Lance was very disappointing

mcmvp

Reaction score
MM does not classify as a phenom in terms of coaching, and with all the work the Cowboys claim they are putting in with him how effective was Shanahan in his development if we are trying to get back to basics with the guy? You talk like the guy has played in as a regular since 2021 which is hardly the case, and what's evident is that the Cowboys are starting over with him. I will tell you this, when Jordan Love was drafted GB was chastised by the media, and everybody who wanted to listen. Am I saying Trey is going to be Love? Of course, not, but Trey is a project right now...nothing more, nothing less
Thank you for proving my point.

Or could you possibly be suggesting that he did not get adequate coaching under Shanahan? Because if that’s what you are suggesting, I can’t continue this conversation without pulling the hair out of my head in frustration. So if that’s where you’re taking this, we can just agree to disagree

NumOneQB

Reaction score
I’m sticking by my prediction that he’ll be a camp casualty. Cut at the end of the preseason.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I see why they traded him.

I think he'd be a decent backup in Philly, where the offense suits his strengths. But this guy is not a drop back passer.
Did you see the eagles-Ravens game? Both Philly QBs looked as bad as Lance today. Grier will probably get a look in their next game.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Amazing how some fans are more than willing to go with someone like Lance who most likely can’t even whoop up on the bad teams and are acceptable of not being a playoff team .

We are what we are with Prescott but at least we are in the playoffs with an opportunity to choke .

I’m all for drafting a heir apparent and developing him. Until we do I don’t see any other QB on our roster who’s taking us to the playoffs

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Same things you said about QB Kellen Moore.
And yet.....look who's in the Dallas record book....for most yards passing in a game for a rookie.

Can't help this franchise is ran by a bunch of morons.

Literally in his 3rd start....he's re-writing the Dallas record book.

What could have been had he had some blocking

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Thank you for proving my point.

Or could you possibly be suggesting that he did not get adequate coaching under Shanahan? Because if that’s what you are suggesting, I can’t continue this conversation without pulling the hair out of my head in frustration. So if that’s where you’re taking this, we can just agree to disagree
He did not, otherwise, MM wouldn't have to rework Trey's entire game. If Trey came here purely Raw, how much effort did the 9ers put in? Yes, they cut bait so it's fair to say the kid came here green, raw, not ready, etc. Thus, there is/was no reason to excpet anything more than we got out of him tonight

GINeric

Reaction score
This. Hard to know what he is when he’s either running for his life or his receivers are dropping half the balls

The problem is, some here hold all of our quarterbacks accountable for everything offense. They, for some reason don't understand that a quarterback need good offensive line play, a good running game, good pass protection and good receivers to do their jobs.

How can a quarterback effectively perform when any of those offensive elements are off?

NumOneQB

Reaction score
MM does not classify as a phenom in terms of coaching, and with all the work the Cowboys claim they are putting in with him how effective was Shanahan in his development if we are trying to get back to basics with the guy? You talk like the guy has played in as a regular since 2021 which is hardly the case, and what's evident is that the Cowboys are starting over with him. I will tell you this, when Jordan Love was drafted GB was chastised by the media, and everybody who wanted to listen. Am I saying Trey is going to be Love? Of course, not, but Trey is a project right now...nothing more, nothing less
I was at the New Mexico Bowl and saw Jordan Love’s last game when USU played my Alma mater North Texas. The dude was legite and could make every throw. Didn’t expect him to be a first round pick but he was a pretty good QB even then. Lance shows none of that. Yeah, he’s got elite athletic ability for a QB, but what does that get you in the NFL? It gets you on the IR.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
LOL.....This forum would explode if Lance was leading the team. Nobody here wants to hear about the 12 season wins, but how about a 4 season win??? or a 5, 6 or 7 season win???
winning is fun, we do not have to go to the super bowl to enjoy the season! Would it be great??? Of course! Quaterbacks like Mahomes, and teams like the Chiefs are few and far between. Just enjoy the ride!
Winning is not fun when you know you are going to be letdown in the playoffs.

At least the 4 seasons will net us blue chip players for the cheap instead of having to rely on the likes of Mazi Smith and Taco Charlton to anchor our run defense.

Our biggest nemesis in the NFC was built by getting high draft pick after high draft pick

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
It’s weird that people are so upset, negative, pissed, etc., at Lance (outside of Chasing6 who must be mad because “Trance” stole his girlfriend or something, or he’s in love with Dak). This is his sixth NFL game and effectively 2nd year in the league (after being injured for almost two seasons). He’s playing with backups, just doing what is asked of him and trying to get better.

GINeric

Reaction score
You have to see the little things....his timing was spot on. Decision making....knew where to go with the football. Has the X factor with the legs....that Prescott no longer possesses. You can account for the high throws because the Oline was breaking down...had guys in his face. For his first time out....all I see is positives. Kept his eyes down field....after being rushed. Didn't see phantom rushers after being chased all day. Good pocket awareness....strong arm....had some zip on his passes....unlike Prescott who has to use his entire body to get zip on the ball. This kid has natural zip that can't be taught. If people can't see the upside on here.....that's on them. I just know I wouldn't be giving #4 the largest contract for a QB in NFL history. He doesn't deserve it. And the entire league hopes Jerry is just that dumb enough to do it. It's all being fueled by the media.

Okay so you said Dak doesn't deserve that type of contract.... other than Mahomes and maybe Burrows, name me the other quarterbacks who are getting paid max dollars and are truly earning their contracts.....

Herbert just got maxed out and haven't even won a playoff game yet.

So who's deserving of their max dollars other than Mahomes? If everyone else gets paid max dollars than Dak should as well. People are stuck on that "highest paid at his position" stuff. That's just how the market works.

Dak will probably be the highest paid quarterback, then it will be someone after that, then someone after that and so on....

Cowboy4evr

Reaction score
LOL, the Horsemen never fails.
Try living thru a 4 win season!
Winning is not fun when you know you are going to be letdown in the playoffs.

At least the 4 seasons will net us blue chip players for the cheap instead of having to rely on the likes of Mazi Smith and Taco Charlton to anchor our run defense.

Our biggest nemesis in the NFC was built by getting high draft pick after high draft pick
Winning is not fun??? Dude get a grip on life. Not everybody gets a trophy.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Try living thru a 4 win season!

Winning is not fun??? Dude get a grip on life. Not everybody gets a trophy.
Nobody, besides the biggest homers, would admit that another season like last year with the same ending is fun.

Nobody.

We survived the season when Dak broke his ankle and we ended up w Micah. We survived the season when Tony broke his collarbone twice and we ended up with Zeke.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
His athleticism jumps off the screen. I can see some of the flashes the Niners must've seen to trade the farm away for him.

He definitely needs work on his passing skills, for sure, but would like to see him in the next couple preseason games. If he could find some touch on his passes, he could be solid.

The kid needs some real game time experience.

jwitten82

Reaction score
His athleticism jumps off the screen. I can see some of the flashes the Niners must've seen to trade the farm away for him.

He definitely needs work on his passing skills, for sure, but would like to see him in the next couple preseason games. If he could find some touch on his passes, he could be solid.

The kid needs some real game time experience.
He's been apart of 4 nfl training camps already, no way he should look this incompetent

CowboysRule

Reaction score
He had the problem in the practice squad last year, he’s had it all TC, and now in PS1. He’s not correcting it .
You don't know that. You're just hoping to say words and no one will call you on it.