Lance was very disappointing

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I wouldn’t make that decision until after the preseason. Give him a lot of snaps the next few games. If he shows improvement keep him. If not I think the UFL is a good idea.

It wasn’t terrible yesterday. Tentative for sure but not terrible.
Most definitely. Give him most of the snaps. Maybe it will all click together for him and he can be successful. I love his lively arm although sometimes it’s too lively as he tends to throw too hard sometimes on the short passes. He’s got to show some improvement in accuracy. He almost got 1 WR killed out there yesterday.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Thankfully some watched him without the negative bias. I saw an impressive looking athlete. Ball zipped out of his hand. Great scrabbling ability. Big guy. The negatives for me were vision and confidence to just let it rip. He appeared to take to long to work through the progressions. Tended to have happy feet which works in preseason but will be a big problem in the regular season.

I think the guy just needs to play. Let’s see if he shows improvement.
I can name 400 QBs that ball zipped out of their hands...none of them made it in the NFL. this ain't the olympics shot put event. its NFL football. read a defense. make accurate throws. he has had 4 years of coaching, top level coaching, watching film and learning and he is still struggling. he sucks. end of story.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I can name 400 QBs that ball zipped out of their hands...none of them made it in the NFL. this ain't the olympics shot put event. its NFL football. read a defense. make accurate throws. he has had 4 years of coaching, top level coaching, watching film and learning and he is still struggling. he sucks. end of story.
Well shoot……..

Whyjerry

Reaction score
He has not played in 5 years. That is the problem. It is not an excuse.

He is still trying to learn things he should have learned in college.

Why would your trade for a player that has not played in almost 4 years and only has 1 year of experience in college. Regardless of how athletic you are, that does not make you a QB.
Jerry sucks that’s why.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Only gave the other team 7 points. Some defenses actually stop teams from scoring after an interception - see KC.

Anyone can see that Dak and the offense did not have a great first half.

Neither did Mahomes and the Cheifs against the Niners in the SB.

However Dak and the offense did not quit. To be honest I can't say the defense quit, because they never showed up.
that's the point. Dak is not elite. he is top 10ish. so we need team play. Philly did it. twice. SF did it. but Jerry is not capable of putting the right team together. KC scored 3 points in first half of superbowl. but guess what the defense held. they had total of 7 minutes up until the last drive which was 4 minutes. they had total of 138 yards of offense in first half. 65 came in the last drive. guess what. the defense held. they didn't give up and they weren't a sieve.

but yeah, for some reason Dak has to do everything in dallas, even when defense plays bad its Dak's fault. somehow.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Most definitely. Give him most of the snaps. Maybe it will all click together for him and he can be successful. I love his lively arm although sometimes it’s too lively as he tends to throw too hard sometimes on the short passes. He’s got to show some improvement in accuracy. He almost got 1 WR killed out there yesterday.
His misses were high. That’s classic QB adrenaline boost. I don’t know. Trying to be glass half full on this one.

Last edited:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Don’t you need to do the activity to develop instincts?

Imagine just being thrown into an NFL game to play QB. It’s not easy. Personally I think he did well considering the circumstances. He needs to play in every preseason game. Only then can a decision be made.
some have it. some don't. if he has to learn it from scratch like he is, then he is far far far from being an NFL QB. he has had 4 off season and 3 regular seasons of watching tape. being in QB room. taking snaps. and he still doesn't? Love sat behidn Rodgers for 3 years and he was a lot better.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To get 4 defensive Ints and have a bunch of field goals to show for it def. is dissapointing. Maybe Lance is what the 49ers thought he was.
Dallas won a game with like 6 or 7 FG's, no TD's, with Romo at QB. With starters and a game plan.
I think Baily was the K at the time.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
some have it. some don't. if he has to learn it from scratch like he is, then he is far far far from being an NFL QB. he has had 4 off season and 3 regular seasons of watching tape. being in QB room. taking snaps. and he still doesn't? Love sat behidn Rodgers for 3 years and he was a lot better.
Love had a full college career and a lot of starts. This guy didn’t.

It was odd SF grabbed him early given his lack of playing time. I don’t know. Trying to be positive here. Lots to complain about in Dallas. I am not going to complain about a backup QB that might not even be the backup.

stiletto

Reaction score
so why sign some developmental player who by now we know is not going to be elite and his celing at best is a top 10 QB. don't we already have that? haven't we gone that path? and 4 years in the league already working with top coaches and he is still developmental? really... a rookie is a developmental player. 4 years in the league and he still has trouble with basic stuff
Don't disagree. Unless I see some amazing turnaround the next two games, I am not really interested in signing him either. Draft some new blood!

stiletto

Reaction score
His misses were high. That’s classic QB adrenaline boost. I don’t know. Trying to be glass half full on this one.
They've said he's been missing high and inaccurate all training camp. That's no bueno..I'm not interested in the guy if he is that inaccurate. Waste of time in the NFL. We'll see these next couple games I guess.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Love had a full college career and a lot of starts. This guy didn’t.

It was odd SF grabbed him early given his lack of playing time. I don’t know. Trying to be positive here. Lots to complain about in Dallas. I am not going to complain about a backup QB that might not even be the backup.
exactly. he was over drafted. in reality he is a 6th or 7th round pick at best. he is what he is. he sucks and needs a lot of time to learn and probably never will. 4 years in and he still looks like a rookie.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dallas won a game with like 6 or 7 FG's, no TD's, with Romo at QB. With starters and a game plan.
I think Baily was the K at the time.
Just watched a giants game...romo had 5 ints and two pick 6s. Romo didn;t wait for the 2nd strng defense to come in. He fought back the whole time. the kicker was Nick Folk and he did do his part...twice. :)

It was tooth and nail right down to 2 seconds. Romo didn't wait for the defense to pick him up.

btgboys41

Reaction score
He did not play well and even if he did or does in the next 2 preseason games against scrubs(which he should) he will then go back to the bench and watch Dak play.

So next year he will be a 25 year old FA who still desperately lacks playing experience to develop. Who and when is going to give him that opportunity to play?
However, if he shows clear improvement, then it will bode well that he could potentially be a good backup and with more upside and a better trajectory than the current backup. He will get more reps if he’s the backup. He won’t, to your point, if he’s dead weight behind Rush.

If he likes the system, and the coaches like him, then he’d be back.. if he shows clear improvement.

If I had to predict, I’d say he’ll play better but not enough to be confident in him. I will still watch it play out and judge after seeing a bit more though.