Lance was very disappointing

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
The dak apologist say dak had a bad game against green Bay. Now...dak obviously has record of some really good games....he doesn't have to prove anything.

And yet still capable of having a bad game.

So this does happen. Maybe Lance needs a couple more games? We can afford it.
How many more games will Lance get against Joes looking for work?

plasticman

Reaction score
I don't think he was very disappointing.

I would say that he was somewhat disappointing.

His athleticism was intriguing, but he doesn't seem to have a "spark".

What I mean is he plays like he is focused on impressing. It's as if he forgot that it's a game were one team wins and one team loses. Tony Romo wasn't the most athletic QB to be sure, but in the preseason, he always played like the only important thing was winning.

During one preseason game Romo even defied Parcells instruction not to carry the ball himself in a goal line situation. He scored a TD but I'm sure Parcells had a few unkind words for him later.

Trey plays tentatively as if he's always worried about doing something wrong. He's got great speed, a strong arm, and I saw him pinpoint a few passes but he doesn't seem have a lot of touch when throwing to the outside.

He did seem to improve as the game went, despite his O-line of future practice squad players in the 2nd half.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s clear Cooper Rush is the guy. The gamble on Lance was worth it, but he’s not an NFL backup, much less a starter.
Yep....some are lamenting our 4th, but that would have been a gamble too.
While praising 9ers acuity. Very strange.

If he busts out....hey it happens. Even to higher drafts.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
You people have been saying this for the last 4 years. Stop already
"You people"? That doesn't include me because I'm not a big Dak fan, but what the heck is wrong with thinking the Cowboys need a plan if they're going to dump Dak? Are you suggesting they should dump a reasonably good QB with no plan whatsoever of what to do and how to do it?
What is the Cowboys plan? What exactly is YOUR plan? Cooper Rush is not a plan, and after yesterday's game neither is Lance. I'll go along with replacing Dak with a better prospect, but you don't just toss a 12-5 QB for the last 3 years out on the street with no plan for what to do next. Stop already.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I don't think he was very disappointing.

I would say that he was somewhat disappointing.

His athleticism was intriguing, but he doesn't seem to have a "spark".

What I mean is he plays like he is focused on impressing. It's as if he forgot that it's a game were one team wins and one team loses. Tony Romo wasn't the most athletic QB to be sure, but in the preseason, he always played like the only important thing was winning.

During one preseason game Romo even defied Parcells instruction not to carry the ball himself in a goal line situation. He scored a TD but I'm sure Parcells had a few unkind words for him later.

Trey plays tentatively as if he's always worried about doing something wrong. He's got great speed, a strong arm, and I saw him pinpoint a few passes but he doesn't seem have a lot of touch when throwing to the outside.

He did seem to improve as the game went, despite his O-line of future practice squad players in the 2nd half.
I don't care anything about athleticism. can they play QB. can they read defense. can they go through the reads. can they make the throws. Manning (just as an example so don't jump out of your seat), wasn't atheltic. very statue like, but man could he play QB. neither was tom brady athletic. so that's the least of requirements. arm, read defense, move in the pocket, go through reads, make accurate throws.

tomokawan

Reaction score
I'm just saying. You have bad starts, and comebacks. You also have bad starts, and no comebacks. Just to give a more recent example, didn't the Chargers have like a 27-3 lead on the Jags at halftime? Something like that? The Jags started scoring giving the D momentum. You can't just roll over and die because the D is playing terrible. You have to respond. Had the Cowboys responded before it was too late, and the D couldn't stop a nose bleed, it wouldn't look so bad. Ok we lost, but we gave it our best shot. Similar to the 1994 championship game we lost against the 49ers after being down 21-0 early on. They fought back hard. I have great respect for that team. They didn't just roll over and die and come back to life when the game was over, and all of the pressure was off.
Nothing like starting a playoff game off with your defense sucking and never stopping. You keep excusing this defense.

Mikexike

Reaction score
I believe he played in preseason games with Niners as well. Did those not help him?
Apparently not enough. Give the kid 2 more games, They will go back and watch and try and correct some things. We can only hope he improves from 1 ps game to another, After all they did tweak his throwing motion and foot work. Give the kid a break.