Latest Vegas Super Bowl Odds--How We Stack Up (NFCE Bolded)

mcmvp

Reaction score
How do the 9-7 Eagles have a better chance at winning the SB than the 10-6 Cowboys?

You can’t possibly believe that Vegas sets the odds each year just based off the previous season’s records?

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Youngest starting team in the league last season. And we went to the second round of the playoffs could you imagine the experience alone. I don't care about Vegas there about making money they don't really care about true standings. Go Cowboys

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I can't wait until the Bears flop this year...every year there is a team that does. They are so overrated. They will be luck to be 8-8 this year. Trubisky isn't that good and he doesn't have any weapons around him. I think a lot of their players on defense had career years. It is very rare for defenses to be #1 in back to back years. Khalil Mack is VERY good but he is not the best defensive player in the league. Not sure he is even top 5 (Donald, Watt, Miller, Kuechly, Leonard all better). Remember how they choked against the Sheagles last year?
Although,the flip side to your well reasoned & quite possibly true views,there homie,,,would be that of Chicago's defensive unit continues to solidify/grow ,in an off worldly Borg-like football fashion of truly premier proportions.

*there's something to that ol' "practice makes perfect" adageo_O
How do the 9-7 Eagles have a better chance at winning the SB than the 10-6 Cowboys?
,,,:huh:,,, it briefly struck up a quandary within my wheelhouse as well,JoeKing:starspin:

TwentyOne

Reaction score

The eagles shored up their already good defense thru FA. They signed a very good DT to play opposite Cox. They also got some good LB and secondary depth players.

They also had a good draft picking up a tackle, which should give them their new LT after Peters retires. Right now he will be great depth to have. They also got an very good RB ind the 2nd round and a good possetion WR.

Wentz has all the tools to be one of the next great QBs. The offense runs thru him already. He is now removed over one year from his ACL (and MCL ?) tear. That time is usally the time it takes for thar kind of injury to let the player be back to full strength.

If Wentz can stay healthy with all the weapons he has on offense (Jackson is also back as a deep threat) and with that defense dont take the Girls for a gimmey.

Number1

Reaction score
They do have a dysfunctional front office, tbat's why I was so surprised when they murdered the draft. They had the best draft in the league.

Haven't looked close at any other team's draft. IMO, we came out like bandits in the draft!

Cooper, will star

Hill, will play
* in rotation with Collins, Covington, and maybe Irving ;) ... we won't be allowing 270y on the ground again soon
* they learn slow but fixed a huge issue in the D, now we'll get a near full time 4-2 that can stop the run

McGovern, at the very least provides athletic depth to our weakest unit

Pollard, will play, adds immediate fire power
* this kid is everything we wished Austin, Lucky, and Dunbar were, and study enough to stay on the field
* a roll player yes, but an absolutely prototype at it, blazing fast with the ball in his hands

Jackson, will play, a game read press CB right now
* like Anthony Brown it's amazing to get a DB with this much talent late in the draft

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
The eagles shored up their already good defense thru FA. They signed a very good DT to play opposite Cox. They also got some good LB and secondary depth players.

They also had a good draft picking up a tackle, which should give them their new LT after Peters retires. Right now he will be great depth to have. They also got an very good RB ind the 2nd round and a good possetion WR.

Wentz has all the tools to be one of the next great QBs. The offense runs thru him already. He is now removed over one year from his ACL (and MCL ?) tear. That time is usally the time it takes for thar kind of injury to let the player be back to full strength.

If Wentz can stay healthy with all the weapons he has on offense (Jackson is also back as a deep threat) and with that defense dont take the Girls for a gimmey.
I can 'Copy' on their upgraded future force projection paper report,,,er,,, but,Whose their back up stooge at the Q.B. position? (as,he's more likely to be the starter by week number 6 of this season,,,,so,,, orient yer' ouija boards to the nightime light of the football star& feather dust not yer' shelved magic 8ball,,,for the footballish Feudian foresight foresees forthwith the future flaming feathers of Philly's fratricidal demise,,,o_O)

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Haven't looked close at any other team's draft. IMO, we came out like bandits in the draft!

