Lance Wasn't As Disappointing As Some Want To Believe Considering The Circumstances

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jordan Love apparently learned something watching all those years.
It still took Love about 10 games before he started playing much better.
Lance will not get that experience unless Dak is injured. As we know, Dak will not play bad enough to get benched. He will be top 10, if not top 5 in passing again. For the regular season.

Then the playoffs hit. Hopefully a light comes on this time around.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I didn't see the game as I was busy this weekend, so I'll have to watch it later. However, from what I'm hearing, it doesn't sound good. I'll get back to you on Wednesday when NFL Network airs the game again.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I didn't see the game as I was busy this weekend, so I'll have to watch it later. However, from what I'm hearing, it doesn't sound good. I'll get back to you on Wednesday when NFL Network airs the game again.
Stop reading what Dak fans say.

Lance wasn’t great by any means, but he completed 61% of his passes (some guys had some ugly drops especially McMath), was our leading rusher, showed great pocket awareness, and didn’t even almost have a turnover.

All this with guys that won’t even be on a NFL practice squad in a month. Heck, he didn’t even have scrubs like Tolbert or Turpin to throw to.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I don't care if he's been in the league 20 years, he's played like 5 games. People keep bringing up his years as if standing on the sidelines gives him game experience. Besides, it's preseason, who cares if he plays or not?
so Love played in no games for 4 years behind Rodgers. Rodgers sat behind Favre. and so on...yet they played at a high level.

year 4, you all have nothing but sympathy and excuses. I get it. you want it to be the one. you want it to be the QB we all dream about, so you cling and you cling tightly.

sorry to disappoint you, he is not the QB you are hoping for or looking for. move on.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Lance didn’t make basic 10 yard in cut throws with accuracy. Guys had to reach down or jump to catch them.

Dak’s biggest problem at times is not leading the receiver. Lance was worse than any game Dak has had in that category.

Who is the Duke Manyweather of QB coaches? Lance needs to see them

Parcells4Life

Reaction score

Lance wasn’t great by any means, but he completed 61% of his passes (some guys had some ugly drops especially McMath), was our leading rusher, showed great pocket awareness, and didn’t even almost have a turnover.

All this with guys that won’t even be on a NFL practice squad in a month. Heck, he didn’t even have scrubs like Tolbert or Turpin to throw to.
How many of his completed passes were easy for the receivers to catch? I’d imagine less than 50% of those. Just no feel on putting the ball where the receiver needs it

Sydla

Reaction score

We should probably also stop reading Lance analysis from the Dak haters too.

Because they certainly aren't going to be objective here either.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
We should probably also stop reading Lance analysis from the Dak haters too.

Because they certainly aren't going to be objective here either.
You don’t have the self control to not read it and responds though.

If you look at this thread you’ll see probably 30ish replies to me from well known Dak over Dallas fans that I didn’t even take the time to read let alone respond to their replies.

Thats what actual not caring about what they think looks like.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lance didn’t make basic 10 yard in cut throws with accuracy. Guys had to reach down or jump to catch them.

Dak’s biggest problem at times is not leading the receiver. Lance was worse than any game Dak has had in that category.

There are so many people I wanted to reply to...I'm really looking for people who say all the rookies played better than Lance......but I start here.

"
  • Michael Penix Jr.: The most surprising pick of the NFL draft delivered a performance in line with expectations from his college days. With Kirk Cousins sitting out and Penix getting the start for the Atlanta Falcons on Friday against the Miami Dolphins, the Heisman Trophy runner-up showed a knack for pushing the ball downfield – connecting with Chris Blair on a 41-yard gain – while missing out on other looks due to erratic ball placement."

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nfl-preseason-winners-losers-caleb-120655596.html

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Compared to the rookie 1st rounders we saw this weekend, Lance was bad. He should have stayed in college another year. It’s not going to happen.
  • Michael Penix Jr.: The most surprising pick of the NFL draft delivered a performance in line with expectations from his college days. With Kirk Cousins sitting out and Penix getting the start for the Atlanta Falcons on Friday against the Miami Dolphins, the Heisman Trophy runner-up showed a knack for pushing the ball downfield – connecting with Chris Blair on a 41-yard gain – while missing out on other looks due to erratic ball placement."

kskboys

Reaction score
There are so many people I wanted to reply to...I'm really looking for people who say all the rookies played better than Lance......but I start here.

"

Oooopsy!!!!

RonnieT24

Reaction score
How did the 9ers think he would be?
I heard they fell in love with the tape against those 1-AA guys and thought it projected into the NFL in Shanahan's system. He has some tools but as I've said a million times.. there are a million guys in the world who can run fast and throw the ball a country mile. But of that million only about 3 of them can actually play QB in the NFL. Shanahan and Lynch should have known this.. So should Jerry and Stephen.. I bet you McCarthy knows.. but McCarthy is doing what he is being paid to do.. coach the kid.. Let's hope he develops into at least a decent backup or maybe a Taysom Hill type weapon.

RonnieT24

Reaction score

Isn't that Tom House? Or whoever it is that Dak starting learning the sideline hip dance with..

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I heard they fell in love with the tape against those 1-AA guys and thought it projected into the NFL in Shanahan's system. He has some tools but as I've said a million times.. there are a million guys in the world who can run fast and throw the ball a country mile. But of that million only about 3 of them can actually play QB in the NFL. Shanahan and Lynch should have known this.. So should Jerry and Stephen.. I bet you McCarthy knows.. but McCarthy is doing what he is being paid to do.. coach the kid.. Let's hope he develops into at least a decent backup or maybe a Taysom Hill type weapon.
If that gets him on the field to use his athletic ability. Do it. And get him some passes worked in there as well.

Flamma

Reaction score
Jordan Love apparently learned something watching all those years.
He absolutely sucked any time he made an appearance. All the way up to mid way through last season. I'm not even sold on him yet. Not sure which player we're going to see.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Trey Lance looked like a true athletic force on the field. His wheels are no joke, and his ability to move could give defenses nightmares. His athleticism is undeniable, and he has the potential to be a real dual-threat QB. That has to be what enticed the 49ers to draft him so high. However, as impressive as his physical skills are, there's no getting around the fact that his passing game needs serious refinement. Lance has to find that touch on his passes and improve his accuracy to truly maximize his potential. If he can get that right, he could be a real problem for opposing teams.

People keep mentioning that Trey Lance is in his fourth year and no longer a rookie, and while that's technically true, he still has very little game experience. In that sense, he's almost like a rookie.

Before anyone twists my words, I'm not claiming he was amazing or the next franchise QB—I'm just saying the kid deserves a fair shot.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
He absolutely sucked any time he made an appearance. All the way up to mid way through last season. I'm not even sold on him yet. Not sure which player we're going to see.
It is kinda funny that people have fallen in love with Love.. pun intended. With the way the Cowboys defense played against him I could have completed a 70% of my passes and a couple of TDs. He had guys running butt naked in the secondary all day and virtually no pressure from our "tired" pass rush. This season will be his chance to show and prove but a nice 5-6 game hot streak should by no means have warranted a 50 million dollar a year raise. But that's the Packers' problem not mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.