Lance is not the answer; Dak is gone, too old, too much to overcome; Rush is meh

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I'm not listening to anyone calling Lance a 4th year qb with no context/background.
Listen to this. His rookie contract concludes in 30 weeks. You can call him anything you want. EOB March 12, 2025 he’ll call himself a free agent with four years of service in the NFL. And he cannot be signed for less than the minimum due a player in his fifth year in the league. Is that sufficient context/background for you?

cowboybish

Reaction score
its been painfully obvious Lance is not the answer. there are multiple threads defending his play, making excuses like he has been a victim, or it wasn't that bad or he needs more time and needs more work, blah blah blah...this for a top 3 pick in his 4th year in the league. those excuses are what you say about a 6th or 7th round rookie.

Dak is over 30. he will not have a chance to succeed in Dallas and time to go separate ways for the benefit of both.

Rush is what he is. a reliable back up, not a difference maker.

and we have zero QBs under contract for 2025. time to draft the next QB. perhaps having a really bad record is not the worst scenario this year. this team may very well fall apart when it hits a controversy which will happen in Cowboys land, during the season and they fall apart. questions are do we trade Lamb? and why not? SF is asking for 2 firsts for Aiyuk...lamb is certainly better. they may not get 2 1sts, but that's the starting asking price.

do we trade Parsons? why not? I am not high on him. he is not focused on football. is getting by with his physical ability and talks too much. not the type of leader we need in dallas. trade cook? for a mid round pick to a contender in the middle of the season? why not?

so who are the QBs coming out next year? I am not tuned into the college QB scene for 2024.
I'd rather have Rush and use the money to build a better overall team. At this point... Dak can't run any better or avoid the rush than Cooper Rush. Coop is a decent QB who won't cost you games. Let him play!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
So you trust Jerruh to make good choices with top 5 picks?
How many years?
And how many picks will it take before jerruh and the jones family build us back to where we are now?
I don't trust jerry at all. but even a blind squirrle finds a nut now and then. he lucked into Lamb, diggs and Parsons.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I'd rather have Rush and use the money to build a better overall team. At this point... Dak can't run any better or avoid the rush than Cooper Rush. Coop is a decent QB who won't cost you games. Let him play!
I don't look at it as a money issue. if cap is managed right, money is not an issue. but Rush gives us a better chance to maintain than Lance would.

coop is very limited in his physical ability. he is smart, but his arm strength leaves a lot to be desired. that limits the team.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I don't look at it as a money issue. if cap is managed right, money is not an issue. but Rush gives us a better chance to maintain than Lance would.

coop is very limited in his physical ability. he is smart, but his arm strength leaves a lot to be desired. that limits the team.
Cooper is slow and older. Pocket passer.

Lance is gifted with athleticism.

Lance will be QB2 soon.

“The NFL is a people replacing business.” - Bill Parcells

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Listen to this. His rookie contract concludes in 30 weeks. You can call him anything you want. EOB March 12, 2025 he’ll call himself a free agent with four years of service in the NFL. And he cannot be signed for less than the minimum due a player in his fifth year in the league. Is that sufficient context/background for you?
So you think Lance's first 4 years has the same quality, content, and depth as say...Dak's.

I...do not. You can count up the days, weeks, months and years if you want...but that is all they are. Means nothing.

I'm not arguing the Trey is better than Dak...or that he will even make the team. I am simply stating the fact that Lance's tenure has had some major interruptions. And for a "project"..that's a problem.

That's it. I don't get what the issue is.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
So you think Lance's first 4 years has the same quality, content, and depth as say...Dak's.

I...do not. You can count up the days, weeks, months and years if you want...but that is all they are. Means nothing.

I'm not arguing the Trey is better than Dak...or that he will even make the team. I am simply stating the fact that Lance's tenure has had some major interruptions. And for a "project"..that's a problem.

That's it. I don't get what the issue is.
To be fair, Lance has been injured a lot.

And that leg break was brutal.

Hadenough

Reaction score
its been painfully obvious Lance is not the answer. there are multiple threads defending his play, making excuses like he has been a victim, or it wasn't that bad or he needs more time and needs more work, blah blah blah...this for a top 3 pick in his 4th year in the league. those excuses are what you say about a 6th or 7th round rookie.

