Latest Jaylon Smith tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proof

Reaction score
yeesh what is this a witch hunt? I just wanted to get in on the guessing.

every body seems to have varying degrees of certainty on one side or the other and I wanted to jump in

no mocking, just boredom. for what it's worth though I'm riding with fuzzy, doc etc... and feel like there's some secrecy going on and

things have progressed more than we're privvy

waldoputty

Reaction score
@Proof were you mocking the posters in this thread offering their speculation?

@Trouty - mocking is a lot better than never-ending circular arguments.

How about talking about something more interesting.
I cannot get an answer on this while the circular arguments have hijacked the thread.

My theory about Jaylon is that he is recovering but may or may not recover adequately by late in the season.
So the Cowboys may have to gamble a roster spot on him, and thus it would be logical to wait till the last possible day in case of injuries.

However there is still the issue of the knee injury.
Some players do not come back the same after ACL, losing a step or half-a-step.
That could be turn the 4.4 sec generational type player into a more ordinary player.

Do you (or anyone) have any performance statistics for people recovering from ACL in the 1st year and 2nd year?

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
yeesh what is this a witch hunt? I just wanted to get in on the guessing.

every body seems to have varying degrees of certainty on one side or the other and I wanted to jump in

no mocking, just boredom. for what it's worth though I'm riding with fuzzy, doc etc... and feel like there's some secrecy going on and

things have progressed more than we're privvy

Fair enough, my brudda. Apologies.

I'm in hyper-defense mode in this thread cuz some awesome posters have been derided for merely offering speculation based off of hours and hours of research into the subject, just so other Cowboys fans could have some insight on the varying degree of his injury and rehab, alike. Even tho it's speculation, it's bulletin board material for a site that is for our Cowboys, and Jaylen is our biggest off-field prospect (probably higher than Gregory, due to Gregory's propensity to piss hot).

Sorry I came at you sideways, my man.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
@Trouty - mocking is a lot better than never-ending circular arguments.

How about talking about something more interesting.
I cannot get an answer on this while the circular arguments have hijacked the thread.

My theory about Jaylon is that he is recovering but may or may not recover adequately by late in the season.
So the Cowboys may have to gamble a roster spot on him, and thus it would be logical to wait till the last possible day in case of injuries.

However there is still the issue of the knee injury.
Some players do not come back the same after ACL, losing a step or half-a-step.
That could be turn the 4.4 sec generational type player into a more ordinary player.

Do you (or anyone) have any performance statistics for people recovering from ACL in the 1st year and 2nd year?

I don't, but Waldo, that might be a good thread to start. Strictly speaking of rehab off ACL tears for young athletes, and how they return.

I imagine it's like Jone's Fractures and the like, every athlete recoups to a varying degree, some fully, others not so much. (Completely anecdotal)

Start a thread up, Waldo, and put a disclaimer in it that it's about his knee and not nerve.

waldoputty

Reaction score
I don't, but Waldo, that might be a good thread to start. Strictly speaking of rehab off ACL tears for young athletes, and how they return.

I imagine it's like Jone's Fractures and the like, every athlete recoups to a varying degree, some fully, others not so much. (Completely anecdotal)

Start a thread up, Waldo, and put a disclaimer in it that it's about his knee and not nerve.

I thought about it and will probably do it.
Just dont want to start a concurrent thread of never-ending arguments :facepalm:

Little Jr

Reaction score
Perhaps "you" should just appreciate their perspective and then go ahead and assign your own likelihoods based on whatever it is you decide what makes the most sense without taking issue with anything at all. Why should a poster being a doctor, or reading up on a reported injury for that matter, give you anything whatsoever to take issue with anyway?

For the record, unless I've missed them, there's been zero offering of medical updates here, only posters talking about likely outcomes based on medical generalities from similar injuries.

Also for the record, your assumption that we'd have heard of specific medical changes is not a good one in my book. Significant medical information about players on NFI or pup lists is missed or not reported or underreported or gotten flat wrong all the time.
There are a few Dr Google's on here that try to use medical words to impress lol. JMO.

Little Jr

Reaction score
Its a pretty simple. His nerve fires and the foot drop ends and he becomes the player he was in college. His nerve doesn't fire and he won't be close to what he was in college and it was a waisted pick.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Its a pretty simple. His nerve fires and the foot drop ends and he becomes the player he was in college. His nerve doesn't fire and he won't be close to what he was in college and it was a waisted pick.

Actually according to experts I spoke to, there are many possibilities in between.
The muscle in the foot may not work as well, and the knee may not work as well.
The doc did say the outcome is predictable given rehab and meeting milestones, for what that is worth.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There are a few Dr Google's on here that try to use medical words to impress lol. JMO.

From what I've seen, there are posters who'll spend the time trying to understand the issues involved so they can discuss them. Sometimes people don't like that for whatever reason, but let's be honest here, we're not seeing anybody passing off googled information as if they were an MD hoping that would impress anybody. We're seeing either a, real doctors who happen to be Cowboys fans offering their fan opinions based off of the information available or b, smart dudes who've looked up information in an attempt to understand it who share their opinions with us based on that, making it clear they're not doctors and their opinions are based in internet research.

Nothing wrong with either of those types of posts that I can see.

Status
Not open for further replies.