Lavar cut!!!

SkinsHokieFan

Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
Its funny I wnet back to ES to do a search on Lavar to see what Skinshokie had said aboout him in the past and it seems they have removed The term lavar arrington from their search engine. Because no matter who I use there are no matches in a search. Someone covering their *** they prasied him before and put him down now.

Oh for crying out loud

Did you read all 8,500+ posts of mine over there? There have literally been thousands of threads on Lavar in the past 4 years (I joined in 2002, had an account deletion and the mods gave me a new account in September 2004) Seriously man, you gotta take off the tin foil hat

I am not afraid to admit I have thought he is a great physical talent, and have always hoped he could become the superstar he was destined to when we drafted him but the "last straw" so to speak with me was when he was *****ing and moaning during the week of the last Eagles game.

Biggest game the Commanders have played in years, and Lavar comes out with a story in the Washingtontimes talking about retiring and how he doesn't feel a part of the team anymore, causing a big storm and huge distraction when we have a playoff spot on the line

If you think I went back and deleted posts of mine on Lavar, you think I have far more time on my hands then I really do

Like I said this is what I have thought of Lavar

He IS a great physical talent

He CAN be a great player

The defense would be better with him (this was proven to be false the past 2 years)

So ultimately what happened? Looking at it objectively, Lavar was far from the player he was between 2001 and 2003, when he was getting sacks, forcing fumbles, returning int's for TD's.

But just as I said when we traded Champ Bailey, if you can lose with them, you can lose without them. And Lavar and Champ together brought us a total of 2 playoff wins in 7 years

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
Its funny I wnet back to ES to do a search on Lavar to see what Skinshokie had said aboout him in the past and it seems they have removed The term lavar arrington from their search engine. Because no matter who I use there are no matches in a search. Someone covering their *** they prasied him before and put him down now.

Now that is funny.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
clayman said:
The key about this for the Skins is that they like Coles last year will have Lavar off the books after this year by doing this and they got him to pay them 4mil to be released. This saves them around 3.5mil this cap and rids them of his overpaid contract to the tune of this for the following years:

2007: 6.4

2008: 9

2009: 11.7

2010: 11.4

2011: 13

All wiped off now!

Pretty saavy work by the front office since they knew Lavar has declined in recent years and is not worth his contract, let alone his attitude with suing the team and such.
It *is* savvy, how the Skins get their superstars and high round picks to leave the organization with such consistency. Gibbs is nothing if he's not consistent.

Of course, one *could* mock the organization for getting itself into that contract in the first place, not that anybody here is inclined to do that. Or, we could get a laugh at what it must be like to have a favorite player PAY $4 MILLION DOLLARS TO GET AWAY from the team.

But, that would be like laughing at the ********, which everyone here knows is hardly every appropriate.

Oops, did I say '********?' I meant 'laughing at the savvy.' Congratulations on another clever move. Thirteen million or so more of those, and you'll be back on track!

NorthTexan95

Reaction score
If Parcells thinks Lavar can make a difference on this team then I'm for him coming to Dallas. If Parcells doesn't, then I'm against it. It's as simple as that.

neosapien23

Reaction score
NorthTexan95 said:
If Parcells thinks Lavar can make a difference on this team then I'm for him coming to Dallas. If Parcells doesn't, then I'm against it. It's as simple as that.

Exactly. Lavar is no LT, but he is no Fujita or Burnett either. LaVar should finally be healthy this year, and he would love playing in a 3-4. He would be able to rush the passer more frequently and would compliment Ware perfectly. I think the deciding factor will be the amount of money he wants. If he wants a Greg Ellis contract, sign him up now.

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
Cowboys needs to sign Lavar and Julian and T.O. and that's it...

I guess draft Marcus McNeil as a Right Tackle in the first or Johnathan Scott in the second and Ko Simpson in the first...

Doomsday101

Reaction score
RealCowboyfan said:

I guess draft Marcus McNeil as a Right Tackle in the first or Johnathan Scott in the second and Ko Simpson in the first...

Cowboys don't need TO or Lavar we can get to the top without these idiots hopefully Jerry is smart enough to leave the scum bags alone.

Eddie

Reaction score
Let's do it. Let's sign every single name we can think of. No matter what the cost is. Cus there's no cap in 2007 anyway.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I will take 25 Hall of Fame bobble head crack addict LT dolls and what they have to do with Lavar for a $1000 Alex.

:p:;)

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
RealCowboyfan said:
I think Parcells could really turn him into one...

Well, he's not that young. He's 28 which is nice, but somebody like Ware who is 23 is more of a "young" LT type.

Rich..........

ravidubey

Reaction score
Arrington is a personal foul waiting to happen. Keep him on the inside, where his mistakes will hurt the defense less and he'll be less tempted to freelance and rush the passer.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Commanders | Arrington could have stayed
Mon, 6 Mar 2006 11:10:18 -0800

Updating previous reports, Joseph White, of the Associated Press, reports former Washington Commanders OLB LaVar Arrington could have remained with the team. However, he opted to test the free-agent market instead of receiving guaranteed money from the team to stay. He basically agreed to give money back to the team and forfeit an upcoming roster bonus to gain his freedom. Head coach Joe Gibbs said he hopes it is the best for the Commanders and Arrington, while also wishing the last two years had been smoother for him in Washington.

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
Commanders | Arrington could have stayed
Mon, 6 Mar 2006 11:10:18 -0800

Updating previous reports, Joseph White, of the Associated Press, reports former Washington Commanders OLB LaVar Arrington could have remained with the team. However, he opted to test the free-agent market instead of receiving guaranteed money from the team to stay. He basically agreed to give money back to the team and forfeit an upcoming roster bonus to gain his freedom. Head coach Joe Gibbs said he hopes it is the best for the Commanders and Arrington, while also wishing the last two years had been smoother for him in Washington.

Well message to Lavar Arrington, come to the Cowboys and peform your playmaking ability on the Cowboys 3-4 defense....

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
He's still not completely healthy and I don't think he ever will be. Pass.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Alexander said:
My sources tell me it got a loud belch after his sip of soda.

:laugh2: ........Followed immediately with a "who?"

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
RealCowboyfan said:
Well message to Lavar Arrington, come to the Cowboys and peform your playmaking ability on the Cowboys 3-4 defense....

memo to you...watch him play, he doesnt make plays

David

austintodallas

Consider Yourself Sucked
Reaction score
RealCowboyfan said:

That is quite possibly the worst set of potential off-season moves I have ever seen in one post.