Lance as Backup

garyo1954

Reaction score
When was the last time Booger made a trade that truly made this team better?
Which of his trades made the team a super bowl contender?

Now you know why Stephen does the negotiations. Booger would overpay and look stupider than he already does.

You have to wonder what trades Stephen never mentions to Booger for fear of bad deals followed by bad results

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Wouldn’t it make sense at some point in this season of road warriors to have Lance back up Dak and actually get him some reps or heavan forbid give him a start . You let a 4 go out the window for the guy and next yr FA goodbye . Nothing in return ?

I already know what Cooper brings to the table and it’s limited but serviceable as a back up . The lack of mobility in either 7 or # 4 is horrible , ends drives . Just to spice up the season have him as back up in Santa Clara . MM be Bold !
Soon.

#TreyLance

DuncanIso

Reaction score
And on top of all that, Lance has a $5.3 mil cap hit this year to literally not even be eligible to play unless both Dak and Cooper Rush are somehow incapacitated. $5.3 million that could have been used to help this team in tangible ways.

This alone would get most GMs fired.
Lance is about the future.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Wouldn’t it make sense at some point in this season of road warriors to have Lance back up Dak and actually get him some reps or heavan forbid give him a start . You let a 4 go out the window for the guy and next yr FA goodbye . Nothing in return ?

I already know what Cooper brings to the table and it’s limited but serviceable as a back up . The lack of mobility in either 7 or # 4 is horrible , ends drives . Just to spice up the season have him as back up in Santa Clara . MM be Bold !
Lance blew his chance in preseason. He was given every opportunity to beat out Rush and didn’t do it. The reviews on Lance were bad all during training camp.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Coach Jones lmao

How bout them Cowboys!
jerry-jones-cowboys.gif

:starspin:

RonWashington

Reaction score
Lance blew his chance in preseason. He was given every opportunity to beat out Rush and didn’t do it. The reviews on Lance were bad all during training camp.

He threw some interceptions but Dak has a bundle of them this year . Lance had a nice fade for a TD in the red zone to the forgotten 6th rounder who should be playing as well . A Red Zone I might add a coach with some imagination might be able to incorporate Lances skill set to extend plays .

Chasing6

Reaction score

NO

Chasing6

Reaction score
He should either be the backup or released. I don’t think he is a starting NFL QB but get him some mop-up duty to prove it either way. What a stupid, wasted trade that our wonderful GM pulled off…..
GM Jethro is an idiot. He wont admit he is an idiot. So he will not be released on a guaranteed contract.

Chasing6

Reaction score

Zero

Chasing6

Reaction score

Trance is a waste any witch way you look at it.

Adreme

Reaction score

We saw what Lance brought in the preseason and it was INTs against players currently working at Home Depot. He simply is not good enough. It amazes me how he can show he is not good enough over and over and over again and yet there are still people who can say "but what if this time we do x, then it could be different". At some point, the player just is what they are and what Lance is, is not an NFL QB. He is not a starter and he could not even out play Cooper Rush for a backup job.

RonWashington

Reaction score
What the Cowboys offense is doing isn’t “ good enough “ and with some imagination from the coaches you have a player who can come off the bench in circumstances and extend droves, maybe red zone help .

Sure just flush the 4th round pick to SF down the toilet get nothing . By the way in Preseason his TD to Flournoy was against a starting DB for Vegas not a Home Depot player .

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
And on top of all that, Lance has a $5.3 mil cap hit this year to literally not even be eligible to play unless both Dak and Cooper Rush are somehow incapacitated. $5.3 million that could have been used to help this team in tangible ways.

This alone would get most GMs fired.
Ya and Henry is making around 6m and starting.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I have oftentimes wondered if the original plan was for Lance to backup Dak in 2023 and start in 2024, thus letting Prescott play out his contract without an extension