LB Damien Wilson Arrested on Aggravated Assault With a Deadly Weapon Charge

Status
Not open for further replies.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
For the 1,000th time... RKG means a player loves football. Loves his team mates. Loves to play the game. Wants to be great and works at it.

It has nothing to do with if they make a dumb off the field decisions, although the guys who love the game typically are better off the field.

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
The assault with deadly weapon charge is more than likely stemming from hitting a woman with the vehicle not brandishing a gun. This indeed was INCREDIBLY STUPID however Wilson will not serve any time in jail most likely. This will almost assuredly cause him to serve a suspension unfortunately.... A classic case of being young and dumb.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
NFC East Notes: Cowboys, Wilson, Eagles
July 5th, 2017 at 3:40pm CST by Zach Links
We now have some details on the arrest of Cowboys linebacker Damien Wilson, via Amanda Guerra of KRLD (Twitter links). Wilson was looking for place to park for Fourth of July festivities while a group of tailgaters were taking up several spaces. After he asked to park, an argument broke out between him and the group. He then backed his truck into the parking space and intentionally hit a person in the process, police say. At some point during the kerfuffle, Wilson produced a gun. The 24-year-old is facing two counts of aggravated assault with deadly weapon.

Here’s more from the NFC East:

CooterBrown

Reaction score
Agg assault w/ deadly weapon. X2
Count One:
Recklessly cause bodily injury by driving into someone with a car.
Count Two:
Threaten a person with serious bodily while displaying a deadly weapon.

Deadly weapon: anything that in the manner of its use or intended use that could cause serious bodily injury or death.

reddyuta

Reaction score
We should cut him now to send a message,enough is enough.too many players taking everything for granted,what he allegedly did is beyond dumb and that too over a freaking parking spot.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
I Tend to wait until all the facts are known before I go all crazy. Sounds more like something stupid than anything else. But pulling a gun out is not acceptable. If this part is true, then I agree he should be cut. But 10,000 bond per count (20K) total doesn't sound like it was a very dangerous or serious event. But we shall see.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Was Jimmy Johnson responsible for the white house, scissorgate, Erik Williams car accident, etc? I don't think so. It's the players. Deal with it.

Okay. Coaches are not responsible, at all, for the culture that exists on the team or the knuckleheads who get into trouble.

Just apply that broad generalization across the board.

Don't laud Jason Garrett for "changing the culture" and getting the "right kind of guys" on this roster. Don't keep score with division rivals who have more arrests. Don't claim some other coach has no grip on their players.

At the end of the day, I don't think he bears ultimate responsibility. But if you want to pretend he makes a difference on who is here and who is not, then be consistent in applying the standard.

Football players are going to have issues like this. It just comes with the territory. Just expect it and apply that truism accordingly.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Meh. I'd wait until the full story comes out. "Intentionally hitting" a person could be as much as inching his car forward to move a guy out of the way who was standing in a parking spot not letting him park, and "producing" a gun could be something he did if he felt physically threatened and didn't want to get into an altercation.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Of course. My boss would show me the door if I tried anything like this. Wilson should meet the same fate, IMO.

I agree depending of course on what actually happened. Right now we got what the charge is we do not know what happened. If he is in the wrong as it appears he should be released.

The Natural

Reaction score
michael-jordan-laugh.gif

It never ends with this bunch

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Okay. Coaches are not responsible, at all, for the culture that exists on the team or the knuckleheads who get into trouble.

Just apply that broad generalization across the board.

Don't laud Jason Garrett for "changing the culture" and getting the "right kind of guys" on this roster. Don't keep score with division rivals who have more arrests. Don't claim some other coach has no grip on their players.

At the end of the day, I don't think he bears ultimate responsibility. But if you want to pretend he makes a difference on who is here and who is not, then be consistent in applying the standard.

Football players are going to have issues like this. It just comes with the territory. Just expect it and apply that truism accordingly.
I never lauded Garrett for any of that. I said grown folks should be held accountable for their actions. Visionary is the one who started naming other coaches so I used one of our greatest coaches as an example in response.

Sydla

Reaction score
NFC East Notes: Cowboys, Wilson, Eagles
July 5th, 2017 at 3:40pm CST by Zach Links
We now have some details on the arrest of Cowboys linebacker Damien Wilson, via Amanda Guerra of KRLD (Twitter links). Wilson was looking for place to park for Fourth of July festivities while a group of tailgaters were taking up several spaces. After he asked to park, an argument broke out between him and the group. He then backed his truck into the parking space and intentionally hit a person in the process, police say. At some point during the kerfuffle, Wilson produced a gun. The 24-year-old is facing two counts of aggravated assault with deadly weapon.

Here’s more from the NFC East:

That's all kinds of dumb on his part

Status
Not open for further replies.