Lance was very disappointing

Chasing6

Reaction score
So it's everybody else at fault bit not Lance.
Trance has been a victim his entire life.

He should have started as a Freshman in HS, but it did not happen until his Senior year. Even then his Head Coach held him back thinking he was more of a runner than an actual QB.

When he went to College Camps listed as a QB, he was only consistently reclassified as an athlete for some strange reason and did not receive 1 QB scholarship.

Then Covid hit after his 1 year of success in college. He just has bad luck. So bad that he gets drafted 3rd over all. If he did not have such bad luck maybe he would have been drafted number 1 overall. Right?

Then he has to sit to learn, because of his lack of playing experience. However it was determined that sitting was not going to help him get playing experience, who would have known that? Then he is forced to play and he gets hurt, who would have thought running QB's get hurt?

Then he gets traded to a team that already has a Top 10 QB. Is that bad luck or just GM Jethro? What GM would think he would not get any playing time with a top 10 QB already on the roster?

Then he gets an opportunity to play in preseason only to have more bad luck again, because he has to play with the 2's and 3's against 2's and 3's.

When is this poor young kid with Phenomenal athletic ability going to catch a break?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
What if he gets better the next 2 games? Would you be for us keeping him to continue to develop at a reasonable price?
Price? Really? If he is decent then he is going to get what? About 35 M. You think 20M is the difference between a championship and what we are today? Because for all intent and purposes Lance is average and needs a lot of support around him.

And BTW Lance is a FA next year. Jerry believed in him so much he didn't pick up his 25M option for 2025....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Trance has been a victim his entire life.

He should have started as a Freshman in HS, but it did not happen until his Senior year. Even then his Head Coach held him back thinking he was more of a runner than an actual QB.

When he went to College Camps listed as a QB, he was only consistently reclassified as an athlete for some strange reason and did not receive 1 QB scholarship.

Then Covid hit after his 1 year of success in college. He just has bad luck. So bad that he gets drafted 3rd over all. If he did not have such bad luck maybe he would have been drafted number 1 overall. Right?

Then he has to sit to learn, because of his lack of playing experience. However it was determined that sitting was not going to help him get playing experience, who would have known that? Then he is forced to play and he gets hurt, who would have thought running QB's get hurt?

Then he gets traded to a team that already has a Top 10 QB. Is that bad luck or just GM Jethro? What GM would think he would not get any playing time with a top 10 QB already on the roster?

Then he gets an opportunity to play in preseason only to have more bad luck again, because he has to play with the 2's and 3's against 2's and 3's.

When is this poor young kid with Phenomenal athletic ability going to catch a break?
Poor poor Lance 10 years of being a victim that turned him into a less than average QB...

This ain't charity...victim or no.victim he sucks

Flamma

Reaction score
If Dak needs replacing, it isn't going to be by Lance. Lance may play in 2025, but only to get a top 5 pick in 2026 to put them in a better position to draft a QB.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Cooper is going to lose his QB2 job to Lance.

Not sure when, but it will happen.

Rush can’t make the plays that Lance can.
What difference does it make if they’re never going to get on the field in regular season games? Jerry Jones isn’t confident in Prescott. He sure as hell is not confident in Lance and Rush. All three have something in common. Jerry has not signed any of them past this season. We may not know who will be the Cowboys’ starting quarterback in 2025, but we know it’s not going to be any of the three on the roster now.

Stop with the Lance worship. It’s disingenuous and reached the silly stage.

Chasing6

Reaction score
If Dak needs replacing, it isn't going to be by Lance. Lance may play in 2025, but only to get a top 5 pick in 2026 to put them in a better position to draft a QB.
Keep in mind a 1st - a wasted 4th.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
With this performance Daks price went up a bit
Yikes, that's a possibility.
I'll be hoping Lance manages to throw something other than dump passes in the games to come.

His reluctance to go downfield is depressing. At some point, he'll be obliged to open up his game.

The fact that his receivers dropped some balls that may have helped his cause didn't help, either.
True, but on the other hand his receivers made a few catches that made him look better than he was, if memory serves a couple of those were circus catches.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Cooper is going to lose his QB2 job to Lance.

Not sure when, but it will happen.

