News: LBS: Jaylon Smith addresses reason Cowboys cut him

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I see him limp running faster than anyone I ever saw. Watch him run down hurts in the egirls game. I have never seen that before. Is he still wearing the brace that lifts his foot for him. He had to chase people..

Yep...he clearly is favoring movement there. Like he just can't put it in the dirt. And as soon as you are thinking of how to do that you've lost your instincts.

It's a great story...but Jaylon is going to have to be careful now. If he keeps this up he's going out looking like a clown instead of a dream story.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
He calling himself elite to packer fans doesn't make it easier for himself. I remember during his red shirt rookie year he kept tweeting about how the nfl messed up letting him, Zeke and Dak be drafted together, and how he was going to make an impact that rookie season. Then he plays in 2017 and is beyond awful. Just shut up and play

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Can’t hardly read the story because of the 100 adds between each line:

You got a bad case of adware. Had that on my Mac. You need to install an adware cleaner.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Does that work on iPhone

You have adware on your iPhone? Didn’t know that could happen on your phone. I got adware on my Mac a few years ago from frequenting NFL streaming sites. It’s annoying!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He wasn’t going to even make the roster next year. And we couldn’t muster any trades for him this year.

Another risk this era on a 1st or 2nd round pick on defense which prevented us from more success .

LVE another one will be gone next year.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Yep...he clearly is favoring movement there. Like he just can't put it in the dirt. And as soon as you are thinking of how to do that you've lost your instincts.

It's a great story...but Jaylon is going to have to be careful now. If he keeps this up he's going out looking like a clown instead of a dream story.
Your right. I guess we need to watch him move in 2019, that was his pro bowl year. I wonder if he was doing the same thing. I know the D-Line has a lot to do with how well they play. But LVE and I think Lee was helping. He looked like the surgery paid off. I heard last year or so that he injured the knee again but was no big deal. Maybe it was.

Beaker42

Reaction score
lol. What do you expect him to say?

Hell, I bet everyone on this forum who reports to someone, tells that someone they are “elite” during annual reviews/whatever.
Pretty good would have still been lying. Average might be a stretch as well.

Creeper

Reaction score
Some people respond as if Jaylon is trying to suck. I think he wants to play at a high level, but unfortunately his injury prevents him from doing so, and he was not blessed with the ability to see things quickly enough to make up for his inability to get going after 1 step.

I still wish him well. And he is right about why he was cut. If not for the salary CAP I believe the Cowboys would keep him even next year. But his $9.2 million salary is a load the Cowboys will not be able to bear in 2022.

BBGTYCOON

Reaction score
Jaylon, if you were elite your contract would’ve been relatively cheap.

Instead, you probably don’t belong in the NFL and if you didn’t have a known name you wouldn’t be in the NFL.
All very true, I can't see him lasting more than 3-4 games for the Packers.

SHAMSzy

Reaction score
what do you want him to say? every player should believe they’re elite or they wouldn’t make it in the NFL.

elite!?! LOLOLOL and some fans wonder why he gets so much hate

BBGTYCOON

Reaction score
Jaylon was an elite college player. He should have never been drafted by the Cowboys
He was an elite college 'athlete' with a career threatening injury and should've been drafted in the 4th round or later. The second round risk taking is a foolish pattern for the Jones crew.

BBGTYCOON

Reaction score
lmao, they cut him because they didn't want him poisoning the locker room because of his playing time getting cut more and more. The time was right and it was time to end the pity party.

"I was out there outrunning everybody on the field" shut up you gimp, you was out there avoiding contact and jumping on guys back 9 yards downfield. sheesh.
:clap: