Latest Jaylon Smith tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Hey trouty I am pretty new to this board. I have not seen a thread like this before. Have you seen many? We are at 11k views and appear to be no where near closure lol

This is a pretty decent one, but there have been many many others that destroy this in replies and views. Stilll, a pretty damn large discussion has evolved here. Rightfully so, Jaylon is a big deal.

Good job @waldoputty, my bud. :)

rkell87

Reaction score
So I'm listening to the joe rogan experience podcast episode #720 with tait fletcher and he is talking about his own experience with drop foot and he says he is constantly rolling his ankle to the outside and a lot of post fully healed problems. It's about 2:05:00 in if anybody is interested, it's an interesting episode overall, this guy is former seal team six and holds the horizontal distance wing suit record.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
So I'm listening to the joe rogan experience podcast episode #720 with tait fletcher and he is talking about his own experience with drop foot and he says he is constantly rolling his ankle to the outside and a lot of post fully healed problems. It's about 2:05:00 in if anybody is interested, it's an interesting episode overall, this guy is former seal team six and holds the horizontal distance wing suit record.

He's having issues post surgery? How long ago was the surgery. Interesting, thanks for the feedback, Rkell.

waldoputty

Reaction score
This is a pretty decent one, but there have been many many others that destroy this in replies and views. Stilll, a pretty damn large discussion has evolved here. Rightfully so, Jaylon is a big deal.

Good job @waldoputty, my bud. :)

Would be nice we can move onto discussing the recovery instead of arguing in circles...

waldoputty

Reaction score

Yes please provide the link if handy
thanks

Make sense there could be problems with rolling his ankle if one loses control of that muscle.
Seal team 6 is pretty demanding so not a bad comp depending on age difference...

rkell87

Reaction score

rkell87

Reaction score
the bullet can affect the nerve long term then?
That's not the impression I got but it's brief, maybe three minutes of all his injuries but they spent a good portion of that on the drop foot. He was saying the bullet was incapsulated by calcium and the nerve grew back at 1 millimeter a day and the nerve fired and he went back to combat and to this day every so often he hears his foot hit heavy (he has no feeling below the knee) and a percentage of those times ends up in a roll.

waldoputty

Reaction score
That's not the impression I got but it's brief, maybe three minutes of all his injuries but they spent a good portion of that on the drop foot. He was saying the bullet was incapsulated by calcium and the nerve grew back at 1 millimeter a day and the nerve fired and he went back to combat and to this day every so often he hears his foot hit heavy (he has no feeling below the knee) and a percentage of those times ends up in a roll.

I will listen to it. If the bullet was not removed but remained close to the nerve, that could be an issue.
Strange why they did not remove it.
1mm/day is the same as what Jaylon's doctors said.
If the nerve was damaged near the hip, that is a long long way to regenerate and would be a big difference.
In comparison, Jaylon's nerve only had to regrow 6 inches.

waldoputty

Reaction score
He's having issues post surgery? How long ago was the surgery. Interesting, thanks for the feedback, Rkell.

the injury was at the hip instead of at the knee.
that is a huge difference in the amount of regeneration needed.

sounds like the other posters went to bed.
i am in CA so still up.
where are you?

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
the injury was at the hip instead of at the knee.
that is a huge difference in the amount of regeneration needed.

sounds like the other posters went to bed.
i am in CA so still up.
where are you?

CA, Waldo.

If this is a different kind of injury (gun shot wound to a different body part), I don't see how this is applicable... but then again, I've been getting on others for decrying speculation, so I would be a hypocrite to do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.