Lance was very disappointing

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
If you’re looking for the exact quote from some, I can’t help you. If you haven’t been paying attention to certain posters for the last year, I can’t help you with that either
Again I am not talking about past posts, I was mentioning that there were none in this thread which is what I thought you made reference to

TheCritic

Reaction score
Lots of things can be true at the same time...
Did Lance do anything today to prove that he is worthy of being an NFL QB? Nope.
Is it time to pull the plug on Lance? Nope.
I think the Cowboys need to play this out over this preseason. They need to see progress and improvement over these next 2 preseason games. That's what I'm looking for out of Lance and nothing more.
What he did or didn't do in college or SF is completely irrelevant, IMO. It's all about right now. These next 2 games. That's all that matters.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Did Lance do anything today to prove that he is worthy of being an NFL QB? Nope.
I think the Cowboys need to play this out over this preseason. They need to see progress and improvement over these next 2 preseason games. That's what I'm looking for out of Lance and nothing more.
What he did or didn't do in college or SF is completely irrelevant, IMO. It's all about right now. These next 2 games. That's all that matters.
Fake Cowboys fans expected him to be All-Pro today, with no regard otherwise. He may indeed stink, but I will not write him off after just 1 game

baltcowboy

Reaction score
There seems to be nothing special about Lance. Good athlete but he was drafted to be in the Lamar/Fields class. Just one game. We will see more next week.

mcmvp

Reaction score
Fake Cowboys fans expected him to be All-Pro today, with no regard otherwise. He may indeed stink, but I will not write him off after just 1 game
Write him off as what? A potential starter or potential backup?

Because it’s been more that 1 game. He’s had professional coaches, some of the very best, at his disposal for the last 3 years

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He's a hell of alot more accurate than Prescott....that's for sure. And you don't get the panick pick 6s. I would have no problem riding with this kid....knowing he has upside compared to knowing #4 is damaged goods....and he is what he is.
Gold! Pure Gold!

Cowboy4evr

Reaction score
He's a hell of alot more accurate than Prescott....that's for sure. And you don't get the panick pick 6s. I would have no problem riding with this kid....knowing he has upside compared to knowing #4 is damaged goods....and he is what he is.
LOL.....This forum would explode if Lance was leading the team. Nobody here wants to hear about the 12 season wins, but how about a 4 season win??? or a 5, 6 or 7 season win???
winning is fun, we do not have to go to the super bowl to enjoy the season! Would it be great??? Of course! Quaterbacks like Mahomes, and teams like the Chiefs are few and far between. Just enjoy the ride!

movaughn88

Reaction score
Once again, you idiots are comparing him to one of the best QBs in the league, so GET USED TO THIS

Big Edit: Dak is a top 10 QB who is ON THE ROSTER

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He’s 24 and has played very little football.
He looks like he has a long ways to go. I believe this is the last year of his contract. They’ll have to extend him to keep him. Unless he shows improvement soon, he could be gone.

rocknrobcowboy

Reaction score
Granted he wasn't playing with top talent, but he wasn't facing top talent either.

He didn't do enough, and a lot of his placement with open receivers was a bit off.

Plus, he can't even throw a simple fade to a wide open receiver in the end zone. That 4th down miss was awful.

Lance is literally on the chopping block.
Lance
25-41, 188 Yds 0 Ints...C'Mon Man..Work In Progress

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Write him off as what? A potential starter or potential backup?

Because it’s been more that 1 game. He’s had professional coaches, some of the very best, at his disposal for the last 3 years
MM does not classify as a phenom in terms of coaching, and with all the work the Cowboys claim they are putting in with him how effective was Shanahan in his development if we are trying to get back to basics with the guy? You talk like the guy has played in as a regular since 2021 which is hardly the case, and what's evident is that the Cowboys are starting over with him. I will tell you this, when Jordan Love was drafted GB was chastised by the media, and everybody who wanted to listen. Am I saying Trey is going to be Love? Of course, not, but Trey is a project right now...nothing more, nothing less

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
You have to see the little things....his timing was spot on. Decision making....knew where to go with the football. Has the X factor with the legs....that Prescott no longer possesses. You can account for the high throws because the Oline was breaking down...had guys in his face. For his first time out....all I see is positives. Kept his eyes down field....after being rushed. Didn't see phantom rushers after being chased all day. Good pocket awareness....strong arm....had some zip on his passes....unlike Prescott who has to use his entire body to get zip on the ball. This kid has natural zip that can't be taught. If people can't see the upside on here.....that's on them. I just know I wouldn't be giving #4 the largest contract for a QB in NFL history. He doesn't deserve it. And the entire league hopes Jerry is just that dumb enough to do it. It's all being fueled by the media.

dckid

Reaction score
Granted he wasn't playing with top talent, but he wasn't facing top talent either.

He didn't do enough, and a lot of his placement with open receivers was a bit off.

Plus, he can't even throw a simple fade to a wide open receiver in the end zone. That 4th down miss was awful.

Lance is literally on the chopping block.
We knew he was terrible even before the trade.
Did we think Shanahan is stupid? He watched him practice every day for two years, he cannot play. I was hoping we traded for Fields as he provides some levarage against Dak.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You have to see the little things....his timing was spot on. Decision making....knew where to go with the football. Has the X factor with the legs....that Prescott no longer possesses. You can account for the high throws because the Oline was breaking down...had guys in his face. For his first time out....all I see is positives. Kept his eyes down field....after being rushed. Didn't see phantom rushers after being chased all day. Good pocket awareness....strong arm....had some zip on his passes....unlike Prescott who has to use his entire body to get zip on the ball. This kid has natural zip that can't be taught. If people can't see the upside on here.....that's on them. I just know I wouldn't be giving #4 the largest contract for a QB in NFL history. He doesn't deserve it. And the entire league hopes Jerry is just that dumb enough to do it. It's all being fueled by the media.
Same things you said about QB Kellen Moore.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
not talking about past posts, talking about this one. Yes in the past there were tons....but I am guessing what people meant is if Dak walked, Lance would take over and at this stage if Dalk walks, who else do we have that's better? That is a scary thought
Yes, it is. What's worse. Dak knows it and is taking full advantage, thus his super greediness.