Led Zeppelin VS ACDC.Bon

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
You can definitely tell who was one of Skynyrd’s biggest influences was listening to this.

I’ll have to disagree about the Beatles part :) but I won’t derail your thread :)

Any love for Pet Sounds?
I love more information so if you got something Beatles live that you consider off the charts i'd love to listen to it.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
I'm a huge LotR nut, but you can't mix fantasy and rock and not end up with the dwarves and Stonehenge effect. It's just not very metal.

I feel the same way about By-Tor and the Snowdog and The Trees, for the record, for you progrock *******s out there.

And a head-bangin' Turkey Day to you, too.
That first line of yours was priceless, that's why i love this board.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
I'm a huge LotR nut, but you can't mix fantasy and rock and not end up with the dwarves and Stonehenge effect. It's just not very metal.

I feel the same way about By-Tor and the Snowdog and The Trees, for the record, for you progrock *******s out there.

And a head-bangin' Turkey Day to you, too.
:clap:

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like everything you said, but i have little to no respect for the Beatles, i guess because i am a die hard Stones fan. Love Rush, Time stand still got me through some rough moments in my teenage life.

Woah! It's rare to come across someone who likes music and also considers the Beatles overrated. They have ten or so fantastic songs (Blackbird, Fixing a Hole, Hey Jude) and then reams of bad songs everybody pretends to love but shouldn't (Yellow Submarine, 64). Plus, their so damn smug you want to donkey punch each one.

My friends all say I'm nuts. It's the musical equivalent of liking Jason Garret, but I'm right about this one, too. :)

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
I can understand about the Beatles and they really remind of 2 different bands. Pre Rubber Soul where they did the 2.5 min pop ditties and RS and afterwards they really started to branch out and grew individually and collectively. I was born in 64 and they were my favorite band until I discovered Zeppelin. I know this is subjective but there are several acts I would put right up there or a notch below. Alice Coopers original band{inception til Muscle of Love} was great. Thin Lizzys whole library of work was awesome, cant give Philip enough credit for being a very talented cat who had it all, looks, swagger, bassist, vocalist/frontman and more importantly the talent to back it up. The Stones are right up there as is Pink Floyd. And Rush wow, what a band. Love everything they have done especially Signals and before. Songs like Xanadu, La Villa Strangiato and A Farewell to Kings are true works of art. Also cant forget Van Halen, when there first album hit there was nothing that sounded like it. There was Disco, Punk/Alt, the established bands, your Journeys and what have you and then VH. There first 6 albums with Roth were great. Saw them in 79 and it was mind blowing.
What could i possibly add. You got it.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I love more information so if you got something Beatles live that you consider off the charts i'd love to listen to it.
It’s incredibly hard to find anything of quality like you posted, and obviously the Beatles werent as incindiary as the Stones are, so that sound you won’t find from any Beatles album. Harrison was way more subdued. Also, live recording in the 60’s wasn’t all that great, and the live stuff from the Beatles post-‘65 isn’t too clean sounding. Their rock n roll, Chuck Berry stuff from their early stuff doesn’t sound bad live, but it isn’t on par with that Stones concert you posted, admittedly (as I said, I love the Stones, too).

But I’ll put this song up against any in the Stones catalogue:

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Woah! It's rare to come across someone who likes music and also considers the Beatles overrated. They have ten or so fantastic songs (Blackbird, Fixing a Hole, Hey Jude) and then reams of bad songs everybody pretends to love but shouldn't (Yellow Submarine, 64). Plus, their so damn smug you want to donkey punch each one.

My friends all say I'm nuts. It's the musical equivalent of liking Jason Garret, but I'm right about this one, too. :)
I love all of their music. Most of it, at least. Yellow Submarine is fantastic. No pretending here.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can understand about the Beatles and they really remind of 2 different bands. Pre Rubber Soul where they did the 2.5 min pop ditties and RS and afterwards they really started to branch out and grew individually and collectively. I was born in 64 and they were my favorite band until I discovered Zeppelin. I know this is subjective but there are several acts I would put right up there or a notch below. Alice Coopers original band{inception til Muscle of Love} was great. Thin Lizzys whole library of work was awesome, cant give Philip enough credit for being a very talented cat who had it all, looks, swagger, bassist, vocalist/frontman and more importantly the talent to back it up. The Stones are right up there as is Pink Floyd. And Rush wow, what a band. Love everything they have done especially Signals and before. Songs like Xanadu, La Villa Strangiato and A Farewell to Kings are true works of art. Also cant forget Van Halen, when there first album hit there was nothing that sounded like it. There was Disco, Punk/Alt, the established bands, your Journeys and what have you and then VH. There first 6 albums with Roth were great. Saw them in 79 and it was mind blowing.

Yes to all of this.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score

I don't like to throw the Beatles so far under the bus because i have respect for them, but i could never get into Paul. I don't like Lennon's thought's on many things, but that voice has greatness to me, and the other band members have skill that force me to put the Beatles somewhere close to the top, but i am not the person to declare where they should be. As a Stones fan i would put the Beatles so far down the list that it would be inappropriate for me to judge them. As it would be for a Beatles fan to judge the Stones. It's complicated but the truth is somewhere in between.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't like to throw the Beatles so far under the bus because i have respect for them, but i could never get into Paul. I don't like Lennon's thought's on many things, but that voice has greatness to me, and the other band members have skill that force me to put the Beatles somewhere close to the top, but i am not the person to declare where they should be. As a Stones fan i would put the Beatles so far down the list that it would be inappropriate for me to judge them. As it would be for a Beatles fan to judge the Stones. It's complicated but the truth is somewhere in between.

Their impact on music is second to none. They were incredibly prolific and did write some great songs. But they're still overrated in my book. Give me the Stones, any day.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You just contradicted yourself, then. They had more than ten “fantastic” songs post-Rubber Soul

I should have said "ten songs I actually know." I'm not all that familiar with their catalogue, honestly. I can't take it for very long. They just bug me.

What I've heard is from my musical friends forcing me to listen or stuff on the radio.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I should have said "ten songs I actually know." I'm not all that familiar with their catalogue, honestly. I can't take it for very long. They just bug me.

What I've heard is from my musical friends forcing me to listen or stuff on the radio.
Well, if you haven’t heard A Day in the Life (and were raised in a closet), give that track a listen to above.