Twitter: Leadership

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Exactly.

Show me different on the field and I'll change my mind. What more do I have to go on besides last year?
I totally don’t understand this response. Wait-and-see, but I’ll change my mind. Well obviously you’re not waiting to see. You just making an opinion without waiting or seeing

Brax

Reaction score
I don’t think you have a good grasp on what leader ship is or isn’t . Yeah I want my teammates good bad or indifferent to show that confidence.
Leadership is something you don’t understand, words mean little and are cheap, sound bites even cheaper, actions and results come first meaningful words after.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Leadership is something you don’t understand, words mean little and are cheap, sound bites even cheaper, actions and results come first meaningful words after.
Words mean a lot.....they can lead, hurt, build up, tear down.....etc. if you've ever been part of a good pregame speech, you would know.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Negative....words go a long way in a locker room. They hold people accountable, they challenge team mates, they set goals, they provide support.....not everyone will understand...
I was kind of partial to a forearm in the face mask of a team mate during a drill, and then patting his backside after the physical exchange. A helmet in the helmet of a lineman coming out of a three point stance stood him straight up and I then was by him making a play. But action after contact had boundaries as to when and where.

Bull in a china cabinet was a popular 'training' tool, then...

Last edited:

eromeopolk

Reaction score

Notice neither Zeke nor Dak said anything about being the top offense.

That's nice. But leadership can never come from the owner's box. It starts at HC, then QB, and then other team leaders.

Michael Irvin became a team leader when Jimmy Johnson came to Dallas and had total football control. Jimmy established Troy Aikman leadership at QB at the end of the 1991 season. The rest is 90's Dynasty history. Tom Landry was the leader establishing Don Meredith, Craig Morton, Roger Staubach, and Danny White. When he wavered on White with Hogeboom, no leadership led to the 1986-1988 seasons. Jerry need a new Stadium and he gave leadership to Bill Parcells, he established Quincy Carter a leader at QB and went straight to the playoffs after Jerry Dumbo GM/HC Jones have 3-peat of 5-11 seasons. Parcells established Romo until Jerry took his team back. It has been no leadership and mediocrity from 2007 to present.

As long as Jerry Jones is the leader of the football team and not the franchise, the Dallas Cowboys have no leadership and will not get to a Super Bowl.

CCBoy

Reaction score
That's nice. But leadership can never come from the owner's box. It starts at HC, then QB, and then other team leaders.

Michael Irvin became a team leader when Jimmy Johnson came to Dallas and had total football control. Jimmy established Troy Aikman leadership at QB at the end of the 1991 season. The rest is 90's Dynasty history. Tom Landry was the leader establishing Don Meredith, Craig Morton, Roger Staubach, and Danny White. When he wavered on White with Hogeboom, no leadership led to the 1986-1988 seasons. Jerry need a new Stadium and he gave leadership to Bill Parcells, he established Quincy Carter a leader at QB and went straight to the playoffs after Jerry Dumbo GM/HC Jones have 3-peat of 5-11 seasons. Parcells established Romo until Jerry took his team back. It has been no leadership and mediocrity from 2007 to present.

As long as Jerry Jones is the leader of the football team and not the franchise, the Dallas Cowboys have no leadership and will not get to a Super Bowl.

Oh yea, Jerry is warden over anger and compliance on the carpet...

CCBoy

Reaction score
I was kind of partial to a forearm in the face mask of a team mate during a drill, and then patting his backside after the physical exchange. A helmet in the helmet of a lineman coming out of a three point stance stood him straight up and I then was by him making a play. But action after contact had boundaries as to when and where.

Bull in a china cabinet was a popular 'training' tool, then...

Coach, did you see where Callalen set their team record in their opening game last week? They totaled about 640 rushing yards for the game...

Brax

Reaction score
Words mean a lot.....they can lead, hurt, build up, tear down.....etc. if you've ever been part of a good pregame speech, you would know.
In a pregame speech to pump them up that was a little dry, in a offensive meeting mugging for the camera no just don't see it, I bet you thought MM speech was leadership quality too. Have a nice day.

CCBoy

Reaction score
In a pregame speech to pump them up that was a little dry, in a offensive meeting mugging for the camera no just don't see it, I bet you thought MM speech was leadership quality too. Have a nice day.
Ranching was a winning head coach in Texas High School football. He knows a thing or a dozen about basics of leadership. I wouldn't reference 'two stupid dogs' and then Wiley Coyote...just saying.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
Every single thread has become an abomination on here anymore. Nothing but name-calling and arguing. I don't get the whole arguing over the internet thing. Maybe a post or two back and forth, but what's the point past that?

The internet has become both a blessing and a curse. 95% of folks are brave enough to type what they would not say in person. It just gets tiring so go through all the "trolling" posts to read a person's opinion.

I come here to read news and opinions, I don't share mine much because I don't feel the need. Hell. I don't think I've posted 900 times yet in 16 years here.

But this place has just turned into one big insult-fest. It's a shame because I always enjoyed reading what others thought about the team. Just my 2 cents...

Brax

Reaction score
Ranching was a winning head coach in Texas High School football. He knows a thing or a dozen about basics of leadership. I wouldn't reference 'two stupid dogs' and then Wiley Coyote...just saying.
Disagree from his take on leadership, as for the quote you need to broaden your field of viewing to more than cartoons.................

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak is a Great Leader for his bank account.
For us not so good......:(