Lance was very disappointing

mcmvp

Reaction score
This thread is proof that some people really did think Lance may be the savior and have some sort of career resurrection. Like really believed it. They literally ignored his past, where he was, and who already said ‘no thanks’ to his services.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/L/LancTr00.htm

Technically speaking, he's played in 8 games in 2 seasons. His performance today really showed his inexperience and lack of playing time. Will he improve? I can't say I saw anything today that convinces me he will. But he gets 2 more chances to show something. If he had plans of impressing anyone today, that clearly didn't happen.
True. You're right.

For Jerry's sake, let's hope Lance improves dramatically these last 2 preseason games.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
thats how I saw it too.
This was the first game in a long time for him on a different team, and our coaches are not that great lol.
I thought he did ok, and didnt throw ints like the la qb, who threw 4 !

Lets see what he looks like next game.
People forget he is playing with the 2nd and 3rd string guys., and MM didnt design a offense for him.

Cowboys still had the game won till that dummy had the PF penalty, which gave rams a 1st down at dallas 40 then rams score the only td
of the day, and that was on the defense.
up until that point both teams had not been able to get into EZ.

I liked that cropper wr, I missed all the KO's except one so cant comment on that .
But it was nice to see a actual game!
The fans that say he is terrible and not even qb2 quality arent worth paying attention to.

First game in this offense, with a bad OL. Do we not remember how Dak looked in this same offense the first 5 games of last season??

I understand the ball placement critique. Thats my biggest issue with him right now

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
This thread is proof that some people really did think Lance may be the savior and have some sort of career resurrection. Like really believed it. They literally ignored his past, where he was, and who already said ‘no thanks’ to his services.
Yup.

This ^^^ coming from a real Eagles fan seeing things from the outside in.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
There were some many better options than Trance.
yeah but jerry loves 1st round pick guys, no matter how bad they are.
Jerry saw lance as a bargain! He was a steal! lol.

Now they have to keep him, as they are paying him 5 mil and it is guaranteed, so they have to pay him if they cut him.
That is all on jerry.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Can you quote me one post on here saying he can replace Dak, and save this franchise? 7 pages in I have read, must have missed it

tomokawan

Reaction score
He hasn’t played in two years so not sure what everyone expected. It gives him some film to study and things to work on. He’s not near ready to be a starter in this league and not ready to unseat Rush as backup either.
They expect him to look like an All-pro already. Overreaction already. See how he looks after the next 2 games. Would like to see him with starters a bit.

cald0d30s0

Reaction score
So, the guy who said "Lance doesn't look like an NFL QB" was totally right, lol.

Now, I'm far from being an expert, but he looks very raw and scared. The O-Line made him no favors, but man, some passes were completed off target and short passes too strong. I think the experiment is over, in my humble opinion, he is not going to get any better.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Can you quote me one post on here saying he can replace Dak, and save this franchise? 7 pages in I have read, must have missed it
You saw it since the minute the Cowboys were getting blown out during the playoffs this past January by the Packers up through recent months. No need to act as of you never saw not a single of the hundreds of posts stating as a fact that Lance would replace Dak once preseason started.

Loso86

Reaction score
Granted he wasn't playing with top talent, but he wasn't facing top talent either.

He didn't do enough, and a lot of his placement with open receivers was a bit off.

Plus, he can't even throw a simple fade to a wide open receiver in the end zone. That 4th down miss was awful.

Lance is literally on the chopping block.
I saw it completely different. I saw a guy who showed promise with the minimum snaps he's had

tomokawan

Reaction score
lance reminds me of chad hutchinson. he looked like an starting nfl quarterback but just did not look like it on the field. i do not see a future starting quarterback in the nfl in lance. four years and stills looks just as good and most mid round rookie quarterbacks. just see how he plays next week. lance will make the team he is getting paid to much this year to get rid of him and that sucks to waste a roster spot him.
Thanks alot. I won't be able to sleep tonight. I will be having a Hutchinson nightmare.

Plankton

Reaction score
Lance looked every bit like a guy who has not had any substantial playing time or experience at the quarterback position in the last five years. He has arm strength and mobility. What he doesn't have is field awareness, consistent footwork/mechanics and accuracy, and the ability to anticipate a throw. He has to see it to throw it, and that may work against a bunch of future semi-pro players, but it won't work against an actual defense that game plans against his offense.

It's too bad that there isn't an NFL Europe anymore where the Cowboys could have sent him to get live reps and seasoning. From what has been seen to this point, there is too much work that needs to be done on him to make him field ready in 2024.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
39-50 454 yards 5 TD passes 2 rushing touchdowns.

That’s Daks preseason stat line from 2016.

These 2 guys aren’t comparable and never were.

If anyone is expecting Lance to start they are either delusional or just hate Dak so much they don’t care who starts as long as it isn’t him.
Was that all 4 preseason games combined? If so that averages out to 9-12 for 113 yards and 1.25 TD's a game

Not exactly world-beater stats, but still far better than Lance today. Stop trying to make it sound like Dak blew the wheels off the entire NFL universe that season. He didn't.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
He won’t improve enough for anyone in their right mind to want him as our starting QB if Dak walks after this season. However, you have a lot of fans here who aren’t in their right minds. Lol
Some may feel he'll undergo a wonderous series of improvements. I'm skeptical it's likely to happen anytime soon. It'd take years, if at all. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

mcmvp

Reaction score
If you’re looking for the exact quote from some, I can’t help you. If you haven’t been paying attention to certain posters for the last year, I can’t help you with that either

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
You saw it since the minute the Cowboys were getting blown out during the playoffs this past January by the Packers up through recent months. No need to act as of you never saw not a single of the hundreds of posts stating as a fact that Lance would replace Dak once preseason started.
not talking about past posts, talking about this one. Yes in the past there were tons....but I am guessing what people meant is if Dak walked, Lance would take over and at this stage if Dalk walks, who else do we have that's better? That is a scary thought