Lance as Backup

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
And on top of all that, Lance has a $5.3 mil cap hit this year to literally not even be eligible to play unless both Dak and Cooper Rush are somehow incapacitated. $5.3 million that could have been used to help this team in tangible ways.

This alone would get most GMs fired.
Henry or Lance...hmmm

Mr_437

Reaction score
Cue Sam Darnold, Geno, Mayfield
Lights do come on in players
Lance was showing signs
Lets see where team is after next 5 games
Decision time
I agree, but it doesn't matter in Dallas because Dak is QB1 for the next 4 years.

garyo1954

Reaction score
Last April in the draft. He's actually made several in recent years.
I'd love to know what they were. As far as I see he hasn't brought an impact player since..... Roy Williams......wait......uh that would be Joey (the ACL) Galloway, two of the worst trades in NFL history

He doesn't do impact trades. He learned he was no good at them and gave it up.

RonWashington

Reaction score
He threw 5 INTs against scrubs in the 3rd preseason game and you’re comparing that with the 6 INTs Dak has thrown in 6 regular season games? :rolleyes: Mahomes has 8 INTs this season. That’s what I call a bundle. This is Lances 4th NFL season and he hasn’t been able to win the backup job with 2 different teams.

Chiefs winning largely on defense this year Mahomes will tell you . Dak doesn’t have the luxury of a defense to bail him out .

RonWashington

Reaction score
I'm clinging to hope he'll be able to improve enough in his passing skills to equal or exceed what Cooper Rush is to that position. If his skill in passing ever equals what he contributes as a runner, he'd be a sure-thing cinch as a backup QB. Sigh . . . ;)

He FA next yr . Use him in spots this yr or get nothing out of the trade .

Chasing6

Reaction score
Just call the Lance trade what it is, a dumb move by Jerry. He already had his franchise QB and a proper backup, so wth was he doing trading a 4th for Lance? Further showing he needs to sit down and get out the way.

Lance has no place on this team, so try to trade him and get whatever you can.
Add trading the pick and money to the team you are trying to catch up to in your own conference.

This trade was so dumb on multiple levels.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He threw some interceptions but Dak has a bundle of them this year . Lance had a nice fade for a TD in the red zone to the forgotten 6th rounder who should be playing as well . A Red Zone I might add a coach with some imagination might be able to incorporate Lances skill set to extend plays .
Lance threw interceptions to guys that are working at Lowes now. A couple nice passes doesnt make him an NFL caliber QB. The Lance Delusion is going on strong

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wouldn’t it make sense at some point in this season of road warriors to have Lance back up Dak and actually get him some reps or heavan forbid give him a start . You let a 4 go out the window for the guy and next yr FA goodbye . Nothing in return ?

I already know what Cooper brings to the table and it’s limited but serviceable as a back up . The lack of mobility in either 7 or # 4 is horrible , ends drives . Just to spice up the season have him as back up in Santa Clara . MM be Bold !
Lance got his shot during the preseason and busted. He was so bad that he couldn't even overtake Cooper Rush. Dude is done in the NFL. We could cut him tomorrow and nobody would pick him up. He's a great athlete not an NFL QB.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He should either be the backup or released. I don’t think he is a starting NFL QB but get him some mop-up duty to prove it either way. What a stupid, wasted trade that our wonderful GM pulled off…..
We have wasted SO many picks way more valuable than that one. Weird to even ping your radar on it.

bigE79

Reaction score
Wouldn’t it make sense at some point in this season of road warriors to have Lance back up Dak and actually get him some reps or heavan forbid give him a start . You let a 4 go out the window for the guy and next yr FA goodbye . Nothing in return ?

I already know what Cooper brings to the table and it’s limited but serviceable as a back up . The lack of mobility in either 7 or # 4 is horrible , ends drives . Just to spice up the season have him as back up in Santa Clara . MM be Bold !
Why not, really what could it hurt at this point

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
He FA next yr . Use him in spots this yr or get nothing out of the trade .
It's a realistic clue as to whether, or not, he'll actually have a chance to win a chance to compete for our backup QB position!

Time will tell. It's not over 'til it's over, as the old saying goes. Life and pro football are funny that way. Anything's possible. ;)

Last edited: