Lance was very disappointing

Chasing6

Reaction score
I tried to tell everybody, Shanny watched this dude in practice every single day for 2 1/2 yrs and decided a day 3 pick and a pack of Doritos was more valuable.

If Shanny, who is one of if not the best offensive mind in the league, thinks you suck, then there is a very strong chance that you do indeed suck.

Did you guys actually think the 49ers were going to just give us a franchise QB, like seriously?
GM Jethro did.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Jerry wants to cut corners to get a playoff caliber QB1 because he luck-boxed his way into Romo and Dak. It’s not going to happen again.

He should have traded or extended Dak before the draft, but he was too busy formulating his legal strategy to sue his own kid for $1.6m.

I DO NOT trust Jerry and Stephen to have a post Dak plan.
Jerry did not luck his way into Romo. In fact, he had nothing to do with it. Romo was a Bill Parcells’ coaching tree prospect (via Sean Payton).

Dak was a 4th round pick no one thought would amount to more than just a backup.

Jerry (and by extension the organization) never has really had a plan to develop a young QB. So, he finally takes a winger on his organization’s high 2nd round rated prospect for peanuts, who is raw to develop and see what he has, and the Dak homers are up in arms because they see him as a threat to his next unwarranted second mega million dollar contract, criticizing every little detail about him.

I saw a QB who was raw, inaccurate in some cases, and a bit hesitant to release the ball, who made some good plays with his feet and connected well on many of his passes. I did not see a young QB who was afraid the game was too big for him, nor someone who did not go through his progressions.

Last edited:

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Do you remember Daks first game ever? Do you remember many other QBs first games?

Lance sat and “learned” this offense for a freaking year. And looked like that. You need to be critical and not just give him a pass for all of it. I want to move on from Dak. But Lance ain’t the one to replace him. At this point he can’t even replace Rush.

The trade makes even less sense now to be honest. Because playing him in the preseason if it’s more of the same is just going to tank whatever value he currently has. Which ain’t much.

Just my two cents.
Do you remember in Daks first game ever, he played with the 1s and not Matt Waletzko, Josh Ball, and Racey McMath?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry did not luck his way into Romo. In fact, he had nothing to do with it. Romo was a Bill Parcells’ coaching tree prospect (via Sean Payton).

Dak was a 4th round pick no one thought would amount to more than just a backup.

Jerry (and by extension the organization) never has really had a plan to develop a young QB. So, he finally takes a winger on his organization’s high 2nd round rated prospect for peanuts, who is raw to develop and see what he has, and the Dak homers are up in arms because they see him as a threat to his next unwarranted second mega million dollar contract, criticizing every little detail about him.

I saw a QB who was raw, inaccurate in some cases, and a bit hesitant to release the ball, who made some good plays with his feet and connected well on many of his passes. I did not see a young QB who was afraid the game was too big for him, nor someone who did not go through his progressions.
Jerry has never..ever...taken qb position seriously.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Did you watch the rest of the team against Green Bay as well? I find it hilarious that the others on the team who didn't show up in that game get conveniently left out of the conversation of that loss.
Yea I did. Him carving up GBs soft prevent defense excited you?

Chasing6

Reaction score
How many years of college and NFL playing time does Grier have in comparison?
Will Grier has more experience than Trance just playing in HS. He threw for over 14,000 yards and 195 TD's, while running for another almost 3,000 yards. That sounds a lot more like a Phenom to me.

He then threw for 8,500 yards and 81 TD's in 28 games in college.

You don't become an NFL QB playing 1 year in college. If it was that easy, the NFL would be drafting athletes from all sports and teaching how to become a QB.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Do you remember in Daks first game ever, he played with the 1s and not Matt Waletzko, Josh Ball, and Racey McMath?
He didnt play with the ones in his entire pre-season.

Lets not make things up.

Also. He ran Dez out of town but in pre-season you are saying he was good because he had Dez?

Which is it?

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Just blow up this mess already, start rebuilding. Let the bag chasing phony go. Bite the bullet and tank for 5 years, more if needed. Trade the valuable players that don't fit the timeline, rack up top picks and draft an actual franchise QB then surround him with quality players. Keep some vets around your young guys if possible. Hire a real coach and let him do his job. If it doesn't work try again.

Welcome to 2024 pro sports where most teams have to go through that process at some point since it's the best way to build a contender whether the ''middle of the pack team with no playoff success is good enough for me'' crowd likes it or not.
Teams try to become consistent playoff teams as a step to the ultimate goal. They don’t blow up a playoff team and start over just for fun.

It’s a not well thought out idea by you and some others that no one in the business emulates.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Did you watch the rest of the team against Green Bay as well? I find it hilarious that the others on the team who didn't show up in that game get conveniently left out of the conversation of that loss.
A lot of fans can only comprehend watching the QB and just following the ball. That is why they think, unless told otherwise by a commentator, that every Int is the QB's fault.

That is why they think every game is QB vs QB.

ghst187

Reaction score
I think most of us knew Lance was a big bust his first year….in fact had he NOT gotten hurt, SF likely would’ve stuck with him a few more games at least and possibly missed the playoffs instead of going on a big run. He wasn’t an NFL QB when he was selected and he’s not much better now.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
When Romo and Dak got their chance in preseason they were ready and shined. That’s what good players do imo. Maybe he’ll be different, but you only get so many good chances and Trey is running out fast.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
And I will ask you again.

What is your plan when you jettison Dak?

You have some real studs on this team - Micah, CeeDee, and it looks like some on the offensive line. When you dump Dak, without a legitimate answer to replace him, in my opinion, you immediately begin the massive rebuild. And what message does that send to those guys who are clearly the tops at their positions? Just hang around and lose until we can find this QB?

The mantra of just fire Dak never seems to answer the question, what then?

Let's talk football and drop the rhetoric for a change. What is your solution?

One last point. All the QB's for other teams that are heralded here at The Zone, what are their records in the Super Bowl? Other than Mahomes, who is the stud that has delivered? So while the lust fest of other QB's goes on here, doesn't seem there is a real long list of sure bets other than Mahomes.

Your turn.
This question has been answered literally a thousand times here. Draft QBs in the first or second round, preferably first, until you hit on one. Done

starfan1

Reaction score
So you go get another QB. Lots of teams do it. I(t's not that hard to figure out.

Would be automatically unconditionally better? Who knows.

But you don't NOT do it out of fear.
I honestly think dak is greedy as it gets but I'm not on board with dumping him with no back up plan. The back up plan isn't on this roster at the moment. sanders from Colorado isn't a back up plan either. Plus i don't se us in position to grab him anyway.

This Dak is the main reason we havent gone farther in playoffs is garbage. hes part of it without a doubt. This anybody but Dak approach isn't something I'm on board with. These dummies in the front office have done the same thing they did with Romo.

They needed to be looking for another QB earlier than they did with him and they should have been doing it before now with Dak. The problem is we had too many holes to fill with both QBs because jeryr and company are blond to building a complete team.

I havent looked at the upcoming draft to see what is going to be out there cause ive felt all along they were going to extend Dak .Truly i dont care what they do with him but a part me hopes they do just because im sick and tired of listening to the anti dakkers on this board.

They said they will leave once extended so well see. On a different note Im not real optimistic this Michigan DT is anything more than a back up

Chasing6

Reaction score
Well starters don't play much anymore in preseason. You think we should risk our starters to injury, so Trance a 4 year veteran, can play with our 1's, so he can look good against 2's and 3's(rookies and FA's)???

Chasing6

Reaction score
You keep spouting the same nonsense. No one is saying that he is Tom Brady, but he can be serviceable if given PLAYING TIME. The number of years that Dak has been given to prove he can win a NFC championship is going on nine years, and he has plenty experience. When is he going to show a glimpse of playoff poise?
They guy is not even a legit back up QB.

If he was the Niners never would have signed Sam Darnold and he would still be in SF.

He will not bear our Cooper Rush, unless GM Jethro tries to save his ego.

His average pass today was .7 yards more than our average rushing play. Then you add in the negative sack yardage. We could have just ran the ball the entire game and got similar results.

Chasing6

Reaction score
If it hits them in the hands they should catch it . . . Right? Isn't that what Dark fans say? I am sure you have said this countless times
Sure. WR's love jumping in the air catching the ball and getting flipped upside down.