Latest Vegas Super Bowl Odds--How We Stack Up (NFCE Bolded)

Little Jr

Reaction score
Wow, if the skins are seen as the second worst team they are going to shock A TON of people. They're much better than tha Giants.
I agree. I have them around 8-8 but they're one of this teams I can make an argument for being horrible but I could also see them as challenger for the east. They actually scare me more than the eagles. Not saying I think they're better but the unknown scares me.

uvaballa

Reaction score
No, very similiar. If you're projected for 6 wins, you're more likely to win the whole thing than a team projected for 3 wins. There's less variables for those teams. They are in the same division, you should know this.

Haskins has a better chance of catching fire than Eli.
The oddsmakers are factoring in things like schedule and injuries. So a team in a tough division and tough schedule may have less odds to win the SB over a weak team in a weak division and weak schedule.

A good example would be looking at the NBA. A team in the East might have better odds because it’s easier to get to the championship over a team like the Warriors in the West.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
the cowboys will be lucky if they make the playoffs lots of fans are agoing to be surprised how this season turns out vegas has them winning 8 and half games hope its better than this but I don't think it will be

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Same as the 49ers?

yDm0XYV.gif

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
The oddsmakers are factoring in things like schedule and injuries. So a team in a tough division and tough schedule may have less odds to win the SB over a weak team in a weak division and weak schedule.

A good example would be looking at the NBA. A team in the East might have better odds because it’s easier to get to the championship over a team like the Warriors in the West.

I agree with this, but the Giants and Skins play in the same division.

And the only difference in schedule is Wash playing Panthers and 9ers, while NY plays Bucs and Cards.

That's not a huge difference, correct?

But overall your point is good.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
As a former gambler, I’d like to point out that the “book odds” on football are not strictly based on how much the house believes in any particular team’s chances of winning; they’re calculated by the house predicting the odds which will produce the most action — both for and against — on all participating teams.

If the house sets the betting odds to the optimal point for each team, they clean up on every team — win or lose.
Well let me fire up my super powered brain......( clanking noises, some grinding, squealing like fan belt slipping, some backfires, and loud pops,then semi smooth whirring !)
Ok ...(computing sounds like on 60's computers, then a bell or 2 !)
Ok I see what your saying , and on a deal like this, the whole idea is to get fans of all teams to bet on their teams.
Knowing that only 1 of the 32 teams can win, they can keep all the money bet on 31 teams, and it should be enough to pay off the bettors on the 1 team that does
win , and still show a profit!
I see they have the real teams that have a good shot right at the top with the lower odds.
If enough people bet on all the teams they cant lose.
However if everyone or the bulk of the money was placed on NE, and NE wins again they might have a problem.
I think that is why cleveland is so high , to get a lot of hopeful cleveland fans to bet on them , even though odds of them winning are about like
winning the lottery.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
I can 'Copy' on their upgraded future force projection paper report,,,er,,, but,Whose their back up stooge at the Q.B. position? (as,he's more likely to be the starter by week number 6 of this season,,,,so,,, orient yer' ouija boards to the nightime light of the football star& feather dust not yer' shelved magic 8ball,,,for the footballish Feudian foresight foresees forthwith the future flaming feathers of Philly's fratricidal demise,,,o_O)

Well, ok. Hehe.

But i did write an "if" into my post. And thats of course a big if. I just wanted to show that with him this is a good football team.

Are they better then us ? Idk. Its just before camp. And really this is all offseason speculation which i dont care about alot. What happens on the field, thats what i am interessted in.

Btw we also have not alot to show for after Dak.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Well, ok. Hehe.

But i did write an "if" into my post. And thats of course a big if. I just wanted to show that with him this is a good football team.

Btw we also have not alot to show for after Dak.
Huge "COPY",,, on yer' pertinent points my Friend!:thumbup:

*but I'll be damned ,if I'll passively sit by& allow
" free Fecal face time" within the comforting confines of CASTLE DALLAS,,,ya know?o_O

DandyDon52

Reaction score
This is the popular narrative with Wentz, and understandably so. He may be doomed to be an injury-proned QB. We really don’t know that as a fact though. There have been players that start their careers that way, but end up on a different note.

On the flip side, one thing many praise Dak for is his durability...3 full seasons in the books. People assume because he hasn’t missed a game that this will automatically be the case going forward. It could be him on IR in week 4 this year...we don’t know.

