Lance Wasn't As Disappointing As Some Want To Believe Considering The Circumstances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flamma

Reaction score
so Love played in no games for 4 years behind Rodgers. Rodgers sat behind Favre. and so on...yet they played at a high level.

year 4, you all have nothing but sympathy and excuses. I get it. you want it to be the one. you want it to be the QB we all dream about, so you cling and you cling tightly.

sorry to disappoint you, he is not the QB you are hoping for or looking for. move on.
You must have responded to the wrong person. I've done nothing but trash Lance since the day the 49ers drafted him. It's only recently I said he hasn't played in a long time. Why bother bringing up Rodgers? He was a good QB coming out of college. You expect a crap QB coming out of college to look like Rodgers?

You know what I would like to see? Not Lance. Throw Dak's butt out there behind a backup OL and backup WRs. We'll get an instant flashback of 2018.

tm1119

Reaction score
You don’t have the self control to not read it and responds though.

If you look at this thread you’ll see probably 30ish replies to me from well known Dak over Dallas fans that I didn’t even take the time to read let alone respond to their replies.

Thats what actual not caring about what they think looks like.
Honest question…have you ever considered seeking help? Looking at your post count VS how many days you’ve been signed up for this board is ALARMING. Like borderline alert the authorities level alarming.
Have you considered that spending a good chunk of 3.5 years of your life making posts about 1 guy on a message board isn’t healthy? 22 posts a day stating how much you dislike a stranger that doesn’t know you exist is wild.

Just some food for thought…

Flamma

Reaction score
It is kinda funny that people have fallen in love with Love.. pun intended. With the way the Cowboys defense played against him I could have completed a 70% of my passes and a couple of TDs. He had guys running butt naked in the secondary all day and virtually no pressure from our "tired" pass rush. This season will be his chance to show and prove but a nice 5-6 game hot streak should by no means have warranted a 50 million dollar a year raise. But that's the Packers' problem not mine.
The Packers are probably crossing their fingers and hoping for the best. He got a 4 year 220M dollar contract. But they had a cheap year left. They get to spread 232M throughout 5 years. If they waited until next year, it would have been 220M in 4 years. Now they have 3 years of pretty decent cap hits, and then they can move on if they want. I think it was worth the risk for them.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Honest question…have you ever considered seeking help? Looking at your post count VS how many days you’ve been signed up for this board is ALARMING. Like borderline alert the authorities level alarming.
Have you considered that spending a good chunk of 3.5 years of your life making posts about 1 guy on a message board isn’t healthy? 22 posts a day stating how much you dislike a stranger that doesn’t know you exist is wild.

What you consider “waste” I might consider fun.

You probably do things I would consider a waste of time.

The only difference is I don’t care about your time being wasted.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

I have him in therapy couple of times a week normally. he missed the past couple of weeks. we are trying to help him. it will take time.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One of the complaints in San Fran was inconsistent touch and he showed that a lot yesterday. The corner route on 4th and goal was a terrible pass. There was another play where he tried to hit the RB flaring out and he threw a 100 mph bullet when all he had to just lay it out there.

I think if you wanted to try to salvage Lance, you probably needed to just start over. McCarthy should have been sent packing. They should have reset the team, looked to trade Dak by letting his agent find a team, and then hired a good young offensive HC who could work with Lance.
I agree with the comments about the touch on his passes. I saw the same thing

EGTuna

Reaction score
  • Michael Penix Jr.: The most surprising pick of the NFL draft delivered a performance in line with expectations from his college days. With Kirk Cousins sitting out and Penix getting the start for the Atlanta Falcons on Friday against the Miami Dolphins, the Heisman Trophy runner-up showed a knack for pushing the ball downfield – connecting with Chris Blair on a 41-yard gain – while missing out on other looks due to erratic ball placement."

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nfl-preseason-winners-losers-caleb-120655596.html
Uh, what? Penix looked way better than Lance, but you do you. I wish Lance looked like an all pro, but he looks lost and like someone who hasn’t played enough football. Because he hasn’t.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Uh, what? Penix looked way better than Lance, but you do you. I wish Lance looked like an all pro, but he looks lost and like someone who hasn’t played enough football. Because he hasn’t.
Nope...he hasn;t played a lot of football.

My point isn;t who was better...my point was even those highly rated players that appear to "look good", had obvious issues throwing the ball, at least according to CBS sports.

