Lance was very disappointing

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Brady and Rodgers have changed teams since then. Asking dor a plan now is not how it works.
How convenient. Just throw common sense and any kind of plan out the window. Then when it all goes south we can blame it back on them for not having a plan. I see how that works. :laugh:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't think he was very disappointing.

I would say that he was somewhat disappointing.

His athleticism was intriguing, but he doesn't seem to have a "spark".

What I mean is he plays like he is focused on impressing. It's as if he forgot that it's a game were one team wins and one team loses. Tony Romo wasn't the most athletic QB to be sure, but in the preseason, he always played like the only important thing was winning.

During one preseason game Romo even defied Parcells instruction not to carry the ball himself in a goal line situation. He scored a TD but I'm sure Parcells had a few unkind words for him later.

Trey plays tentatively as if he's always worried about doing something wrong. He's got great speed, a strong arm, and I saw him pinpoint a few passes but he doesn't seem have a lot of touch when throwing to the outside.

He did seem to improve as the game went, despite his O-line of future practice squad players in the 2nd half.
He thinks too much is his problem. If he can ever start playing naturally without overthinking then he’s got a chance.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Yes, Rogers, Love, and Mahomes are comparable to Daktrash?
Send me what you're smoking bud..........Thanks
You clearly ignored the entire question.

Look, I am not opposed to moving on from Dak, I dont think he is worth $60 million either, but you better well have a better replacement in mind than that scrub that put up 9 points against the sorry arse Rams.

Dude had like 4 yards an attempt, I have seen QBs in the pee wee leagues test secondaries more than this..............You want to get rid of Dak, come up with somebody else besides that scrub we all watched last night.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I honestly think dak is greedy as it gets but I'm not on board with dumping him with no back up plan. The back up plan isn't on this roster at the moment. sanders from Colorado isn't a back up plan either. Plus i don't se us in position to grab him anyway.

This Dak is the main reason we havent gone farther in playoffs is garbage. hes part of it without a doubt. This anybody but Dak approach isn't something I'm on board with. These dummies in the front office have done the same thing they did with Romo.

They needed to be looking for another QB earlier than they did with him and they should have been doing it before now with Dak. The problem is we had too many holes to fill with both QBs because jeryr and company are blond to building a complete team.

I havent looked at the upcoming draft to see what is going to be out there cause ive felt all along they were going to extend Dak .Truly i dont care what they do with him but a part me hopes they do just because im sick and tired of listening to the anti dakkers on this board.

They said they will leave once extended so well see. On a different note Im not real optimistic this Michigan DT is anything more than a back up
Exactly, great post !!!

This "anybody but Dak" line of thinking is just stupid.

It should be crystal clear to everybody at this point that yes, there actually are QBs worse than Dak and you saw a couple of them last night for both teams.

I aint down with dumping Dak for scrubs, count me out if that is the plan.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
When your ultra optimistic homer Arlington Jonesboys staff writers print the disappointment of Trey Lance performance, it is pretty much cut bait and go fishing with something else.
https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/eatman-not-many-mistakes-or-plays-from-trey-lance
"The accuracy has been a problem from what we've seen in practices, and it definitely wasn't much better in the game."................Nick Eatman

The Cowboys own in-house media thinks Lance sucks too, not just us zoners..............Dak's price just went up another million:laugh:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I just don't understand why anyone expected better from Lance. This is his 4th year, and he has never looked like an NFL QB. He is just as much of a mess as a passer as he was his first preseason
The fact that 10 threads a day were posted on the front page saying how he was the next "phenom" and that the "2025 QB era begins now" and "Lance is gonna light um up" and so forth and so on probably had something to do with people expecting a lot.

Turned out it was just all hype from the anti-Dakers and that is why they are getting clowned on in this thread.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
"You people"? That doesn't include me because I'm not a big Dak fan, but what the heck is wrong with thinking the Cowboys need a plan if they're going to dump Dak? Are you suggesting they should dump a reasonably good QB with no plan whatsoever of what to do and how to do it?
What is the Cowboys plan? What exactly is YOUR plan? Cooper Rush is not a plan, and after yesterday's game neither is Lance. I'll go along with replacing Dak with a better prospect, but you don't just toss a 12-5 QB for the last 3 years out on the street with no plan for what to do next. Stop already.
Exactly................It is not that people have a problem moving on from Dak, but they want a replacement that is equal or even better.

You want to replace Dak, its simple, present us with a new QB that is equal or better than what we have in Dak.............tossing out a QB that has won 36 games the last 3 years for some scrubs is unacceptable to the fan base.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
It doesnt Matter how Bad Lance looked. CHOKOTA is not signed, nor has signed his offer sheet . So cry all you want about Lance or Rush , but get used to having a new QB1 next year, cowboy fans of Choke :cool:
So, the plan is to dump the QB that has won 36 games the past 3 seasons, including being runner up for league MVP.....................and the replacement is some unknown guy named "QB1".