I get the current narratives...but they are just that.
yeah dont know about 89, but Aikman got hurt in 90 and 91 missing large portion of seasons,then went thru 92 and 93 with few injuries.
But to me wentz is not very smart when running with the ball.
Dak is or seems to be possible the most sturdy QB in the NFL.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I agree. I have them around 8-8 but they're one of this teams I can make an argument for being horrible but I could also see them as challenger for the east. They actually scare me more than the eagles. Not saying I think they're better but the unknown scares me.
Yeah I see the skins as a potential surprise team making the playoffs,
last year they were I think 5-2 leading the div and beat dallas, then their qb got hurt and out for the season.
This year they have a 1st round rookie who wants to start ready to go in as qb, they could be the best 2 qbs on any team, looking at them as a duo.
They are getting some injured players back 1 is a rb that missed last season, plus APis back.
They had a good draft, so should be a strong competitor for the east div this season.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Me either? 25-1 seems awfully high? I would take that in a nano second!
I think that is what it is , bet 100 win 2500, but odds are you just lose the 100.
But if you think this might be the year, bet something!
might even bet on some other teams you think might make the SB.
The more teams you bet on the better your chance of winning something is.
Probably best to just bet on NE and KC though lol.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
I think that is what it is , bet 100 win 2500, but odds are you just lose the 100.
But if you think this might be the year, bet something!
might even bet on some other teams you think might make the SB.
The more teams you bet on the better your chance of winning something is.
Probably best to just bet on NE and KC though lol.
I bet $100 every year for them to win since 1992, which was the best win at 15-1 odds. Won in 93 and 95 too, but more like 4-1 odds those years.

Last year was the 1st time since then I didn't place my bet, hoping to break the streak. I'll be putting down a $100 this year, always to win the SB.

GenoT

Reaction score
Well let me fire up my super powered brain......( clanking noises, some grinding, squealing like fan belt slipping, some backfires, and loud pops,then semi smooth whirring !)
Ok ...(computing sounds like on 60's computers, then a bell or 2 !)
Ok I see what your saying , and on a deal like this, the whole idea is to get fans of all teams to bet on their teams.
Knowing that only 1 of the 32 teams can win, they can keep all the money bet on 31 teams, and it should be enough to pay off the bettors on the 1 team that does
win , and still show a profit!
I see they have the real teams that have a good shot right at the top with the lower odds.
If enough people bet on all the teams they cant lose.
However if everyone or the bulk of the money was placed on NE, and NE wins again they might have a problem.
I think that is why cleveland is so high , to get a lot of hopeful cleveland fans to bet on them , even though odds of them winning are about like
winning the lottery.
You’ve got a handle on it.

What sports books are trying to do is 1) create action both ways on a given team and/or game and 2) hedge their bets by making the odds attractive for those betting on a team and those betting on the opponent (keeping in mind, serious bettors, whether they have a rooting interest or not, are trying to beat the house and will usually bet multiple games, regardless of their own home-team affiliation).

Plus, there’s the vigorish (basically a service charge), which the sports books charge as a % of any bet — win or lose. Depending on who you’re placing your bet with, the vig is nominally between @3%-7% of your bet. As long as there’s plenty of action, the house is making a ton off the vig alone.

Your NE scenario may seem like the house will lose it’s shirt. However, the odds (or points given/taken, as in the case of individual games) are set to attract as close to an equal amount of money bet the other way. Remember...bookies have no rooting interest; only how the odds look.

A good example of people believing the sports books lost their collective shirts is the ‘69 Namath SB (NY Jets vs Balt Colts).

The average spread was Colts -18.5. However, you could have likely made it -28.5 and most people at the time still woulda given up the points and bet on Baltimore. Most money was on the Colts.

The result was, the house made a killing on the losers who gave up the points, and they had to pay out comparatively little to the minority who took the points and bet the NY Jets. Factor in the vig on all bets, and the Jets/Colts SB was one of the biggest killings that the bookies ever made.

Altestic

Reaction score
Browns, no, Falcons yes.
Yet the Browns have a QB stud and we have a dud.
Falcons are the 3rd best team in their own division. Browns are the best in theirs and it isn't all that close. Ravens defense may keep it close but they have garbage at QB.

uvaballa

Reaction score
I agree with this, but the Giants and Skins play in the same division.

And the only difference in schedule is Wash playing Panthers and 9ers, while NY plays Bucs and Cards.

That's not a huge difference, correct?

But overall your point is good.

Only point I was trying to make is it’s not rating best overall teams.

Sounds like Vegas is really concerned about the Skins at QB and on offense. Their defense should be good.

I agree the schedules are pretty much the same in the NFCE.