Twitter: Lamb's response to Jerry's "No Urgency" comments

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Right but this is how our dysfunctional owner plays it out in the media pleading for public perception hoping to sway his direction.

The only result I see is Jethro paying him. I’ll be shocked if he doesn’t . This is just typical posturing by our bumbling buffoon.
You're on fire tonight

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
Smell the roses he doesn't care about this coming season he's looking forward to being in the running to draft Prime's QB son.
He's seeing the dollar signs from doing just that. Problem is he is too dumb to even tank right.

Plankton

Reaction score
He should’ve been traded if they don’t want to re-sign and we are “rebuilding”
Do you really think that they don't want to resign him? They want to do it at their price, and know full well that they can tag him next year if they don't get something done prior to that.

I also think that this front office doesn't think far enough ahead to have a plan for rebuilding.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That's the problem. It's gotten out of control. We can all see it. Those "Market Value" salary cap percentage hits for certain positional players keeps getting higher and higher every year, higher than the team salary cap gets increased.
I agree . It’s frustrating for fans . The owners can impact it at anytime . But they won’t cause they want the talent . And if they can afford it will pay it.

Remember it was the owners who wanted a Salary Cap, not the players. This is the bed they made , and must sleep in it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Do you really think that they don't want to resign him? They want to do it at their price, and know full well that they can tag him next year if they don't get something done prior to that.

I also think that this front office doesn't think far enough ahead to have a plan for rebuilding.
I don’t think they are rebuilding but that’s what the argument was. It’s pure incompetence. They are not gonna get him on a hometown discount… their thinking is stupid.

plasticman

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that any response from CeeDee was against the advice of his agent.

His agent probably wanted to make sure it was Jones who appeared petty and wanted CeeDee to behave as though he was above all this.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Thank you! Some of our fans are consistently high on something!
On their behalf some just want to be able to retain and afford these talents who obviously help us win. It just isn’t possible sometimes . That’s the nature of the business . Players bolt all the time for Market Value.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What is CD asking for?

What is Dak asking for?

All you have heard is speculation from the media.
Right. We don’t really know exactly .

All we know is what the current Market Value is based on other similar talent level at their positions which is probably the base starting point for these negotiations. But again that’s speculation as well.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Yep. This isn’t he same situation with Dakster. Lamb is legit top receiver. He will get paid somewhere. And deservedly so.
Yes, because CD throws the ball to Lamb.

If you think CD has similar numbers with Trance or a rookie QB you are delusional.

Praxit

Reaction score
What is CD asking for?

What is Dak asking for?

All you have heard is speculation from the media.
..they are asking whatever Joe Blow got from Pitt, Philly, Buff, Det, Chi, LAR, ......etc..

They want a match or more. Why? because now, it has become some standard.

heir

Reaction score
the 14 billion dollars has nothinq to do with this lol.
If the cowboys team had a cap of say 4 billion dollars then yeah it would, but the cap is what 235 million ?

We all know jerry is greedy.

Lamb and daks greed, just takes money away from his own team mates. The more he makes, the less they make.
Of course when u factor in mr cheapo steven jones, he is going to low ball every player he can.
I can't believe we still spew this stuff. No offense. The salary cap can be manipulated to fit so many different scenarios. This team is just very bad at doing it. With that same 235 mil Eagles have their QB, 2 WRs and RB and multiple OL all making their market value at the time of signing. Not even, including the defense. By no means am I suing them as the gold standard but just using them as an example. The Rams were in "cap hell" for one season and they still made the playoffs and are back in contention now. The Salary cap is nothing that has to hold you back from signing players with the repercussions lasting for years and years. Stop leaving these contracts to the last minute, sign them as early as possible and stop dragging the players and image of the franchise through the mud.