LB Damien Wilson Arrested on Aggravated Assault With a Deadly Weapon Charge

Status
Not open for further replies.

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
Saw this earlier, made me a bit angry but it got a chuckle out of me.....

19756443_1449076935185962_7997084314897923207_n.jpg

The Longest Yard comes to mind, I'll give this two chuckles and a sigh...

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
I tried reading that article. I stopped when I got to this part:

"Despite head coach Jason Garrett’s mantra that the Cowboys look for “the right kind of guy” "

I don't know or care to know who Tim Kohut is but it's clear he has no idea what the defination of "the right kind of guy" is.

Well, it's hard to have that mantra when your team has a commanding lead in games suspended by the league, no matter what it means.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
If he is one of the best 53 and you don't want to sign Washington or Orr, then take whatever punishment the league dishes out and move on when he gets back from his suspension. I would let him know that he is now on a short leash and another major screw up will result in his release.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Really?

Pulling an AR-15 and hitting a woman with your truck is "tame"?

I'm glad I don't live in your neighborhood.

Entirely incredibly poor judgment. Was his life or limb threatened? Still you call police IF you have time. No apologies but you are talking Texas where most are packing and people aren't going to take threats. Still TX or not he lives under a microscope being a Cowboy. That changes the rules.

If you merely bump and not knock someone down and they want to then they'll throw the biggest charge at you they can and let it all settle out. That's the way prosecution works. So he didn't have to run anyone over to get charged......although perhaps that did happen. I'm not following this closely because these things tend to work themselves out esp after the aggrieved party hires an attorney and gets a settlement.

Best to let the NFL, Cowboys, authorities, and attorneys work this out and sit back and worry about something else. But as long as you guys stay on topic then have at it. It's what the site is for.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Entirely incredibly poor judgment. Was his life or limb threatened? Still you call police IF you have time. No apologies but you are talking Texas where most are packing and people aren't going to take threats. Still TX or not he lives under a microscope being a Cowboy. That changes the rules.

If you merely bump and not knock someone down and they want to then they'll throw the biggest charge at you they can and let it all settle out. That's the way prosecution works. So he didn't have to run anyone over to get charged......although perhaps that did happen. I'm not following this closely because these things tend to work themselves out esp after the aggrieved party hires an attorney and gets a settlement.

Best to let the NFL, Cowboys, authorities, and attorneys work this out and sit back and worry about something else. But as long as you guys stay on topic then have at it. It's what the site is for.

I'm not going to get into the moralities of any debate, just the legalities. He broke the law, brandished a weapon in a threatening manner, and struck someone with his vehicle. If he admitted that, I don't care what excuse he tried to come up with. I'm done with him.

I've said my piece, shown my stance, and I'm done at this point. And I hope the Cowboys are too. A shame that this young man threw away his career, but it sounds to me like he did.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I'm not going to get into the moralities of any debate, just the legalities. He broke the law, brandished a weapon in a threatening manner, and struck someone with his vehicle. If he admitted that, I don't care what excuse he tried to come up with. I'm done with him.

I've said my piece, shown my stance, and I'm done at this point. And I hope the Cowboys are too. A shame that this young man threw away his career, but it sounds to me like he did.

I suspect it's more or less complex for me but I'm thru as well. We'll see.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score

She was "holding" a spot for fellow tailgaters and refused to move....... I am sure the hitting with car part is bs........something like inching forward while she stands defiantly in front of the truck........ if it was more than that I'd be shocked........ drunk people tend to exaggerate things

after that who knows........her friends probably got rowdy and as he said he mistakenly showed off his rifle ...... not smart but not the end of the world......looks like things could have got out of hand but did not

either way I don't care if anyone buys it or not I am just offering my take....... almost committing a violent crime isn't nearly as bad as following thru with it

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.