Sydla

Reaction score
This is just another variant of the warm body theory. Lance has a pulse. Lance isn't Dak.

Add those up and the anti-Dak crowd will do whatever they can to justify why Lance is a viable option and we don't need Dak going forward.

All that being said, Lance does at least provide some intrigue in preseason. They won't play Dak much and preseason, by it's nature, is pretty bland. So having a polarizing Lance out there adds some pepper to the preseason. Lord knows that the light bulb suddenly going off with him would be a huge development. But as of now, he's basically still the same guy that San Fran realized they couldn't fix.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
This is just another variant of the warm body theory. Lance has a pulse. Lance isn't Dak.

Add those up and the anti-Dak crowd will do whatever they can to justify why Lance is a viable option and we don't need Dak going forward.

All that being said, Lance does at least provide some intrigue in preseason. They won't play Dak much and preseason, by it's nature, is pretty bland. So having a polarizing Lance out there adds some pepper to the preseason. Lord knows that the light bulb suddenly going off with him would be a huge development. But as of now, he's basically still the same guy that San Fran realized they couldn't fix.
I don't know if they realize they COULDN'T fix him as much as they realized that as well as Purdy was playing they no longer HAD to fix him. They rightfully determined that they should put all their energy into Purdy and move on from Lance. Now if Purdy plateaus the way Garropollo did then they will go out and seek any upgrade at the position again. That team is stacked but if once they start having to pay guys it won't stay stacked. When that is no longer the case will Purdy be able to elevate a lesser team? Only time will tell. Same with Lance.. Will he be able to continue to develop his QB skills to become a viable NFL QB? If he does it was a good use of a 4th round pick. If not, it was a waste. Not rocket surgery.

phildadon86

Reaction score

What is amazing to me is that the anti dak crowd seems to think the same coaching staff that cant fix Daks mental issues is somehow going to correct all of the warts Lance has that Kyle freaking Shanahan couldnt fix....

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Lance wasn’t as good as some want to believe. It’s pretty funny how some fans are still trying to convince themselves that he’s our next starting QB when he’s got his work cut out for him just trying to beat out Cooper Rush for the backup job.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What is amazing to me is that the anti dak crowd seems to think the same coaching staff that cant fix Daks mental issues is somehow going to correct all of the warts Lance has that Kyle freaking Shanahan couldnt fix....
I am just quoting this, just in case some of our fellow members do not read your post the first time around.

MikeT22

Reaction score
Lance wasn’t as good as some want to believe. It’s pretty funny how some fans are still trying to convince themselves that he’s our next starting QB. :rolleyes:
I don't get it. 49ers gave up on him for a reason. We've all seen it.

I know Dak is Dak and that's not good enough, but Lance definitely isn't the savior. And with Lance's contract coming up I can't see us re-signing him for '25 unless Jerry has zero braincells left.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

He'll talk to his doctor and get back to you! Lol

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Stop reading what Dak fans say.

Lance wasn’t great by any means, but he completed 61% of his passes (some guys had some ugly drops especially McMath), was our leading rusher, showed great pocket awareness, and didn’t even almost have a turnover.

All this with guys that won’t even be on a NFL practice squad in a month. Heck, he didn’t even have scrubs like Tolbert or Turpin to throw to.

Like I said, I want to watch it on my own and see for myself.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Brice Butler played too.

So did Dez, Williams, and Beasley.

His 1, 2, and 3 receivers.
You are right had better talent around him, but we also have heard about his struggles in camp even with the starters. Let's see if he improves with more experience.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
You are right had better talent around him, but we also have heard about his struggles in camp even with the starters. Let's see if he improves with more experience.
We’re not going to see him with any talent around him. It’s almost impossible to accurately judge him.

Lamb, Cooks, Tolbert, Turpin all probably won’t play a snap because that’s how the Cowboys do things these days.

The best Lance will get is the #5 receiver.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Anyone remember a floundering Geno Smith in New Yawk ? Well Seattle thinks the world of him and he’s starting . Funny things can happen in the NFL

PurpleHaze22

Reaction score
Lance wasn’t as good as some want to believe. It’s pretty funny how some fans are still trying to convince themselves that he’s our next starting QB when he’s got his work cut out for him just trying to beat out Cooper Rush for the backup job.
Thought he looked better than Dak in our last game against the Packers.

Status
Not open for further replies.