Lavar cut!!!

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
wayne_motley said:
Sounds just like Lawrence Taylor to me....if he's the answer at the other outside LB, then Parcells will learn to live with his gambling nature just like he had to learn to live with it with LT.

please, LT had more talent in his big toe than Arrington has in his whole body

LT was a dominant, overwhelming football player, Arrington has been a borderline bust considering where he was selected, makes more bad plays than good and isnt a "winner"

David

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Arrington had 0 sacks last season and that is the mark of a great pass rusher? People are falling in love with a name and nothing more the guy is not that good

marsbennett

Mars Man
Reaction score
All this being said, where do the 4skins now stand on the cap?...have I missed it elsewhere in thezone?

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Arrington had 0 sacks last season and that is the mark of a great pass rusher? People are falling in love with a name and nothing more the guy is not that good
It wouldn't hurt my feelings is we didn't sign him.

marsbennett

Mars Man
Reaction score
marsbennett said:
All this being said, where do the 4skins now stand on the cap?...have I missed it elsewhere in thezone?
this according to exteme4skins

Updated: March 6, 2006, 12:59 AM ET
Arrington pays 'Skins to become free agent

LaVar Arrington has agreed to pay the Washington Commanders over $4 million in cash to get out of his contact with the team and become a free agent. The Commanders have therefore placed Arrington on waivers.

A team source said that the move would have been made irrespective of any delay in the waiver deadline Sunday evening.

Arrington had a $12.045 million cap number and was due a $6.5 million roster bonus. By taking the money, the Commanders will save approximately $4.2 million with his release. They entered Sunday $17.7 million over the salary cap.In January, the NFL Players Association filed a formal complaint seeking disciplinary action against Carl Poston, Arrington's agent, for "neglect" in negotiating Arrington's contract near the end of the 2003 season, union and league sources told ESPN's Chris Mortensen. The "neglect" had to do with Arrington's $6.5 million bonus.

Arrington did not see much playing time early in the 2005 season as he worked his way back from offseason knee surgery and became disgruntled over his diminished role. The three-time Pro Bowl linebacker regained his starting job against Philadelphia on Nov. 6.

Arrington played in 11 regular season games for Washington in 2005, recording 47 tackles. He also played in the team's two postseason games, and had 12 tackles.

Information from ESPN. com senior NFL writer John Clayton and The Associated Press was used in this report.

Nothing is official until Adam signs off, of course.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
It wouldn't hurt my feelings is we didn't sign him.

I was not trying to hurt you feeling either. LOL..... I'm just not impressed by Arrington. He has good size and decent speed but does not know how to use them in the NFL.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
marsbennett said:

Yup, whenever it comes to these salary cap questions, I sort of just wait for the official Adam post. :D

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
I was not trying to hurt you feeling either. LOL..... I'm just not impressed by Arrington. He has good size and decent speed but does not know how to use them in the NFL.
No offense taken :thumbup:

SkinsFan26

Reaction score
neosapien23 said:
I also remember him knocking Alexander loopy and giving him a concussion. He has everything you would want for an OLBer. Speed, Size, Power, and strength. I wonder if he could work with BP and play within a sytem.

That was Marcus Washington.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
marsbennett said:
this according to exteme4skins

Updated: March 6, 2006, 12:59 AM ET
Arrington pays 'Skins to become free agent

LaVar Arrington has agreed to pay the Washington Commanders over $4 million in cash to get out of his contact with the team and become a free agent. The Commanders have therefore placed Arrington on waivers.

A team source said that the move would have been made irrespective of any delay in the waiver deadline Sunday evening.

Arrington had a $12.045 million cap number and was due a $6.5 million roster bonus. By taking the money, the Commanders will save approximately $4.2 million with his release. They entered Sunday $17.7 million over the salary cap.In January, the NFL Players Association filed a formal complaint seeking disciplinary action against Carl Poston, Arrington's agent, for "neglect" in negotiating Arrington's contract near the end of the 2003 season, union and league sources told ESPN's Chris Mortensen. The "neglect" had to do with Arrington's $6.5 million bonus.

Arrington did not see much playing time early in the 2005 season as he worked his way back from offseason knee surgery and became disgruntled over his diminished role. The three-time Pro Bowl linebacker regained his starting job against Philadelphia on Nov. 6.

