Lance was very disappointing

Flamma

Reaction score
A ton of teams have. There are a lot of examples of teams winning playoff games, even a Super Bowl, when the offense has a terrible first half. There are 0 examples in NFL history of a team winning in the playoffs giving up 6TDs in 7 possessions.
What you're saying are the same thing, just opposite sides of the coin. In one case the team comes back. In the other, they don't. What I think aggravated most fans was, what were they doing while the other team was scoring 6 out of 7 possessions? Maybe had the Cowboys responded, the Packers wouldn't have scored so much. Momentum is huge in this game.

Go back to 2008 when the Packers scored like 5 straight TDs, Arizona still won.

Back to 1992 when the Bills gave up 35 straight points. The Bills responded with a TD, onside kick, and another quick TD. That sparked their defense. The other side of the coin is that not happening. Like the game against the Packers.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I totally agree. The key is if he shows progress.
What we saw yesterday was what everyone has been saying about Lance from day 1 in SF. Great athleticism, lively arm but lacks instincts. He’s not close to being able to start for any team right now. I believe he’s on the last year of his contract. He needs to go to the UFL to see if he can develop. Right now, it’s not looking good for the young man unfortunately.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
What we saw yesterday was what everyone has been saying about Lance from day 1 in SF. Great athleticism, lively arm but lacks instincts. He’s not close to being able to start for any team right now. I believe he’s on the last year of his contract. He needs to go to the UFL to see if he can develop. Right now, it’s not looking good for the young man unfortunately.
Don’t you need to do the activity to develop instincts?

Imagine just being thrown into an NFL game to play QB. It’s not easy. Personally I think he did well considering the circumstances. He needs to play in every preseason game. Only then can a decision be made.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What you're saying are the same thing, just opposite sides of the coin. In one case the team comes back. In the other, they don't. What I think aggravated most fans was, what were they doing while the other team was scoring 6 out of 7 possessions? Maybe had the Cowboys responded, the Packers wouldn't have scored so much. Momentum is huge in this game.

Back to 1992 when the Bills gave up 35 straight points. The Bills responded with a TD, onside kick, and another quick TD. That sparked their defense. The other side of the coin is that not happening. Like the game against the Packers.
Those games you mentioned were by balanced teams. The Cowboys were in no way a balanced team last year for reasons that have been stated a million times since the end of the season. The team was weak in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Both defense and offense were 1 dimensional. Their best RB was not 100% coming back from an injury. They flashed against weaker teams because they couldn’t take advantage of their weaknesses. Just agains shows to prove that you’ll never go far in the playoffs being 1 dimensional on both sides the of the ball. Everytime, Dak would try a play action pass, the defense would start laughing.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Only gave the other team 7 points. Some defenses actually stop teams from scoring after an interception - see KC.

Anyone can see that Dak and the offense did not have a great first half.

Neither did Mahomes and the Cheifs against the Niners in the SB.

However Dak and the offense did not quit. To be honest I can't say the defense quit, because they never showed up.
A turnover inside the 20 is points for a playoff team.
You say the d struggled from kickoff....why would you throw an interception there. Is that helping?
Make the d March right back out without a rest....great.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Right!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Not sure what you are arguing about? If they sign Lance as a developmental/Backup QB, no way he gets $25M/y and no way anyone will pay him that anywhere else either. He might get Backup QB money. which is fine if he shows improvement the next couple of pre-season games..
so why sign some developmental player who by now we know is not going to be elite and his celing at best is a top 10 QB. don't we already have that? haven't we gone that path? and 4 years in the league already working with top coaches and he is still developmental? really... a rookie is a developmental player. 4 years in the league and he still has trouble with basic stuff

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Excuses is being in year 8 always surrounded with top talent and ways fumbling against elite teams.
this isn't about Dak. my god get your head straight...you all can't go one minute without relating anything to Dak and complaining.

Dak sucks...now what? does that make Lance better!!!? seriously people. what's wrong with you

Chasing6

Reaction score
You say the d struggled from kickoff....why would you throw an interception there. Is that helping?

