Lance was very disappointing

csirl

Reaction score
Lance playing poorly doesnt mean Dak is great or deserves 60m a year. It may be that we've no good QB in camp.

The saying "fail to prepare....prepare to fail" comes to mind. Dallas doesnt invest draft capital in the most important position, doesnt invest in developing QBs, doesnt keep veteran QB options on the roster. We do nothing.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And I will ask you again.

What is your plan when you jettison Dak?

You have some real studs on this team - Micah, CeeDee, and it looks like some on the offensive line. When you dump Dak, without a legitimate answer to replace him, in my opinion, you immediately begin the massive rebuild. And what message does that send to those guys who are clearly the tops at their positions? Just hang around and lose until we can find this QB?

The mantra of just fire Dak never seems to answer the question, what then?

Let's talk football and drop the rhetoric for a change. What is your solution?

One last point. All the QB's for other teams that are heralded here at The Zone, what are their records in the Super Bowl? Other than Mahomes, who is the stud that has delivered? So while the lust fest of other QB's goes on here, doesn't seem there is a real long list of sure bets other than Mahomes.

Your turn.
My turn for what supporting paying mediocrity over 50 million a year?
A QB who can only perform if carried and against sub .500 teams
A QB who wets the bet against real teams and esp in the playoff when the Deer in the Headlights comes out for all to see including his teammates..........right Mr. CD?
You go QB shopping like the rest of the NFL does and sooner or later you hit but keeping the status queue is insanity at its finest!

phildadon86

Reaction score
The fans that say he is terrible and not even qb2 quality arent worth paying attention to.

First game in this offense, with a bad OL. Do we not remember how Dak looked in this same offense the first 5 games of last season??

I understand the ball placement critique. Thats my biggest issue with him right now
Do you remember Daks first game ever? Do you remember many other QBs first games?

Lance sat and “learned” this offense for a freaking year. And looked like that. You need to be critical and not just give him a pass for all of it. I want to move on from Dak. But Lance ain’t the one to replace him. At this point he can’t even replace Rush.

The trade makes even less sense now to be honest. Because playing him in the preseason if it’s more of the same is just going to tank whatever value he currently has. Which ain’t much.

Just my two cents.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Lance playing poorly doesnt mean Dak is great or deserves 60m a year. It may be that we've no good QB in camp.

The saying "fail to prepare....prepare to fail" comes to mind. Dallas doesnt invest draft capital in the most important position, doesnt invest in developing QBs, doesnt keep veteran QB options on the roster. We do nothing.
Too busy drafting tight ends we don’t need in the second round.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Exactly, somebody on this freaking board finally gets it !!!

You dont let an MVP runner up just walk out the door if you got absolutely no replacement.

The Packers let go of Favre, AFTER they had Rogers on the team.
The Packers let go of Rogers, AFTER they had Love on the team.
The Cheifs let go of Alex Smith, AFTER They had Mahommes on the team.
The Cowboys let go of Romo, AFTER They had Dak on the team.

Somebody name me one team that let an MVP runner up walk out the door and there was absolutely no replacement on the roster, just give me one example of this happening.
Yes, Rogers, Love, and Mahomes are comparable to Daktrash?
Send me what you're smoking bud..........Thanks

DuncanIso

Reaction score
The ones that can get rid of the ball and don't bail out everytime are the keepers. Romo, Purdy both have/had that instinct and Lance sadly does not. Man this sucks cause I can't stand Dak but Lance is not the replacement. DAM!
Lance had some very good grades.

Not sure what you were looking for.

Many of us liked what we saw. Even the Rams HC gave him a shout out.

Lance needs more work with the 1s.

cristglo

Reaction score
potential is meaningless if you are slow with reads and inaccurate.
Agree He was very slow with his reads and when he did throw it was horrible Not just on the WR or OL
He didnt get it with a good QB coach in SF and in two years here he still doesn't have it. Raw has nothing really to do with it Is he worth the millions we are paying him???

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
The ones that can get rid of the ball and don't bail out everytime are the keepers. Romo, Purdy both have/had that instinct and Lance sadly does not. Man this sucks cause I can't stand Dak but Lance is not the replacement. DAM!
You think Dak is all of a sudden going to accept less money because Lance didn’t play lights out in a preseason game? lol

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
You think Dak is all of a sudden going to accept less money because Lance didn’t play lights out in a preseason game? lol
His price probably went up. lol

I don't know why people are so shocked. Lance was never going to replace Dak. Only in Jerry's mind. It doesn't mean we shouldn't move on from him otherwise it's going to be more of the same and it probably will be worse. Just keep thinking of those deer in the headlight looks he gets in big games. We have no shot of winning anything with Dak.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

You have some real studs on this team - Micah, CeeDee, and it looks like some on the offensive line. When you dump Dak, without a legitimate answer to replace him, in my opinion, you immediately begin the massive rebuild. And what message does that send to those guys who are clearly the tops at their positions? Just hang around and lose until we can find this QB?

One last point. All the QB's for other teams that are heralded here at The Zone, what are their records in the Super Bowl? Other than Mahomes, who is the stud that has delivered? So while the lust fest of other QB's goes on here, doesn't seem there is a real long list of sure bets other than Mahomes.

Your turn.
So you go get another QB. Lots of teams do it. I(t's not that hard to figure out.

Would be automatically unconditionally better? Who knows.

But you don't NOT do it out of fear.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score

Your turn.
Why are you so scared to move on from a bonafide loser?

EGTuna

Reaction score
Jerry wants to cut corners to get a playoff caliber QB1 because he luck-boxed his way into Romo and Dak. It’s not going to happen again.

He should have traded or extended Dak before the draft, but he was too busy formulating his legal strategy to sue his own kid for $1.6m.

I DO NOT trust Jerry and Stephen to have a post Dak plan.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score

Your turn.
Stop being scared of moving on from Dak. It's going to happen eventually

jwitten82

Reaction score
If the 49ers coaches couldn't straighten him out there is no way the bozos in Dallas can......
Exactly! Ive been saying this too, Lance had 3 training camps with one of the youngest and brightest offensive minds in the game and yet they gave up on him. MM is also considered a qb guru, and this is the performance we get in his 4th season

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
This may surprise some but I would still sign him to a backup deal 2-3 years. Some of his issues are mechanical and confidence. I'm not convinced He's a big kid with good mobility. In other words, I'm not ready to give up on him as a backup.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
If this team decides to keep Lance over Rush, it would be a big mistake. Rush has his athletic limitations, but he knows how to play the position.