1st, definitely not 1st AND second for a wr they have to also pay a massive contract to, the contract is enough as it is but to also lose a pick or two, a 1st which they could draft their own high level Wr, can’t see that.
They could consider a deal like Philly gave to Tennessee for AJ Brown if one came up. Philly then signed Brown to a contract. It can happen. I think Tenn got #18 and #101 picks for Brown.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Players had their chance to shine.
And so has Jerry

The last time his team succeeded was 1996, and he was worth around 1 billion dollars.

After failing miserably as the GM and Owner of the team for the last 28+ years ........ Cowboy fans have increased his wealth to 14 billion dollars.

All he did was live off the corpse of the team that Jimmy Johnson built.

Yea ........ Jerry had his chance to shine ...... and he has failed longer than any player he tries to take it out on

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stop his greedy game? Against a guy who is worth 14 billion dollars for failing for 28+ years?

Jeebus
There is a salary cap so being worth 14B isn't an advantage over an owner worth 4B when it comes to signing players.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
There is a salary cap so being worth 14B isn't an advantage over an owner worth 4B when it comes to signing players.
I was not discussing the Salary crap ....... just that "Jerry fans" take on players greed.