Lance was very disappointing

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Yep....some are lamenting our 4th, but that would have been a gamble too.
While praising 9ers acuity. Very strange.

If he busts out....hey it happens. Even to higher drafts.
Zach Wilson was 10 of 13, 117 yards, 0 TDs, 0 ints vs. Indy. He looked much sharper than Lance yesterday. Zach Wilson is expected to be Denver’s QB3. Their “emergency” QB.

HonoluluCowboy

Reaction score
It doesnt Matter how Bad Lance looked. CHOKOTA is not signed, nor has signed his offer sheet . So cry all you want about Lance or Rush , but get used to having a new QB1 next year, cowboy fans of Choke :cool:

Chasing6

Reaction score
Apparently not enough. Give the kid 2 more games, They will go back and watch and try and correct some things. We can only hope he improves from 1 ps game to another, After all they did tweak his throwing motion and foot work. Give the kid a break.
2 more preseason games then he sits for the rest of the year. How is that going to help him?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
It doesnt Matter how Bad Lance looked. CHOKOTA is not signed, nor has signed his offer sheet . So cry all you want about Lance or Rush , but get used to having a new QB1 next year, cowboy fans of Choke :cool:
Choke on Dak all season long and the others following once he gets resigned.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Is Trance signed? :huh:

Chasing6

Reaction score
I'm just saying. You have bad starts, and comebacks. You also have bad starts, and no comebacks. Just to give a more recent example, didn't the Chargers have like a 27-3 lead on the Jags at halftime? Something like that? The Jags started scoring giving the D momentum. You can't just roll over and die because the D is playing terrible. You have to respond. Had the Cowboys responded before it was too late, and the D couldn't stop a nose bleed, it wouldn't look so bad. Ok we lost, but we gave it our best shot. Similar to the 1994 championship game we lost against the 49ers after being down 21-0 early on. They fought back hard. I have great respect for that team. They didn't just roll over and die and come back to life when the game was over, and all of the pressure was off.
Impossible to come back if the defense never gets any stops.

silver

Reaction score
Trey Lance sucks so much, we could cut him today and eventually stash him on the practice squad.

NotForLong

Reaction score
And in four year as the Dak detractors continue their litany, the situation hasn't changed. Once you get rid of him, you need a solid plan. One of the respondents suggested drafting a QB in the first or second. That isn't an answer if you are drafting late in the first and second. Which has been the situation because this lame arse QB keeps putting together enough wins to get to the tourney, yet can't seem to get past that hump. But even with this drafting idea, what is the success rate of finding a guy that can actually play and win? I know nothing about the kid drafted by the Bears, but the world has anointed him it would appear. He is set up for a massive fall if he is not the next Mahomes.

So you draft Jock Rockly in the late 20's. How far away from the first several picks can you fall to get this mythical replacement for Dak that came at least get you to the play-offs regularly. And how long will it take for Rockly to get to the point he can deliver consistently?

Or, dump Dak and put in the redhead Cooper Clutch. Enjoy that six win season, which bumps you down out of the real talent QB's where they are normally drafted.

If it isn't obvious, Jerry thinks he can find a cheap replacement to groom, which means he frees up major cap money. But he wants to sell this as a plan to get better, when in reality, once Dak leaves next season he will replace him with a QB that is cheap and cannot get it done.

The whining commences when the losing commences. And eventually, just my opinion, people will begin commenting they should have just kept Dak. No one will admit that now, but I recall the late 80's, and the post Aikman debacle at QB when they put in Quincy, and a host of baseballers and the product stunk on ice.
Problem is you can't start your search until you dump the dead weight. In that time Brady and Rodgers have become available. Even Baker Mayfield could have been an option

NotForLong

Reaction score
"You people"? That doesn't include me because I'm not a big Dak fan, but what the heck is wrong with thinking the Cowboys need a plan if they're going to dump Dak? Are you suggesting they should dump a reasonably good QB with no plan whatsoever of what to do and how to do it?
What is the Cowboys plan? What exactly is YOUR plan? Cooper Rush is not a plan, and after yesterday's game neither is Lance. I'll go along with replacing Dak with a better prospect, but you don't just toss a 12-5 QB for the last 3 years out on the street with no plan for what to do next. Stop already.
Brady and Rodgers have changed teams since then. Asking dor a plan now is not how it works.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Problem is you can't start your search until you dump the dead weight. In that time Brady and Rodgers have become available. Even Baker Mayfield could have been an option
Jerry will never pay what it would take to get either of those guys. He took a flyer on Dak as a fourth round pick. This shoulda, woulda, coulda, is fun when sitting around hoisting adult beverages. Or maybe posting on a message board. But there are facts about this team and management which signal what will happen over what finger's crossed dreams of fan's wish list.

Just the fact Jerry threw draft capital on Lance should be the tell-tale sign of how Geriatric Jones plans to handle this. And his son, Little Anus, will try and put his clumsy feet in Jerry's shoes once Skeletor takes his last rattling breath.

I played this game for several years lamenting the fact Jerry could have had Julius Peppers, but was too cheap to pony up the money. Peppers went on to post more than a few years of top flight performances, which added salt to the GM's self inflicted wound.

But here is a bit for you to consider. While you say dead weight, like so many disillusioned fans here, when the time comes and Mr. Prescott becomes a free agent and the NFL world goes completely buttocks over backwards ball caps, there will be a ripple of laughter, but not from this fandom. It will be Dakota Prescott giggling all the way to the bank, because his status in this league differs so much, so drastically opposed to the the mediots laying claims as experts, along with the fandiots on this site.

Just calling 'em as I see 'em.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Jerry will never pay what it would take to get either of those guys. He took a flyer on Dak as a fourth round pick. This shoulda, woulda, coulda, is fun when sitting around hoisting adult beverages. Or maybe posting on a message board. But there are facts about this team and management which signal what will happen over what finger's crossed dreams of fan's wish list.

Just the fact Jerry threw draft capital on Lance should be the tell-tale sign of how Geriatric Jones plans to handle this. And his son, Little Anus, will try and put his clumsy feet in Jerry's shoes once Skeletor takes his last rattling breath.

I played this game for several years lamenting the fact Jerry could have had Julius Peppers, but was too cheap to pony up the money. Peppers went on to post more than a few years of top flight performances, which added salt to the GM's self inflicted wound.

But here is a bit for you to consider. While you say dead weight, like so many disillusioned fans here, when the time comes and Mr. Prescott becomes a free agent and the NFL world goes completely buttocks over backwards ball caps, there will be a ripple of laughter, but not from this fandom. It will be Dakota Prescott giggling all the way to the bank, because his status in this league differs so much, so drastically opposed to the the mediots laying claims as experts, along with the fandiots on this site.

Just calling 'em as I see 'em.
Lol. Dak is gonna set the team that signs him back for 10 years. And the New Fan Base will not have any Fan Boys defending Him. He will become the laughing stock of the NFL. I kinda feel sorry for Him but His millions should comfort him

As Far?as playing the What If game. . . I was not I was just stating that unforeseen options arise all the time

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
Lance played like the third string QB he is.

Hopefully he gets better with more playing time.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Jerry didn't handle this very well. He could of done better if he grabbed Sam Darnold.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Trey Lance is finally getting some PT. I’m gonna relax and follow the process hoping he ends the preseason playing better than he starts the preseason. I kinda always thought THAT was the point with these inexperienced players. And make NO MISTAKE - Lance IS an inexperienced player.