Lance was very disappointing

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I had to look it up. September 18, 2022 was the last game he played. 8 games since the beginning of 2021. Add to that a very short college career and it’s obvious that he is as green as can be. Looked like a guy that hasn’t played football in a couple years. To me it’s what happens next. Dallas must play him a ton in the preseason to see if anything is there.

Chasing6

Reaction score
A team sport that can be negatively impacted by the sucky play of one individual when they throw pick sixes and can’t move the ball.
Mean while when Mahomes played like crap in the SB the defense kept him in the game.

His first TD came after a muffed punt fumble recovery at the Niners 16 yard line. The second and last one came in OT, that never should have taken place, if the Niners make an extra point.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I had to look it up. September 18, 2022 was the last game he played. 8 games since the beginning of 2021. Add to that a very short college career and it’s obvious that he is as green as can be. Looked like a guy that hasn’t played football in a couple years. To me it’s what happens next. Dallas must play him a ton in the preseason to see if anything is there.
Don't forget he opted out and sat his last college season due to Covid.

starfan1

Reaction score
I do like his mobility for sure but few mobile QBs amount to much of anything. Just not optimistic hes gonna be on the roster week 1. Rush is better and his weak sauce arm isn't what we need either

Chasing6

Reaction score
A team sport that can be negatively impacted by the sucky play of one individual when they throw pick sixes and can’t move the ball.
And definitely can be negatively effected by sucky play by 11 players on defense.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I found his performance encouraging. Never seen him play before and didn't know what to expect.

He definitely has a legit arm and legit mobility. The biggest thing for me is that he didn't appear lost in the moment. He played with confidence and decisiveness. Definitely not a polished veteran, but nobody is until they get the real situation reps. You guys saying he should be playing like a 4 year vet are nuts. It just doesn't work that way. Especially with a guy with his background.

The jury is still out as to whether he'll make it but he showed well yesterday.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Granted he wasn't playing with top talent, but he wasn't facing top talent either.

He didn't do enough, and a lot of his placement with open receivers was a bit off.

Plus, he can't even throw a simple fade to a wide open receiver in the end zone. That 4th down miss was awful.

Lance is literally on the chopping block.
He wasn't disappointing at all, what a BS thread.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I'm done on this thread saying how bad Lance is as a QB. He had one or two good runs so maybe they should make him a RB.

Aven8

Reaction score
With 4 int’s that game should have been a blowout regardless of PS or not. I mean I think Dinucci could have even thrown at least one TD…..

Chasing6

Reaction score
On the bright side loved the bomb Rush & Brooks connected on . I think Dallas has to get both Tolbert & Brooks involved in the passing game this season . Add Ferguson maybe Stephens in as TE and you cannot say Dak lacks Targets .

For Lances first extensive action in what 2 yrs he wasn’t horrible . Throwing to receivers who are not making the team for the most part and a horrible running attack once Dowdle left .
The ball was not coming out on time. Which means he does not trust his instincts(lack of experience) or he can't read a defense.

Running around until someone gets open is not a realistic way to win games in the NFL.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I found his performance encouraging. Never seen him play before and didn't know what to expect.

He definitely has a legit arm and legit mobility. The biggest thing for me is that he didn't appear lost in the moment. He played with confidence and decisiveness. Definitely not a polished veteran, but nobody is until they get the real situation reps. You guys saying he should be playing like a 4 year vet are nuts. It just doesn't work that way. Especially with a guy with his background.

The jury is still out as to whether he'll make it but he showed well yesterday.
I am sure Jerry's jury is still out. The SF jury dismissed the case.

Brooksey

Reaction score
I'm done on this thread saying how bad Lance is as a QB. He had one or two good runs so maybe they should make him a RB.
He had at least 20 nice completions too stop the BS.. at one point 6-7 in a row. He did was he was expected, the WR's had a few big drops.
There was a couple bad throws too high out of the end zone. It looked like our 2023 red zone offense

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
He didnt play with the ones in his entire pre-season.

Lets not make things up.

Also. He ran Dez out of town but in pre-season you are saying he was good because he had Dez?

Which is it?
I was responding to your “Dak’s first game ever” question. I wasnt talking about the entire pre-season. Stay in topic

The rest of your post isnt even worth responding to, because its nonsense. We all know Dak regressed in his second season.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I was responding to your “Dak’s first game ever” question. I wasnt talking about the entire pre-season. Stay in topic

The rest of your post isnt even worth responding to, because its nonsense. We all know Dak regressed in his second season.
The same season the FO thought they could go WR by committee? lol.

Y'all keep wanting to blame Dak for the FO creating problems.

You can put Mahomes behind center for the Cowboys. The FO will screw it up. It is inevitable. Like Thanos. This teams culture will destroy even the most talented players. Look at Parsons.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Dak was also a 4th round pick. Rush didn't look this bad as a rookie
Dak played 4 years at Mississippi State and had over 1100 passing attempts.

Rush played 4 years at Central Michigan and had over 1600 passing attempts

Trey played 2 years at North Dakota and had 318 passing attempts

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
And definitely can be negatively effected by sucky play by 11 players on defense.
Two things independent of each other can happen simultaneously. For example, giving up a pick six and giving a defense ten yards to work for an opposing team to score while doing nothing on offense for almost eighty percent of the half can too negatively affect the defense.