Arrington played in 11 regular season games for Washington in 2005, recording 47 tackles. He also played in the team's two postseason games, and had 12 tackles.

Information from ESPN. com senior NFL writer John Clayton and The Associated Press was used in this report.

I went to public school so my math is not the best but that tells me even if the CBA deal gets done and the cap increases 10 mil they are still 7 mil over :lmao:

clayman

Reaction score
The key about this for the Skins is that they like Coles last year will have Lavar off the books after this year by doing this and they got him to pay them 4mil to be released. This saves them around 3.5mil this cap and rids them of his overpaid contract to the tune of this for the following years:

2007: 6.4

2008: 9

2009: 11.7

2010: 11.4

2011: 13

All wiped off now!

Pretty saavy work by the front office since they knew Lavar has declined in recent years and is not worth his contract, let alone his attitude with suing the team and such.

marsbennett

Mars Man
Reaction score
clayman said:
The key about this for the Skins is that they like Coles last year will have Lavar off the books after this year by doing this and they got him to pay them 4mil to be released. This saves them around 3.5mil this cap and rids them of his overpaid contract to the tune of this for the following years:

2007: 6.4

2008: 9

2009: 11.7

2010: 11.4

2011: 13

All wiped off now!

Pretty saavy work by the front office since they knew Lavar has declined in recent years and is not worth his contract, let alone his attitude with suing the team and such.
Pretty damn stupid of LA to write these guys a check for 4 million. I've never heard of it happening unless a player was forced to do so. Lavar did the skins a huge favor, is 4 mill poorer, and is going to be a FA in a market that has many owners unable to bid on players. LA appears to be a complete dumb arse, imo.

RiggoForever

Benched
Reaction score
marsbennett said:
Pretty damn stupid of LA to write these guys a check for 4 million. I've never heard of it happening unless a player was forced to do so. Lavar did the skins a huge favor, is 4 mill poorer, and is going to be a FA in a market that has many owners unable to bid on players. LA appears to be a complete dumb arse, imo.

I think the Commanders and Poston (Lavars agent) must have inside information the CBA is going to get done. Otherwise, I agree this deal makes no sense for Lavar.

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
RiggoForever said:
I think the Commanders and Poston (Lavars agent) must have inside information the CBA is going to get done. Otherwise, I agree this deal makes no sense for Lavar.

:rolleyes: I thought you said you weren't going to post here anymore?

clayman

Reaction score
Or the Postons who we all know are shady already have a new landing spot for Lavar where he would easily recoup that 4mil he just gave to the Skins....sure that is a conspiracy theory but would any of us put it past the Postons?

marsbennett

Mars Man
Reaction score
RiggoForever said:
Well, of course it will get done...eventually, but not in time to bring all the teams back into bidding contention for FA players this season. The dye has been cast, has it not? Unless the owners take the last player proposal and we know they won't because the owners don't even know what they want to do with each other. The Postons and Skins have no more info than any other team or player agent.

Nothing personal, but Lavar made an idiotic move, imo. How does any of this benefit him unless there is a bidding war in a poorer market for his degrading skills?

marsbennett

Mars Man
Reaction score
clayman said:
Or the Postons who we all know are shady already have a new landing spot for Lavar where he would easily recoup that 4mil he just gave to the Skins....sure that is a conspiracy theory but would any of us put it past the Postons?
That would be illegal.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
marsbennett said:
Ross Verba bought his ticket out of Cleveland last year and ended up sitting out the year.

Cowboys brought him in for a workout last year after Flo went down. Apparently it wasn't a good fit. Spags said he was talented, but his personality rubbed people the wrong way.

hendog

Reaction score
SkinsHokieFan said:
Well I am done discussing Lavar Arrington with Commanders FANS on a COWBOYS MESSAGE BOARD :laugh:

I'll see you on extremeskins, Cowboy fans you can see my opinion of Lavar summed up right here

Great physical talent

Can he play within a scheme?

Is he healthy again?

If you don't mind take all your friends with you.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
LaVar Arrington = "Dog Chasing Cars", (with a bum hind leg). :)

No thanks.

cardog.gif

This is good news for the Skins.

Some of you may not realize it, but the Skins are catching a break to get out from under that contract albatross without the $12 million cap hit.