Twitter: Leadership

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If you think those words are leadership you need a lesson. Words like those mean nothing and you should know that, coach that you were.
You're full if it....have you spent 40 plus years in a locker room? A player challenging himself and his teammates carries weight if they have earned that respect. Piss ants that haven't earned it, can't speak that way. You are right, I was a coach and I saw it and lived it up close and personal.....so? Shoo fly!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Dak and Zeke are our obvious leaders on offense. We’ll see where it takes us.

But remember all teams have leadership whether it’s a good or bad team.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Exactly.

Show me different on the field and I'll change my mind. What more do I have to go on besides last year?

Because last year was an abomination of sorts. It was a very unusual and odd year, with so many injuries and a horrible DC. Can't base anything from that as too losing this year.
Common sense shows this team will be better. Not that it will translate into wins, but it should.

Brax

Reaction score
You're full if it....have you spent 40 plus years in a locker room? A player challenging himself and his teammates carries weight if they have earned that respect. Piss ants that haven't earned it, can't speak that way. You are right, I was a coach and I saw it and lived it up close and personal.....so? Shoo fly!
Sorry disagree, anyone on the team can speak that way, he needs to show it on the field, leadership isn't words sad you haven't figured that out yet.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Because last year was an abomination of sorts. It was a very unusual and odd year, with so many injuries and a horrible DC. Can't base anything from that as too losing this year.
Common sense shows this team will be better. Not that it will translate into wins, but it should.
If we take out the abomination of the 2020 season and use the next most recent season, 2019, it wasn't any better. It was still an 8-8 disaster that should have been better.

I have no reason to THINK this team will be any different unless they SHOW on the field that they are. That remains to be seen, so I base my opinions right now off what we've most recently seen. Maybe that will all chance after I get a feel of the team this year, but I gotta see it in action first.

Reaction score
Negative....words go a long way in a locker room. They hold people accountable, they challenge team mates, they set goals, they provide support.....not everyone will understand...
I've been reading stuff like this for 25 plus years. This is no different.

All that matters is the play on the field. Zeke could fumble on his second carry or Dak could throw a pick on his first throw and these words disappear like a puff of smoke.

Just like it has for decades

Doomsday101

Reaction score
To me leadership is about what you say, what you do and how you go about doing it. You want those around you to see you are more than just talk, that you put in the work in the facility and outside of the facility. A leader shows the dedication and drive to improve himself and help push others. Guy is just talking without doing is only talk.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I've been reading stuff like this for 25 plus years. This is no different.

All that matters is the play on the field. Zeke could fumble on his second carry or Dak could throw a pick on his first throw and these words disappear like a puff of smoke.

Just like it has for decades
"It's different this time" says the easily fooled star blinded.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Sorry disagree, anyone on the team can speak that way, he needs to show it on the field, leadership isn't words sad you haven't figured that out yet.
That's what I said...did you even read my post or did you premature keyboardulate

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If you think those words are leadership you need a lesson. Words like those mean nothing and you should know that, coach that you were.

It seems to me that a guy who breaks off his foot and endures that pain. Then works his tail off to get back early as the entire team watches, all the time being positive, is leadership. It sends a message throughout the team this is what it takes to be the best. Fight through adversity and pain to succeed.

Regardless of what you think leadership is, or what the best is.

The 49ers were in the 1989 Super Bowl. They had to drive the field to beat the Bengals. A TV time out and the team was in the huddle. Montana leaned in and said, "Hey guys, look there in the stands. It's John Candy." The team looked.

Why did he do that? To loosen up the team. They drove the field and won.

Leadership comes in many packages. It's not just charge the hill on Iwo Jima.

If words are just wind, why does every team do the huddle things before the game and chant together?

Do you think Zeke or Dak should have just suggested the team eat a W?

hqdefault.jpg