How does an offense get in rhythm when the defense can't get the ball back and starts the game with an 8.5 minute TD drive?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A ton of teams have. There are a lot of examples of teams winning playoff games, even a Super Bowl, when the offense has a terrible first half. There are 0 examples in NFL history of a team winning in the playoffs giving up 6TDs in 7 possessions.
So how come our offense couldn't do that?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Love also looked much better than Dak, in the playoffs. How do you feel about that fact?
yes he did. Dak sucks. now what? does that make you feel better about Lance?

you all are so obsessed can't go one minute, or a single second without thinking about Dak. this was a lance thread, but somehow Dak is fogging your brain

get a hold of yourself people....seriously what's wrong with you?

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Did he progress from the first half to the 2nd half?
Seriously? Come on man. Guy hasn’t played football in almost 2 years. Consider that.

Look I am not sold on Lance. Giving up a 4 for him was beyond stupid. They probably could have given a 6 and got the deal done. He is an impressive athlete. Big guy that can really move. Working through progressions in a couple seconds and making a decision is not something everyone can do. I am not sure he has that in him but there is enough athlete there to see what happens. Dak is the QB this year. Lance can be a backup and play some actual football. Worth it to keep him around this year. I think he needs to play every preseason game. The decision can be made later. I think it’s a long shot but still worth playing it through.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Don’t you need to do the activity to develop instincts?

Imagine just being thrown into an NFL game to play QB. It’s not easy. Personally I think he did well considering the circumstances. He needs to play in every preseason game. Only then can a decision be made.
His best bet is to get seasoned in the UFL if he can. His accuracy has always been a question mark and he hasn’t improved yet. If he has improved from his SF games, he must’ve been really bad there. I like Lance. Feel kinda bad for him as he should never have been drafted that high with such little experience.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How does an offense get in rhythm when the defense can't get the ball back and starts the game with an 8.5 minute TD drive?
They have to 'get in rhythm"? If they don't it's the defense fault?

you are getting desperate.
So make some 1st downs and a score....turning the ball over for points won't get you in rhythm.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
His best bet is to get seasoned in the UFL if he can. His accuracy has always been a question mark and he hasn’t improved yet. If he has improved from his SF games, he must’ve been really bad there. I like Lance. Feel kinda bad for him as he should never have been drafted that high with such little experience.
I wouldn’t make that decision until after the preseason. Give him a lot of snaps the next few games. If he shows improvement keep him. If not I think the UFL is a good idea.

It wasn’t terrible yesterday. Tentative for sure but not terrible.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We get it. You put all the blame on Dak. You show it here everyday. No need to keep repeating it.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Just because Lance might not be the "One" this changes nothing in the need to get rid of DAKCHOKA and his 60 million $ price tag!!!!
I won't argue with that....its just that all you all tie your jock straps to any crappy QB, because you have so much hate.

you have never ever offered any alternative that's better than dak. just licking jock straps of any QB you can barely spell.

you don't even understand what a first down is. much less talk about QBs.

now flip those burgers before they burn

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Trey Lance was three drops away from completing 70% of his passes, they're was like 6 drops.
He has a lot of work to do, but this is a misleading-fake news title and thread
those drops were WRs fault? or was it inaccuracy? I mean he missed an end zone WRs by 5 yards over his head....is that the WRs fault.

its funny, all you all in your desparation come up with any excuse for Lance...somebody even said he has been a victim all his life of coaching injustice...

now, its hey if WRs catch three ball he has a 70% completin rate and coming up with literally fake stats.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Seriously? Come on man. Guy hasn’t played football in almost 2 years. Consider that.

Look I am not sold on Lance. Giving up a 4 for him was beyond stupid. They probably could have given a 6 and got the deal done. He is an impressive athlete. Big guy that can really move. Working through progressions in a couple seconds and making a decision is not something everyone can do. I am not sure he has that in him but there is enough athlete there to see what happens. Dak is the QB this year. Lance can be a backup and play some actual football. Worth it to keep him around this year. I think he needs to play every preseason game. The decision can be made later. I think it’s a long shot but still worth playing it through.
He has not played in 5 years. That is the problem. It is not an excuse.

He is still trying to learn things he should have learned in college.

Why would your trade for a player that has not played in almost 4 years and only has 1 year of experience in college. Regardless of how athletic you are, that does not make you a QB.