Lance is not the answer; Dak is gone, too old, too much to overcome; Rush is meh

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Yeh, you be forced to have to do the post prescott eplacement ...and what would be super silly is we didn't have to lose a dak who wanted to be here conditionally.
you have to be concerned about lack of post season success. not blaming all on Dak, but to ignore he bears some fault or large portion there of is being blind.

also, that he is 31, last year of his contract, time to start looking forward and having a plan in place. doesn't look like we do. I hate to put all the eggs in one basket. too risky. one must have contingency planning

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dak is not 40 yrs old....this is the 40 age of rodgers brees or brady....and you dont see a fading noodle arm, .or a QB thats a immobile cement ...so why you want to start replacement thinking wth a 2nd runner up league MVP???...
yes, replace the 2nd in MVP. why not? that's called settling. GB had rodgers and drafted Love. Indy walked away from Manning and got Luck. NE had Brady and drafted Grapolo and traded him. its done all the time. the worst thing is to sit idle. and please please please don't tell me Lance means not sitting idle. that was stupidity

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not listening to anyone calling Lance a 4th year qb with no context/background.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You must love losing seasons.
If you hate 3 seasons of 12-5 with a playoff game, how are you going to feel with 3 seasons of 5-12 and the season over in October?
I am not a Dak hater, but one can't argue with the post season failures and lack of productivity. is it all Dak's fault? no. I am not naive or have an agenda to drive, but he bears a lot of fault and hasn't been able to over come even when he had things around him. it just doesn't feel like it falls in place with him.

and maybe its time to go 5-12. 4-13 or whatever and have a top 5 pick and draft a QB. so far, in 8 years it hasn't worked out. at some point you have to look else where.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Please remember he's been hurt a couple times. And I'm not "clinging" to Lance, I'm excited about a young player and POSSIBLY a future starter. Why are you so opposed? Why not give him time to develop with this team?
so? what does that mean? and he has been in NFL film rooms. been coached by great OCs. has been iin QB rooms and still has trouble recognizing defensive alignment and what his reads are.

and its not like he was immobile or on a wheel chair. he was healthy last year. so he is not a rookie any more. the other rookies out did him in their very first preseason performance.

why give him time? we know at this point he will never be elite. everyone here complains about Dak not being elite. now we want to switch form one QB who is good not elite to another one? to what end?

I am opposed to wasting time for something that most probably is not going to work out. why are you clinging to Lance so hard?

starfan1

Reaction score
I am not a Dak hater, but one can't argue with the post season failures and lack of productivity. is it all Dak's fault? no. I am not naive or have an agenda to drive, but he bears a lot of fault and hasn't been able to over come even when he had things around him. it just doesn't feel like it falls in place with him.

and maybe its time to go 5-12. 4-13 or whatever and have a top 5 pick and draft a QB. so far, in 8 years it hasn't worked out. at some point you have to look else where.
he hasnt been the sole reason the failed nor has been a reason for them to get over the hump. I myself am not convinced jerry could pick a QB if they had neon lights attached to them. He wanted Manziel and had to talked off the ledge. Im literally ok with taking a late first round flyer or even making a trade but I have no interest in the 4-13 or 5-12 avenue. Im not sure the QB crop next year is going to be that great. Sanders dont exactly overwhelm me with confidence

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
he hasnt been the sole reason the failed nor has been a reason for them to get over the hump. I myself am not convinced jerry could pick a QB if they had neon lights attached to them. He wanted Manziel and had to talked off the ledge. Im literally ok with taking a late first round flyer or even making a trade but I have no interest in the 4-13 or 5-12 avenue. Im not sure the QB crop next year is going to be that great. Sanders dont exactly overwhelm me with confidence
I agree. Jerry doesn't know how to draft. he is more focused on potential jersey sales than actual QB. when he wanted to draft Manziel, it was jersey sales flashing in his head. Manziel, johnny football, texas legend in cowboys uniform....

