Latest from Ed Werder...Stewart relieved of playcalling duties

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
theebs;2361324 said:
Name one play where owens caught a short pass and broke a tackle, just one.

and didnt he drop wide open passes two out of the last three games on shallow crosses.....?

I'm on your side. I happen to believe Red has a future coaching our favorite team. I'm just trying to figure out how these crazy debates always disintegrate into a TO discussion.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;2361341 said:
Really? We only scored twice and one was in garbage time. The offense has been horrible the last two weeks. And the whole, lets keep running left when running right has been our bread and butter for a long time wasnt good.

Jason Garrett currently tops the Most Overrated Cowboy List right behind Chris Canty and Tank Johnson.

I still don't agree w/ you. Jason isn't throwing the ints and fumbles all game long. Our players are not producing like they once were. Why? Im not sure. I do think we need to run the ball more and develop that part of the game plan more. I think red knows that running will open up the pass. He can be stubborn though. I agree w/ that assessment.

You think Jason just trashed last years model and tore it up? I think he has tweaked some thing but also wants to get plays in for players strengths.

This team has far to many turn over. Our WR's dropping passes aren't helping his game plan at all either.

I just disagree I guess. I can do that. =)

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
theebs;2361324 said:

and didnt he drop wide open passes two out of the last three games on shallow crosses.....?

Are you trying to say that RAC yardage isnt a huge part of Owen's game? i can think of one where he did it on a post and another on a WR screen just off the top of my head.

Coakleys Dad

The Re-Birth has begun.
Reaction score
Bleu Star;2361364 said:
I'm on your side. I happen to believe Red has a future coaching our favorite team. I'm just trying to figure out how these crazy debates always disintegrate into a TO discussion.
doent every thread?

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;2361369 said:
Are you trying to say that RAC yardage isnt a huge part of Owen's game? i can think of one where he did it on a post and another on a WR screen just off the top of my head.

We're here, in the NOW. Not three weeks ago. Welcome back.............

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Coakleys Dad;2361374 said:
doent every thread?

It's no secret here that I am the first to jump up and defend Owens. I think that if this team is going to take it to the next level he is going to be a big part of that happening. It just amazes me when someone goes to the TO card in a discussion that had absolutely nothing to do with him in the first place. The guy can't win even while fast asleep. :enough:

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
theebs;2361324 said:

Look, we know TO doesn't have the greatest hands, but two of those drops really were off target. Yes he did get his hands on it, but he had to go low and behind to get it. He is much better when he has to go up to get a pass, or reach out in front to get it. Not so good when he has to reach behind or go low.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Paniolo22;2361399 said:
Look, we know TO doesn't have the greatest hands, but two of those drops really were off target. Yes he did get his hands on it, but he had to go low and behind to get it. He is much better when he has to go up to get a pass, or reach out in front to get it. Not so good when he has to reach behind or go low.

Those passes are tough to catch for any receiver...good hands or no.

Kilyin

Reaction score
PFT...

COWBOYS COORDINATOR STEWART ON THE HOT SEAT

Posted by Michael David Smith on October 20, 2008, 9:26 p.m.

There are indications out of Dallas that Cowboys defensive coordinator Brian Stewart is in danger of being stripped of his responsibilities in calling the defense, or fired outright.

Cowboys coach Wade Phillips said today that he’s going to take it upon himself to make changes on defense.

I am going to make some changes as far as what we do and how we do it,” Phillips said. “We are looking at personnel, but there are not a whole lot of personnel changes I think we need to make. I think it’s what we do with the personnel and how we are utilizing the players abilities and what they are doing.”

So if changes need to be made and they can’t be made in personnel, will they be made in coaching? Phillips wouldn’t get specific, but he did say of the defensive game plan, “That’s part of what we’re doing. That’s part of what we’re evaluating.”

Cowboys defensive tackle Tank Johnson said he thinks the Cowboys need to run fewer plays out of fewer formations.

