Lance was very disappointing

Chasing6

Reaction score
Well if they don't pay Dak that's cool. But if we go by "the bigger the game, the smaller they play" we can't pay CD, Micah, the entire defensive line and a few other people. This isn't boxing, golf or tennis.

They loss those game because of team and that includes Dak.

Quarterbacks don't just grow on trees. I would be all for letting Dak go if we had a clear cut solution, but we don't.

People can say what they want about Dak and most of it I do understand.... but Dak has been a top 10 quarterback his whole career, last season he became an All-Pro and a MVP candidate WITHOUT a functioning running game. That's not bad for a quarterback who isn't elite.

With that said, name other top 10 quarterbacks in history who were let go by their teams after being an All-Pro and a MVP candidate.

I can't think of any team that let go of a pretty good quarterback in their early 30s, who became All-Pro and was in the MVP race, can you?
The funny part is if we won a SB next year, these same DDS fans would then immediately say Dak is elite.

stinkface

Reaction score
I thought he played fair. Accuracy was sub par overall but the certainly had a few good throws. He didn't force the ball that I saw and yes he has good feet. Stetson B. threw really 5 picks and looked pretty bad for a fellow who played at a high level in college and played a ton. He wasn't going against a great secondary and he still threw a pile of picks. Stetson has played in more games then Lance has played by far and still looked bad. BTW, our O line was trash yesterday. We got beat by both power and speed. I'd play out the rest of the pre-season and see what we have, but freely admit it ain't looking good.

GINeric

Reaction score
If your team isn't good enough to win a championship, why pay any QB 60M a year? Just pay an ok to average QB a fraction of the cost and maybe get a 6th or 7th seed.

Ok, that's cool. But again, the quarterback isn't the MAIN problem with our team. Our main problem with the team is the trenches.

If we bring in an "ok to average" quarterback, he's not going to be able win many games without a running game to assist him. He's going to also need a good defensive line on the other side of the ball who can actually stop the run, unlike ours.

Dak was able to become an All-Pro and MVP candidate without a running game, but an "ok to average" quarterback won't be able to do nothing near that.

With all of that said, how many ok to average quarterbacks are leading their team to multiple 12 win seasons? Dak doesn't have a losing season on his resume. So replace Dak with an average quarterback and expect better results?

I'm not feeling that.... You're saying that we can bring in more pieces but, what guarantees do you have that those pieces will actually workout? That happens, now you're expecting your "ok to average quarterback" to produce??

That sounds like an instant 3 or 4 win season waiting to happen.

stiletto

Reaction score
The kid played very well today.
That's a little overboard. I'd say he was very rusty and erratic, trigger shy and not really sure what he was looking at out there. Clearly hadn't played real football in awhile and that's fine if he shows improvement the next two games.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Really depends on what they do with Dak.

He is athletic, but that does not make him a QB.

He desperately needs playing time in an attempt to develop him. He is not going to earn or win a starting job. How and who is going to give him playing time, when he has not earned it???

If we let Dak walk and are in rebuild mode, then you could give him a year regardless of results to play and hope he shows something. If not you have a high draft pick for a new QB.

Best option is to follow the Parcells philosophy of drafting QB's, which you would have thinked, GM Jethro would have learned.

But then again what did Jerry learn from Jimmy?

Jerry thinks he knows better than anyone.