Latest Jaylon Smith tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Piggybacking off my comment yesterday before he tweeted that he visited the bank. Got a chance to speak with his family member who said "this is a redshirt year for Jaylon, but he will be back". Apparently Jaylon was told after the draft to do everything possible to train, learn, and get ready for next year. I assume the source is credible since he speaks to Jaylon on regular basis.. And is a golden glove boxer in Indiana.

Not saying he's been ruled out for '16, but just relaying information.

So the Cowboys either did not think Jaylon will make it back in 2016 (resonable) or do not want Jaylon to put too much pressure on himself.

A healthy Jaylon would be an unbelieveable coup for the team.
Even if he does not make it all the way back, hope he can at least lead a normal life without the brace etc.

Broges74

JerryJonesMustGo
Reaction score
Piggybacking off my comment yesterday before he tweeted that he visited the bank. Got a chance to speak with his family member who said "this is a redshirt year for Jaylon, but he will be back". Apparently Jaylon was told after the draft to do everything possible to train, learn, and get ready for next year. I assume the source is credible since he speaks to Jaylon on regular basis.. And is a golden glove boxer in Indiana.

Not saying he's been ruled out for '16, but just relaying information.
Realistically, next season would be the target. I still doubt Jaylon would tell his banker anything more than he'd tell the press but his family would and you'd be smart to bet that he is telling it like he hears it.

What I'd like to hear is an update about where he is with the nerve.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Wow, I was only gone for 3 hours...

If there is a video of Jaylon walking definitively without the brace, I would have given this thread a different title.

Perhaps "Countdown to Jaylon's return" instead of "Latest Jaylon Smith tweet"

The thread was created for people who wish to guess what is going on.
Most people are smart enough to know it is for what it is.

The thread is ambiguously titled "Latest Jaylon Smith tweet."

waldoputty

Reaction score
Realistically, next season would be the target. I still doubt Jaylon would tell his banker anything more than he'd tell the press but his family would and you'd be smart to bet that he is telling it like he hears it.

LOL, a number of us have been try to speculate on the nerve based on the pictures...
There has been no medical update from the Cowboys medical people.
Just on the rehab

waldoputty

Reaction score
The thread is ambiguously titled "Latest Jaylon Smith tweet."

You are welcome to your opinion.
However the opening post was pretty short and simple that leaves little room for imagination beyond Jaylon's tweet:
"Redemption

Good grief"

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
There is no 100% proof.
He could have removed the brace, but note that he was wearing his shoes.
The brace is also not see anywhere in the picture.
Again, this thread was created for speculation and for people to add new ideas.
The possibility that the brace could have been removed and out of the field of view of the camera is an obvious possibility.
If there was 100% proof, this thread may have been titled "Best draft in team history, Jaylon is back soon"

There is no woman in the picture either. Should we then assume the two girls were born via immaculate conception?

Curiously, there's also no toilet in the picture. Should we now assume Jaylon doesn't use the bathroom until proven otherwise?

He's also not wearing his football uniform. Is it safe to assume he's given up on football?

C'mon maayne.

waldoputty

Reaction score
There is no woman in the picture either. Should we then assume the two girls were born via immaculate conception?

Curiously, there's also no toilet in the picture. Should we now assume Jaylon doesn't use the bathroom until proven otherwise?

He's also not wearing his football uniform. Is it safe to assume he's given up on football?

C'mon maayne.

We were told that he needed the brace all of the time and could not walk without it.
If he only needs the brace some of the time -> some nerve recovery

So in the scenario that he still needs it 100% time to walk, he would have had the brace with him while playing with the kids.

If he needs the brace to walk at all, it is highly unlikely that the brace would have been removed from his immediate vicinity.
So the brace could have been (1) on his leg, (2) removed and placed in front of him, or (3) removed and placed in back of him. Case 2 and 3 are equally likely.
The picture shows no brace on his leg or placed in front of him.

Since case 2 did not happen and is equally likely as case 3, our odds are at least 50-50.
Since case 1 is possible, our odds are better than 50-50.
Simple process of elimination.

100% proof, no.
Some statistical significance, yes.

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
Dr. Cooper did not go as far as you claim. He's optimistic but was clear not to guarantee full recovery as sure thing.

We can't guarantee anything. The cases of this type that don't reach full recovery despite the early progress are those whose rehab isn't comprehensive or complete.

He's already regained some dorsiflexion strength, no longer has foot drop, and his push-off is almost full.

