Lance was very disappointing

LocoBates

Reaction score
Any new QB in Dallas will have to throw Dink and Dunk passes for his first 2 years as starter in order to have a fair comparison
Comparing a guy who has played only 4 full regular season NFL games with a guy with more than 8 years of experience as starter in the NFL is a little unfair, but that's the name of the game and only franchises in rebuild state will have the patience to not get discouraged when comparing the two without proper context.

Ideally what MM needs to see is the potential, if there is little or none then move on, if there is potential then consider your options at the QB position in the future knowing it can get you out of the hole or backfire and send you deeper.
Realistically what the Cowboys need to see is a QB outplaying #4 now.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Okay so you said Dak doesn't deserve that type of contract.... other than Mahomes and maybe Burrows, name me the other quarterbacks who are getting paid max dollars and are truly earning their contracts.....

Herbert just got maxed out and haven't even won a playoff game yet.

So who's deserving of their max dollars other than Mahomes? If everyone else gets paid max dollars than Dak should as well. People are stuck on that "highest paid at his position" stuff. That's just how the market works.

Dak will probably be the highest paid quarterback, then it will be someone after that, then someone after that and so on....
Why would you ever pay that contract to a guy that can't get you out of the first round of the playoffs? The guy has an unbelievably ugly history of bigger the game....the smaller he plays....or just completely loses it for us. I'm not paying that....no matter how badly the media wants their darling.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
He's been apart of 4 nfl training camps already, no way he should look this incompetent

I’m not convinced that Trey Lance is the Cowboys' next franchise QB, but if he can stay on the field—considering his injury history in San Francisco—it’s not impossible for him to develop further.

Cowboy4evr

Reaction score
Nobody, besides the biggest homers, would admit that another season like last year with the same ending is fun.

Nobody.

We survived the season when Dak broke his ankle and we ended up w Micah. We survived the season when Tony broke his collarbone twice and we ended up with Zeke.
LOL...Get in line with the rest of the Millennials to get your trophy.

coult44

Reaction score
You don't know that. You're just hoping to say words and no one will call you on it.
You think i make this crap up, I wish. I’d be doing it to for a living. I watch every video on YouTube, listen to every dang hour of podcast content available, and listen to every local Cowboys piece of info on the radio app from The Fan. Guess what, every person who does the same has been hearing and seeing the same. Get out of your hole and experience the world, you might learn something.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
it’s only the 1st preseason game…i don’t think he was terrible, and i wouldn’t say he was great either, he is a work in progress. do i think he’s the future for this team, probably not

Rayman70

Reaction score
Lance will get 2 more chances to show out. His receivers did him no favors at times either. Brooks,Harmon and Cropper had to catch passes that were off target often. The Harmon kid has somethin to him.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
it’s only the 1st preseason game…i don’t think he was terrible, and i wouldn’t say he was great either, he is a work in progress. do i think he’s the future for this team, probably not
I think the reason some of us out disappointed is because while we didn’t know how good he was…..we surely didn’t expect that. He’s a four year pro and looks raw. You just don’t see guys raw in year 4 and go on to be a franchise quarterback. We could’ve held out and got Justin Fields for a 6th….

Chasing6

Reaction score
And how did that work out for Bennett?? 4 ints that should have been 5. He was awful.
It worked out pretty good. They got the win. Did you see their locker room celebration?

How did our locker room look?

Funny how only wins only matter until they don't.

movaughn88

Reaction score
It worked out pretty good. They got the win. Did you see their locker room celebration?

How did our locker room look?

Funny how only wins only matter until they don't.
Are you talking about a preseason locker room celebration? LMAO

movaughn88

Reaction score
Winning and losing become a habit.

I guess you are impressed with Trance's 9 points in 52 minutes of the game, when the defense had 4 turnovers.
No, I'm waiting for our top 5 players to take the field.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
Nah, this is his 4th year in the league.

The fact that he has played so little and the fact the 49ers were willing to part ways with him for a 4th round pick proves he is just not an NFL QB.
++ he was the 3rd overall pick and SF gave up 3 1st and a 2nd...Shanahan knows QBs and to give up that much capital and only get a 4th back in return (notwithstanding no other team was willing to part with more than 5th) tls you all you need to know.

JJ thought he was outsmarting everyone else...and you know how that usually turns out.

movaughn88

Reaction score
Exactly it will not include Trance. He may not make the top 53.
We do not disagree, but I still don't think preseason scores matter at all, the games only matter for proving guys like Lance don't belong and getting the top players a bit of time without getting hurt.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Granted he wasn't playing with top talent, but he wasn't facing top talent either.

He didn't do enough, and a lot of his placement with open receivers was a bit off.

Plus, he can't even throw a simple fade to a wide open receiver in the end zone. That 4th down miss was awful.

Lance is literally on the chopping block.
The real question is why was it disappointing?

1. Was it because people fell for the Jerry Jones marketing agenda?
2. Was it because of the strong DDS you have?
3. Was it because you really believed someone could become an NFL starting QB after 1 college season?
4. Was it because your emotions got in the way from reality?
5. Other - i am excited to here more options.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Winning and losing become a habit.

I guess you are impressed with Trance's 9 points in 52 minutes of the game, when the defense had 4 turnovers.
Funny how you don’t see Dak playing mediocre to awful in the playoffs as a “habit”.