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
so? what does that mean? and he has been in NFL film rooms. been coached by great OCs. has been iin QB rooms and still has trouble recognizing defensive alignment and what his reads are.

and its not like he was immobile or on a wheel chair. he was healthy last year. so he is not a rookie any more. the other rookies out did him in their very first preseason performance.

why give him time? we know at this point he will never be elite. everyone here complains about Dak not being elite. now we want to switch form one QB who is good not elite to another one? to what end?

I am opposed to wasting time for something that most probably is not going to work out. why are you clinging to Lance so hard?
When did I mention replacing Dak with this guy? I am defending this player which has nothing to do with Dak. Maybe your agenda is showing

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
When did I mention replacing Dak with this guy? I am defending this player which has nothing to do with Dak. Maybe your agenda is showing
ok, why are you defending this player? we saw Rush with same players, less physical ability to much better than Lance.

I rather go with Rush.

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
just one preseason game? or multiple actual games and multiple pre-season games. mind you he is in year 4 in the NFL...yet he has a fandom for some reason. not sure why. but he does.
I get what you're saying in him being in year 4. Let me ask you, how many actual games has he been in? How many in game reps has he had in those 4 years? No knock on Purdy however he only came in because Lance got injured (just as Dak came onto the scene when Romo and Moore got injured and the same way Lance went in when Jimmy G went down). Barring injury, Purdy wouldn't have seen any action to take Lance's job from him.

My point is this: Sure, this is year 4 however the amount of in-game activity doesn't even amount to 1 year worth. He needs more reps before one can truly see what he is. How many games has Dak appeared in? How many in game reps has Dak gotten in his 7 year career?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I get what you're saying in him being in year 4. Let me ask you, how many actual games has he been in? How many in game reps has he had in those 4 years? No knock on Purdy however he only came in because Lance got injured (just as Dak came onto the scene when Romo and Moore got injured and the same way Lance went in when Jimmy G went down). Barring injury, Purdy wouldn't have seen any action to take Lance's job from him.

My point is this: Sure, this is year 4 however the amount of in-game activity doesn't even amount to 1 year worth. He needs more reps before one can truly see what he is. How many games has Dak appeared in? How many in game reps has Dak gotten in his 7 year career?
and those excuses matter because? and you are talking about a potential developmental player who is in year 4 in the league. potential. nothing has shown that maybe he is ready to take the next step. Love was on the bench for 4 years, stepped right in and took the team to playoffs. Rodgers did the same with Favre. and so on and so on....

but all I am hearing is excuses for this Lance guy. and if Purdy doesn't get injured? SF may not have made the playoffs. because they did sign another bust to be their back up.

and now, you want to give him game time. let him learn....the fact is the kid was way over drafted. he was an olympic athlete masquarding as an NFL type QB. it quickly becamse obvious, he just doesn't have it and everyone wants to give him more time. more playing time. in the meantime, actual rookies out played him this weekend. fantastic...lets cling to nothing!!!!

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ok, why are you defending this player? we saw Rush with same players, less physical ability to much better than Lance.

I rather go with Rush.
Not knocking Rush at all, but I love this guy's mobility. If he can improve on his accuracy while rolling out, man what a weapon. I'm not going to judge him until I see few more games, but I liked what I saw on several plays.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Not knocking Rush at all, but I love this guy's mobility. If he can improve on his accuracy while rolling out, man what a weapon. I'm not going to judge him until I see few more games, but I liked what I saw on several plays.
too many if's with Lance. if this, if that, then this and then that.

I do not care about QB mobility. can he make throws? can he read a defense, can he move around the pocket and feel pressure? Lamar Jackson is as mobile as they come and he is 2-4 in the playoffs. Hurts a mobile QB lost in the superbowl. now, I am not saying they should be a statue (but then again Brady and Manning did ok). but just being able to scramble and make a few plays when pocket breaks down. but I don't want a QB who is a RB in disguise.

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score

So you trust Jerruh to make good choices with top 5 picks?
How many years?
And how many picks will it take before jerruh and the jones family build us back to where we are now?