Cooper, will star

Hill, will play
* in rotation with Collins, Covington, and maybe Irving ;) ... we won't be allowing 270y on the ground again soon
* they learn slow but fixed a huge issue in the D, now we'll get a near full time 4-2 that can stop the run

McGovern, at the very least provides athletic depth to our weakest unit

Pollard, will play, adds immediate fire power
* this kid is everything we wished Austin, Lucky, and Dunbar were, and study enough to stay on the field
* a roll player yes, but an absolutely prototype at it, blazing fast with the ball in his hands

Jackson, will play, a game read press CB right now
* like Anthony Brown it's amazing to get a DB with this much talent late in the draft

Ours was middle of the pack to below average

Pollard and Hill were reaches, while McGovern and Jackson were good value. Definitely not bandits unfortunately.

Washington had everything fall their way, ughhhhh.

mcmvp

Reaction score
I can 'Copy' on their upgraded future force projection paper report,,,er,,, but,Whose their back up stooge at the Q.B. position? (as,he's more likely to be the starter by week number 6 of this season,,,,so,,, orient yer' ouija boards to the nightime light of the football star& feather dust not yer' shelved magic 8ball,,,for the footballish Feudian foresight foresees forthwith the future flaming feathers of Philly's fratricidal demise,,,o_O)

This is the popular narrative with Wentz, and understandably so. He may be doomed to be an injury-proned QB. We really don’t know that as a fact though. There have been players that start their careers that way, but end up on a different note.

On the flip side, one thing many praise Dak for is his durability...3 full seasons in the books. People assume because he hasn’t missed a game that this will automatically be the case going forward. It could be him on IR in week 4 this year...we don’t know.

I get the current narratives...but they are just that.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The talent and depth on this roster is near the top of the league. Yet those are the odds. The experts are significantly discounting something...
The youngest starting team in the league. Inexperienced defense. The Rams game

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Just got back from Vegas and had a chance to talk football to some people. Many people think we are top three in talent on the field but that Garrett will never be able to coach this team to a win in a NFC championship game, let alone get to the Super Bowl.

The Commanders get no respect.

And since someone will ask, I dropped $500 on our Boys.

2020 Super Bowl odds to win:

Team 2018 Record Odds Chance to win Super Bowl
Patriots 11-5-0 AFC East +600 10.95%
Chiefs 12-4-0 AFC West +1000 6.97%
Rams 13-3-0 NFC West +1000 6.97%
Saints 13-3-0 NFC South +1200 5.90%
Bears 12-4-0 NFC North +1400 5.11%
Browns 7-8-1 AFC North +1400 5.11%
Colts 10-6-0 AFC South +1400 5.11%
Packers 6-9-1 NFC North +1600 4.51%
Chargers 12-4-0 AFC West +1600 4.51%

Eagles 9-7-0 NFC East +1600 4.51%
Falcons 7-9-0 NFC South +2500 2.95%
Cowboys 10-6-0 NFC East +2500 2.95%
Texans 11-5-0 AFC South +2500 2.95%
Vikings 8-7-1 NFC North +2500 2.95%
Steelers 9-6-1 AFC North +2500 2.95%
49ers 4-12-0 NFC West +2500 2.95%
Ravens 10-6-0 AFC North +3300 2.25%
Jaguars 5-11-0 AFC South +3300 2.25%
Seahawks 10-6-0 NFC West +3300 2.25%
Raiders 4-12-0 AFC West +4000 1.87%
Panthers 7-9-0 NFC South +5000 1.50%
Broncos 6-10-0 AFC West +5000 1.50%
Giants 5-11-0 NFC East +5000 1.50%
Jets 4-12-0 AFC East +5000 1.50%
Titans 9-7-0 AFC South +5000 1.50%
Bills 6-10-0 AFC East +6600 1.14%
Lions 6-10-0 NFC North +6600 1.14%
Bucs 5-11-0 NFC South +6600 1.14%
Cardinals 3-13-0 NFC West +8000 0.95%
Bengals 6-10-0 AFC North +10000 0.76%
Commanders 7-9-0 NFC East +10000 0.76%
Dolphins 7-9-0 AFC East +12500 0.61%

Cowboys and Colts need to be up above the Bears and then that top part looks pretty good to me.

DCowboyz

Reaction score
If you dropped $500 on $2500 over. You’d get $10,000 correct? Since $100 equals $2500. I’m bad with betting not going to lie.