Rush can’t make the plays that Lance can.
There isn’t anything that’s been going on in training camp or in today’s game that points to that happening. Some of you want Lance to be the backup even if he sucks. Rush looked better in the one series he had than Lance did the entire game. Some of you need to come to grips with the fact that Lance isn’t very good. We’re seeing what San Francisco saw that made them get rid of him after only two seasons.

plymkr

Reaction score
Lance is one of my pet cats and I was rooting for him. But yeah he wasn’t good. I watched the preseason games he played for the 49ers last season before the trade and he looked better today than he did last year at this time. But still disappointing.

I’ll start with good:
1. Can get out the pocket and make things happen, can extend plays that extend drives.
2. No TOs

Now I’ll go with the bad, which unbiasedly is everything else:
1. Poor accuracy
2. Throws too high, every receiver had to jump, turnaround or stop to catch. I think maybe one pass was caught in stride. Maybe one
3. Struggles reading defenses, takes him an extra second.

Based on today he’s not a #2 QB IMO. Definitely not a #1. If Dak were to leave we’d have to draft someone or bring someone else in to be #1 and #2. I would love to keep Lance as the #3 after this year if he were to accept a 3rd string contract. I’d like to see what he could do with more development. If he wouldn’t accept that then let him walk after 24 because anything over vet minimum or close to vet minimum would be a waste of resources for a 3rd stringer. He’s not even close to Rush.

That sucks but we’ll see how he does the next 2 games but I’m not holding out too much hope.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Lance is one of my pet cats and I was rooting for him. But yeah he wasn’t good. I watched the preseason games he played for the 49ers last season before the trade and he looked better today than he did last year at this time. But still disappointing.

I’ll start with good:
1. Can get out the pocket and make things happen, can extend plays that extend drives.
2. No TOs

1. Poor accuracy
2. Throws too high, every receiver had to jump, turnaround or stop to catch. I think maybe one pass was caught in stride. Maybe one

Based on today he’s not a #2 QB IMO. Definitely not a #1. If Dak were to leave we’d have to draft someone or bring someone else in to be #1 and #2. I would love to keep Lance as the #3 after this year if he were to accept a 3rd string contract. I’d like to see what he could do with more development. If he wouldn’t accept that then let him walk after 24 because anything over vet minimum or close to vet minimum would be a waste of resources for a 3rd stringer. He’s not even close to Rush.

That sucks but we’ll see how he does the next 2 games but I’m not holding out too much hope.
I bet Turbin can get out of the pocket as well. Not converting on 4th down is considered a turnover.

Rush needs to be signed in the immediate future. Regardless if Dak stays or not, you need a legit back QB to help a young QB.

Chasing6

Reaction score

I’ll start with good:
2. No TOs

1. Poor accuracy

Trance would be crazy to not accept a vet minimum contract next year based off of his performance.

If he wanted to bet on himself he would refuse it and go start in the UFL and get some experience that he desperately needs.

coult44

Reaction score
no way in heck. McVey will be making phone calls when cuts go down to find a better back up. Hès destined for the PS.
I was listening to him talk live during the 15/20 mins of the game. He likes the kid a lot

RonWashington

Reaction score
On the bright side loved the bomb Rush & Brooks connected on . I think Dallas has to get both Tolbert & Brooks involved in the passing game this season . Add Ferguson maybe Stephens in as TE and you cannot say Dak lacks Targets .

For Lances first extensive action in what 2 yrs he wasn’t horrible . Throwing to receivers who are not making the team for the most part and a horrible running attack once Dowdle left .

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Trey Lance is not a raw rook. He is into his 4th NFL season. This was NOT his first preseason game to play in. Indeed he even has 4 NFL starts at SF. He looked awful raw for a player that has had that much experience. If he does not improve on today's performance very quickly he is about at the end of his NFL rope.
I tried to tell everybody, Shanny watched this dude in practice every single day for 2 1/2 yrs and decided a day 3 pick and a pack of Doritos was more valuable.

If Shanny, who is one of if not the best offensive mind in the league, thinks you suck, then there is a very strong chance that you do indeed suck.

Did you guys actually think the 49ers were going to just give us a franchise QB, like seriously?