That sounds like a great plan, like it is almost impossible for it not to work:yourock:

Flamma

Reaction score
Impossible to come back if the defense never gets any stops.
You guys keep bringing up the same thing. Assuming the D would do the same. How do you think comebacks happen? The offense responds, then the defense responds. They build momentum off eachother. That's what happened in the Chargers/Jaguars playoff game.

I think the Cowboys threw a pick in the redzone towards the end of the first half, right? Then got a FG to start the 2nd half. We needed 2 TDs there. The D either responds, or we lose the game. But no one would be killing the offense. Our O looked just as bad a the D. Tommy DeVito and the Giants looked better than our offense against GB.

Chasing6

Reaction score
You guys keep bringing up the same thing. Assuming the D would do the same. How do you think comebacks happen? The offense responds, then the defense responds. They build momentum off eachother. That's what happened in the Chargers/Jaguars playoff game.

I think the Cowboys threw a pick in the redzone towards the end of the first half, right? Then got a FG to start the 2nd half. We needed 2 TDs there. The D either responds, or we lose the game. But no one would be killing the offense. Our O looked just as bad a the D. Tommy DeVito and the Giants looked better than our offense against GB.
D never showed up. Offense was bad early D was the entire game.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You clearly ignored the entire question.

Look, I am not opposed to moving on from Dak, I dont think he is worth $60 million either, but you better well have a better replacement in mind than that scrub that put up 9 points against the sorry arse Rams.

Dude had like 4 yards an attempt, I have seen QBs in the pee wee leagues test secondaries more than this..............You want to get rid of Dak, come up with somebody else besides that scrub we all watched last night.
I'm NOT buying what you're trying to sell us.
What quality QB Lance is has nothing to do with the fact that DAKTRASH got his bag and FAILED miserably!
There is no logic in giving him another bag to continue beating the Giants and Panthers or whatever other dog teams and have him choke against real teams every season.
How many times do the NINERS have to beat us to a pulp hmmmm last time it was what 42-10?
The defense is tired of giving it all for Dak and knows its a wasted effort as in the end, DAKCHOKA will fail to produce the points.
That's all for now............

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So, the plan is to dump the QB that has won 36 games the past 3 seasons, including being runner up for league MVP.....................and the replacement is some unknown guy named "QB1".

That sounds like a great plan, like it is almost impossible for it not to work:yourock:
Oh please man do you think we're slow or something?
Name us 3 signature wins from the past 3 seasons of Daks.
Just 3?
Common man, you can do it??????
Most of his wins were against teams that were either .500 at the time or under.
Sell crazy elsewhere man........
P.S. Dont forget the 3 signature wins...........GL trying to find them. LOL

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I'm NOT buying what you're trying to sell us.
What quality QB Lance is has nothing to do with the fact that DAKTRASH got his bag and FAILED miserably!
There is no logic in giving him another bag to continue beating the Giants and Panthers or whatever other dog teams and have him choke against real teams every season.
How many times do the NINERS have to beat us to a pulp hmmmm last time it was what 42-10?
The defense is tired of giving it all for Dak and knows its a wasted effort as in the end, DAKCHOKA will fail to produce the points.
That's all for now............
So, in other words, you dont actually have a viable replacement..............just some unknown QB1

Cool plan, I guess...................goodnight Pappydog.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So, in other words, you dont actually have a viable replacement..............just some unknown QB1

Cool plan, I guess...................goodnight Pappydog.
Just the fact that you delete Prescott from the TEAM is the 1st Step in the right direction.
Yes, the unknown is better than guaranteed failure!!!!
Goodnight Beast in love with Dak from the East.....

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Oh please man do you think we're slow or something?
Name us 3 signature wins from the past 3 seasons of Daks.
Just 3?
Common man, you can do it??????
Most of his wins were against teams that were either .500 at the time or under.
Sell crazy elsewhere man........
P.S. Dont forget the 3 signature wins...........GL trying to find them. LOL
I never called you slow bro, just having a friendly convo here..............I will play along and list 3 big wins of Daks

1. The win over Tampa Bay against Tom Brady, the first road playoff win by Dallas since the 92 season.

2. The win over the Detroit Lions last year was big, it gave Dallas the #2 seed in the playoffs and Detroit was a legit SB team because they almost beat the 49ers in the NFCCG.

3. The win over the Rams last year was big in the sense that it was the only game where Dak had a perfect 144 QBR (25 for 31, 304 yds, 80% comp, 4TDs, 1 Int) and Rams were 10-7 playoff team last year.

See, you asked for three big wins for Dak and there you go, BAM!!!

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Just the fact that you delete Prescott from the TEAM is the 1st Step in the right direction.
Yes, the unknown is better than guaranteed failure!!!!
Goodnight Beast in love with Dak from the East.....
Hey, at least your honest about it..............you prefer an unknown.

Ok Pappydog, that is enough debating for old Beast for one night................goodnight bro:thumbup: