Lance was very disappointing

HabsCowboysOwn

Reaction score
Just blow up this mess already, start rebuilding. Let the bag chasing phony go. Bite the bullet and tank for 5 years, more if needed. Trade the valuable players that don't fit the timeline, rack up top picks and draft an actual franchise QB then surround him with quality players. Keep some vets around your young guys if possible. Hire a real coach and let him do his job. If it doesn't work try again.

Welcome to 2024 pro sports where most teams have to go through that process at some point since it's the best way to build a contender whether the ''middle of the pack team with no playoff success is good enough for me'' crowd likes it or not.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Bottom line..............if you want us to move on from Dak, you have to come up with a better alternative than that scrub we watched last night.

How the hell do you throw the ball 41 times and barely have more than 180 yds, that is like 4 yds an attempto_O

I would pay Dak $60 before I would take 17 games of that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Just blow up this mess already, start rebuilding. Let the bag chasing phony go. Bite the bullet and tank for 5 years, more if needed. Trade the valuable players that don't fit the timeline, rack up top picks and draft an actual franchise QB then surround him with quality players. Keep some vets around your young guys if possible. Hire a real coach and let him do his job. If it doesn't work try again.

Welcome to 2024 pro sports where most teams have to go through that process at some point since it's the best way to build a contender whether the ''middle of the pack team with no playoff success is good enough for me'' crowd likes it or not.
If you want to tank for years and years upon end, its not us fans you have to convince, its Jerry.

I'm cool with tanking, but Jerry might think tanking will hurt his PSL renewals and merchandise sales.

Just saying.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Never trust an All-Jerry QB Project. 49ers went to the table trying to figure out which sucker they could unload their QB Bomb Pick on and someone mentioned that sucker who runs the Cowboys.

Lance sure can scramble though. LOL. Wish Dak still had that speed. But yeah, ask him to find an open man or read a defense and doesn’t look much different than his 49ers days. Cooper’s job is safe.

NotForLong

Reaction score
39-50 454 yards 5 TD passes 2 rushing touchdowns.

That’s Daks preseason stat line from 2016.

These 2 guys aren’t comparable and never were.

If anyone is expecting Lance to start they are either delusional or just hate Dak so much they don’t care who starts as long as it isn’t him.
Yeah 2016. What an amazing team and OLine

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Who is panicing?

Dak's fans are sleeping like a baby tonight because there aint no chance in hell this scrub is beating out Dak anytime in like the next decade.
They should have been all along. Anyone who watched him play with San Francisco knew dude was clueless. You have Quincy Carter at BEST with Lance’s development. The amount of people wanting to start him over Dak was laughable.

NotForLong

Reaction score
You watched them drop 5 yard passes? Did you see the WR's catch balls behind them and over their heads as well? Or those don't count?
If it hits them in the hands they should catch it . . . Right? Isn't that what Dark fans say? I am sure you have said this countless times

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So how many years does he need? It has been 4. He is still working on footwork and throwing motions. When is he going to graduate to reading a defense???
You keep spouting the same nonsense. No one is saying that he is Tom Brady, but he can be serviceable if given PLAYING TIME. The number of years that Dak has been given to prove he can win a NFC championship is going on nine years, and he has plenty experience. When is he going to show a glimpse of playoff poise?

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This thread is proof that some people really did think Lance may be the savior and have some sort of career resurrection. Like really believed it. They literally ignored his past, where he was, and who already said ‘no thanks’ to his services.
No, what it proves is the "Dak for President" fans, can now breathe due to his showing in a preseason game. Why so aggressive? The GM makes sure that there's no QB competition within camp on a yearly basis.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Granted he wasn't playing with top talent, but he wasn't facing top talent either.

He didn't do enough, and a lot of his placement with open receivers was a bit off.

Plus, he can't even throw a simple fade to a wide open receiver in the end zone. That 4th down miss was awful.

Lance is literally on the chopping block.
A simple fade aye?
Interesting.
This kid has no business in the pocket. if they're gonna do that, they may as well cut him now.

JBS

Reaction score
And I will ask you again.

What is your plan when you jettison Dak?

You have some real studs on this team - Micah, CeeDee, and it looks like some on the offensive line. When you dump Dak, without a legitimate answer to replace him, in my opinion, you immediately begin the massive rebuild. And what message does that send to those guys who are clearly the tops at their positions? Just hang around and lose until we can find this QB?

The mantra of just fire Dak never seems to answer the question, what then?

Let's talk football and drop the rhetoric for a change. What is your solution?

One last point. All the QB's for other teams that are heralded here at The Zone, what are their records in the Super Bowl? Other than Mahomes, who is the stud that has delivered? So while the lust fest of other QB's goes on here, doesn't seem there is a real long list of sure bets other than Mahomes.

Your turn.
The plan is to suck and find another qb. Why is that so hard to understand? There are no guarantees in life. Accept it and move on. It’s quite simple. You think all these teams that drafted elite qbs knew for a fact their qb would be elite? Of course not. Let’s try and use common sense here.

CWR

Reaction score
You people have been saying this for the last 4 years. Stop already
And for four years they've had no answer. That's the problem. If we were serious about moving on we'd have someone on the roster.

CWR

Reaction score
The plan is to suck and find another qb. Why is that so hard to understand? There are no guarantees in life. Accept it and move on. It’s quite simple. You think all these teams that drafted elite qbs knew for a fact their qb would be elite? Of course not. Let’s try and use common sense here.
I'd be ok with that if they'd flip some of our higher end assets and stock pile. Our FO hasn't done that, and probably won't.

JBS

Reaction score
I'd be ok with that if they'd flip some of our higher end assets and stock pile. Our FO hasn't done that, and probably won't.
probably won’t. I’m also not convinced they will be all in on tanking. Halfway tank doesn’t work. That I agree with.