“Bottom line is we are trying to do too many things,” Johnson said, per the team’s official web site.

Stewart was an assistant on the Chargers’ staff from 2004 to 2006, when Phillips was San Diego’s defensive coordinator, and Phillips brought him along when he took the Cowboys job in 2007. But giving up 34 points to the Rams might have been enough to make Phillips lose confidence in Stewart.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
No offense but.... why do people keep sourcing PFT as if it is some credible news source?

I don't get it. That trash site is wrong more often than it is even close to right.

No offense.

mmohican29

Reaction score
I still say its the players. Wade/Stewart comandeered a decent d in San Diego. IMO, if Wade ends up getting fired then clearly it WAS the players.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Kilyin;2361485 said:
PFT...

There are indications out of Dallas that Cowboys defensive coordinator Brian Stewart is in danger of being stripped of his responsibilities in calling the defense, or fired outright.

Cowboys coach Wade Phillips said today that he’s going to take it upon himself to make changes on defense.
*****​

“Cowboys defensive tackle Tank Johnson said he thinks the Cowboys need to run fewer plays out of fewer formations.

“Bottom line is we are trying to do too many things,” Johnson said, per the team’s official web site.

First of all, SHUT YOUR MOUTH, TANK!!!!
Second, I was not aware, Tank, that you knew how to run an offense.
No surprise on Stew. He is way over his head. Jerra knows it.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Dallas;2361490 said:
No offense but.... why do people keep sourcing PFT as if it is some credible news source?

I don't get it. That trash site is wrong more often than it is even close to right.

No offense.

B/c they got the story off the DC web site? Look at the article again-they linked that story off the DC web site.

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
CactusCowboy;2360161 said:
I at least believe it is fair to allow me to respond to my post ripping and then I will leave.

1. I have been a fan all my life, lived right next door to Ermel Allen when I was growing up. I went to plenty of team meetings back then.

2. I cheered the Cowboys in thier 1-15 season.

3. I would hardly call me a bandwagon fan.

4. I have lived in Arizona for the past 13 years and go to several games, so rooting for the Crdinals is not a stretch.

5. Most of the ruder responses are obviously from younger Cowboy fans acting more like Raider fans.

You will never here from me again.

CC, although I haven't always agreed with your views regarding the Cowboys (this especially being one of those times), I have at least respected you for it. I think it was wrong that several members here had attacked you for simply venting in the manner with which you did - but I'm certain you're aware that they're not speaking for all of us.

Regardless, I respect your decision to switch your allegiance (even though I cannot agree with it) and wish you well with your new team.

Good luck.

PS: Why is your response posted under this Ed Werder thread?

Edit: Nevermind, Hos explained that CC posted this under the Ed Werder thread (for reasons I'm sure that only he can explain).

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;2361661 said:
First of all, SHUT YOUR MOUTH, TANK!!!!
Second, I was not aware, Tank, that you knew how to run an offense.
No surprise on Stew. He is way over his head. Jerra knows it.

I initially thought (and still hope) and was referring to the defensive formations and play calling when he made that statement.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Draegerman;2361679 said:
CC, although I haven't always agreed with your views regarding the Cowboys (this especially being one of those times), I have at least respected you for it. I think it was wrong that several members here had attacked you for simply venting in the manner with which you did - but I'm certain you're aware that they're not speaking for all of us.

Regardless, I respect your decision to switch your allegiance (even though I cannot agree with it) and wish you well with your new team.

Good luck.

PS: Why is your response posted under this Ed Werder thread?

The mods merged it because most likely, like most of us, they were tired of him trying to prop himself up as some hairy chested beast by creating a new thread just to rebut the replies to his first ******** "i'm leaving" thread.

Why he didn't just reply to the numerous replies in his original post is beyond comprehension.

I can't explain why it wasn't merged with his original post instead of this one. They probably didn't want to see his original lame post float back to the top. heh

This is all speculation. The revolution will not be televised. Good night.