Dak is over 30. he will not have a chance to succeed in Dallas and time to go separate ways for the benefit of both.

and we have zero QBs under contract for 2025. time to draft the next QB. perhaps having a really bad record is not the worst scenario this year. this team may very well fall apart when it hits a controversy which will happen in Cowboys land, during the season and they fall apart. questions are do we trade Lamb? and why not? SF is asking for 2 firsts for Aiyuk...lamb is certainly better. they may not get 2 1sts, but that's the starting asking price.

do we trade Parsons? why not? I am not high on him. he is not focused on football. is getting by with his physical ability and talks too much. not the type of leader we need in dallas. trade cook? for a mid round pick to a contender in the middle of the season? why not?

so who are the QBs coming out next year? I am not tuned into the college QB scene for 2024.
I think the only way you trade Parsons is if he is used to trade up in a package deal with 2) 1s to get the #1 pick in the 2025 NFL draft.

Hadenough

Reaction score
To be fair, Lance has been injured a lot.

And that leg break was brutal.
I think Lance is an athlete but he is just too raw to be handed the job. He only had something like 25 starts between College and High School. He just needs to much work and training. Like 4 years worth and there is no guarantee he will even get any better. Time to move on.

CowboysRule

Reaction score

Trade Parsons because he isn't focused on football? Why do you think that? Because he posts on Twitter from time to time?

Jarntt

Reaction score
I'm not worried about next year. We have Dak this year and I expect CeeDee as his top target. Who knows what will happen next year but if this year ends the same as every other year I'm fine with starting over and if we have more playoff success, then Jerry will throw more money at Dak than anyone else will. Let's see this year play out before we start worrying about next year. Just don't forget that starting QBs change hands every year now. No you aren't getting Mahomes but perhaps if we do end up starting over, the cap space we save plus whomever we end up with will give us a chance. At some point you can't just keep running out the same guys and expect a different outcome and while that's not all on Dak of course, it's pretty clear the Jones Boyz are incapable of working the cap when it includes a $50M QB who isn't a top 3 type guy. Can they do so with a $20M QB? No, probably not and that's the rub...

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Trade Parsons because he isn't focused on football? Why do you think that? Because he posts on Twitter from time to time?
posts on twitter from time to time? or has a pod cast he runs during the season? and he tends to fade as season goes on. he is more focused on branding and image than football. and he has the most value and brings the most picks

CowboysRule

Reaction score
posts on twitter from time to time? or has a pod cast he runs during the season? and he tends to fade as season goes on. he is more focused on branding and image than football. and he has the most value and brings the most picks
Are you one of those people who think football players should just be focused on nothing but football the entire time during the season? When you get home from work do you do nothing but think about work? Do you have any hobbies? Football players are people too and if he takes a couple hours during the week to do a podcast I see no issue with that. You can only watch so much film. As far as fading I'd say that's more on his usage. They play him as a edge rusher and he's just not big enough for that. They need to play him as a LBer. I know he wants to be more at DE because that makes more money and that's probably my biggest issue with him.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Are you one of those people who think football players should just be focused on nothing but football the entire time during the season? When you get home from work do you do nothing but think about work? Do you have any hobbies? Football players are people too and if he takes a couple hours during the week to do a podcast I see no issue with that. You can only watch so much film. As far as fading I'd say that's more on his usage. They play him as a edge rusher and he's just not big enough for that. They need to play him as a LBer. I know he wants to be more at DE because that makes more money and that's probably my biggest issue with him.
no, football players can do whatever they want? do theyt want to have a brand and market themselves? go ahead, do pod casts, etc. do they want to get to championships and be the best? study film, spend extra time on your craft. its a few month in the year and then you have more time. Brady, Manning, etc were notorious for the amount of film study and work they did during the season. If you love what you do, then its not work.

so yeah, if Parson wants to do pod casts, have distractions, etc. then by all means go ahead do it.

there is no denying he fades and disappears in big games. same thing we accuse Dak does. Parsons has been pretty much non existent in post season.

and like I said, he is an asset that will bring back the most draft picks.