Latest from Ed Werder...Stewart relieved of playcalling duties

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
Mr Cowboy;2360667 said:
If true, I wonder if Wade relented to Jerry's wishes or this was solely a Wade decision.
Nothing is ever " Wade's decision "

You know how this went down. Coach Jerry asked some of the defensive players what the problem is. They said, Stewart doesn't listen. We want to play man to man, be more aggressive, etc.

Coach Jerry then went to puppet Wade and said, " I'm demoting Stewart. You are going to do what I brought you here for ! "

bigE79

Reaction score
trickblue;2360656 said:
ESPN'S Ed Werder reports that Brian Stewart has been relieved of his duties as Defensive Coordinator of the Dallas Cowboys. Head coach Wade Phillips will handle the play-calling in place of Stewart.
:eek:hboy: EXCELLENT

HighTechDave

7 Years of College Down the Drain
Reaction score
if Stewert is gone, it will make it easier for Garrett to take over without backstabbers behind.

"Off with his Head"!!!!!!

Boysboy

Reaction score
ddh33;2360687 said:
With all due respect to Stewart, this is a good thing.

Maybe these 2 losses MAY have been a GOOD thing?

Really-if we had won these last 2, Brian would have likely kept his duties(i.e. winning covers up EVERYTHING).

Who knows what happens late in the year when Stew's ugly rear-end really gets exposed? We'll be screwed.

yrades

Reaction score
Unfortunate, but it had to be done imho. Now Wade knows he is now on the hot seat. I'm sure this came from Jerry, but it had to. Wade is next, make no mistake. He has two game to show why he is the head coach. He's next, if he doesn't show improvement. The bye week is when Garrett will become our new head coach, if we lose the next two games. I like Wade, I really do, but I also like winnie the pooh and sponge bob, doesn't mean I want them to be our head coach.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Wait, is Wade still the HC and Jerry still the GM?

"Yes."

Ok, back to the bottle.

VegasMalone

Reaction score
Its too bad we missed on DOM CAPER!!!!

PLus, has anyone noticed how good Miami's OLine is playing? is Houck past his prime because I dont remember our OLine playing this bad in a loooong time

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
yrades;2360704 said:
Unfortunate, but it had to be done imho. Now Wade knows he is now on the hot seat. I'm sure this came from Jerry, but it had to. Wade is next, make no mistake. He has two game to show why he is the head coach. He's next, if he doesn't show improvement. The bye week is when Garrett will become our new head coach, if we lose the next two games. I like Wade, I really do, but I also like winnie the pooh and sponge bob, doesn't mean I want them to be our head coach.

Sponge Bob would knock the opponents over by squirting water at them and Pooh would stop them by throwing honey on them.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Wade said it out his own mouth earlier today that he would be calling the D...

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
trickblue;2360656 said:
ESPN'S Ed Werder reports that Brian Stewart has been relieved of his duties as Defensive Coordinator of the Dallas Cowboys. Head coach Wade Phillips will handle the play-calling in place of Stewart.

Like many of us said earlier... heads have got to roll. Step one has been taken. :bravo:

Now make no mistake... Wade has already been given the illustrious vote of confidence. He has two games at best to right the ship. If the defense comes out looking the way it has looked in the past couple of weeks and we continue to lose we will be reading about Wade's early vacation plans going into the bye week. Book that.

MrMom

Reaction score
trickblue;2360656 said:

Link?

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
I am not going to go back and read every post here, but I cant freaking believe that Stewart FINALLY gets yanked for being horrible, and there are actually people in here saying its a bad thing because maybe Jerry forced him (Wade) to do it????

Are you people freaking serious? Have you not watched 10 seconds of this defense this year?

Who the hell cares who, why or how it happened, it NEEDED to happen. Stewart was an awful hire in the first place, and has been downright pathetic this season.

Dodger12

Reaction score
RainMan;2360678 said:
That's my question, too. But like Hostile said, I like this (for many reasons), but especially if it was Wade's decision. To put the bulls eye on his own chest is a ballsy move, which is something this team needs.

Why is it the playcalling? Wasn't this supposed to be the coach that put the players in a aposition to succeed? Now it's the playbook?

Wade just bought himself some more time without addressing what the real problem on this team is...and that's the HC who doesn't instill discipline, and by doing so, affirms to the whole team who the boss is, on and off the field. If after two years under Wade we need to simplify the D and take over playcalling, then he's failed even more miserably than I thought.