Worry is self-defeating behavior -- we should save the stress for things like childbirth.

waldoputty

Reaction score
We can't guarantee anything. The cases of this type that don't reach full recovery despite the early progress are those whose rehab isn't comprehensive or complete.

He's already regained some dorsiflexion strength, no longer has foot drop, and his push-off is almost full.

Worry is self-defeating behavior -- we should save the stress for things like childbirth.

Doc,

Where did you get the dorsiflexion and foot drop info?

Thanks

Maxmadden

Reaction score

That which you fear the most, will meet you half the way.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

C'mon maayne.

He is fully dressed and playing with kids. Your counter examples are just nonsense.

We aren't shown a picture requiring a woman be present. We aren't shown a picture where a toilet is needed. We are seeing a picture where he would need his brace.

Wood

Reaction score

you wont get update on nerve unless it starts firing again. If it doesn't fire Dallas will not come out with an announcement...it will just be quiet.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

Lol, "we..."

Feel free to provide a shred of substantial evidence for any of that?

Last edited:

waldoputty

Reaction score
you wont get update on nerve unless it starts firing again. If it doesn't fire Dallas will not come out with an announcement...it will just be quiet.

If I were the Cowboys and Jaylon was recovering in time for later this season, I would wait till he is near full recovery before an announcement.
I have talked to nerve regeneration experts, and the gold standard for nerve regeneration is functional recovery.
For example, how many times the muscle can exert a certain amount of force.

If that is late this year and I were the Cowboys, I would wait until Randy Gregory status is known.
If knock-on-wood Gregory does not relapse and Jaylon recovers, I would announce it at the same time.
Now that would be a PR mega-hit, the city would go nuts, this board may crash.

NFL tv ratings are down - they need something like this.
Jerry and Mcclay would be conquering heros and may win more than Exec of the Year.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
He is fully dressed and playing with kids. Your counter examples are just nonsense.

We aren't shown a picture requiring a woman be present. We aren't shown a picture where a toilet is needed. We are seeing a picture where he would need his brace.

You don't need a brace when you're sitting down. And he's not "playing with his nieces." Rather, he's posing in a picture with them. That's just more subtle and baseless assumption you keep extrapolating from nothing.

Your conclusion which stems from a picture in a private setting is dimwitted. There's a multitude of reasons why he wouldn't be wearing a brace at that moment. Presuming he's healed based on the fact he's not wearing one at the moment is glib.

waldoputty

Reaction score
You don't need a brace when you're sitting down. And he's not "playing with his nieces." Rather, he's posing in a picture with them. That's just more subtle and baseless assumption you keep extrapolating from nothing.

Your conclusion which stems from a picture in a private setting is dimwitted. There's a multitude of reasons why he wouldn't be wearing a brace at that moment. Presuming he's healed based on the fact he's not wearing one at the moment is glib.

There is no 100% certainty in this.

This is simple analysis based on incomplete information.
Used to do this for a job all the time.

Jaylon could not previously walk at all without the brace.
If you have had clutches before, you should remember that you would want the clutches to be within your reach ALL THE TIME.
Simple human psychology.

No one is presuming he is healed.
Based on available information, I would say better than 50-50 that Jaylon may be walking around without a brace at least some of the time.
That would be progress because it would mean the nerve has got to the muscle.

Even if the nerve gets to the muscle, it is not complete recovery and not 100% sure he will be the same player again. Based on public information of 1 inch per month and 1 month delay, the nerve should have gotten there by now. It is now a matter of how much function is recovered, how hard Jaylon works and some luck.

Wood

Reaction score
We were told that he needed the brace all of the time and could not walk without it.
If he only needs the brace some of the time -> some nerve recovery

So in the scenario that he still needs it 100% time to walk, he would have had the brace with him while playing with the kids.

If he needs the brace to walk at all, it is highly unlikely that the brace would have been removed from his immediate vicinity.
So the brace could have been (1) on his leg, (2) removed and placed in front of him, or (3) removed and placed in back of him. Case 2 and 3 are equally likely.
The picture shows no brace on his leg or placed in front of him.

Since case 2 did not happen and is equally likely as case 3, our odds are at least 50-50.
Since case 1 is possible, our odds are better than 50-50.
Simple process of elimination.

100% proof, no.
Some statistical significance, yes.

People with any type of disability will often take devices off at home to give themselves breather from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.