Left the scrimmage early 3 observations

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Isn't he one of the undrafted FAs?

Edit: nm, was looking for the wrong last name.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Alexander said:
Agreed.

Henson is what he is.

We knew what ever we were getting ourselves into.

The only ones upset and disillusioned are the fans who read comments by "draft gurus" and thought we swindled the Texans out of something. The organization is taking this as it comes, but some have been concocting conspiracy theories left and right. Now there is dismay because some others feel their armchair analyses were wrong and he is acting like a player that has been away from the game and is a project.

Sometimes the arrogance of fans never ceases to make me laugh.

So, in one of week of practice and a scrimmage, its apparent Henson is a bust eh?

Isn't it what your doing an arm chair qbing as like everyone else? I guess when Ron Wolf said last year Henson is real deal, he must have been smoking something because he is strugling this year, maybe because of his throwing motion change.

For the record I have watched every Game Henson played in College and have thought that he was immensenly talented. I didn't need any draft guides etc. And from what I saw last year, when he played, he never had me doubting that much either.

Maybe Henson has regressed or maybe he is going through some kind of Mental block, but to say anyone who thinks Henson is a talent is idiot or foolish, is foolish, IMO. It could be he never reaches his potential like many College QBs have in past, but I dont think its time to judge that yet. We shall see.

Bizwah

Reaction score
What I can't understand is how "fans' take "sides" on these issues. It seems some want Henson to fail because they want Romo......some sound like they want Bledsoe to fail......some want them all to fail.

I can't understand this. I want them all to succeed in the worst way. I'm upset that Henson isn't playing well. I'm encouraged by what I hear from Romo. I don't want any particular player to lose out on the competition. I want "someone" to win it.

The "Hutcher/QCard" crap was just that........crap. Why was there so much animosity toward one guy or the other? It was clear that they both stank.

When we signed Henson, I can remember almost everyone praising the acquisition. Most, remembering the Hutchinson fiasco, stated that we needed to bring Henson along slowly. Most knew he would take a lot of work.

So why are we so surprised he's not Brett Favre?

Same can be said for Romo. I thought we was a great UDFA signing. But many of us understood that an undrafted player from a tiny DII college would take time.

Bill Parcells is right..........they haven't played ONE preseason game. Let's see how they handle themselves before passing judgement. Let's also remember that they're all Cowboys. How about we actually try rooting for all of them to play well?

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Many had over zealous expectations on Henson last year. He's 3 years out of football and only started 8 in college. He is in a fight for his life to overcome that. I don't dismiss him someday being a franchise QB. That day is just not now.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Bizwah said:
What I can't understand is how "fans' take "sides" on these issues. It seems some want Henson to fail because they want Romo......some sound like they want Bledsoe to fail......some want them all to fail.

Exactly, and it's freakin' dumb. I don't care what name or number is on the jersey of our starting QB, as long as he's successful and wins championships for the Cowboys. That is ALL that matters. If it's Henson, Great. If it's Romo, Great. If it's Bledsoe, Great. If it's anyone else, great.

Kilyin

Reaction score
Drew Henson, the biggest enigma of the Dallas Cowboys

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
RCowboyFan said:
So, in one of week of practice and a scrimmage, its apparent Henson is a bust eh?

Did I say that?

Isn't it what your doing an arm chair qbing as like everyone else? I guess when Ron Wolf said last year Henson is real deal, he must have been smoking something because he is strugling this year, maybe because of his throwing motion change.

No. I just don't expect the world from a fellow after he has spent years away from the game.

And this just in.

Ron Wolf is human too. He has made mistakes. I am not saying he did in this case, but everything that comes out of his mouth is not necessarily gold.

For the record I have watched every Game Henson played in College and have thought that he was immensenly talented. I didn't need any draft guides etc. And from what I saw last year, when he played, he never had me doubting that much either.

And?

Someone could have watched every game that Tim Couch played in college and agree he was "immensely talented". That still would not stop him from busting.

Maybe Henson has regressed or maybe he is going through some kind of Mental block, but to say anyone who thinks Henson is a talent is idiot or foolish, is foolish, IMO. It could be he never reaches his potential like many College QBs have in past, but I dont think its time to judge that yet. We shall see.

I don't see where I was rushing to judgment. If anything, I am tired of the proclamations from fans based off a scrimmage.

This just proves my point. All of the fans are all so polarized and are so used to taking sides that it is almost comical.

It is more like everyone is more concerned about who is "right" or "wrong", taking whatever tidbits from the media they like that supports their position and running--rather than just simply opening their eyes, looking at what they see and making up their minds for themselves.

Trag3344

Benched
Reaction score
our qb situation is by far the worst in the league.. after having success with drafting a first round qb like aikman, why would it not make us do it again? instead we spend a decade on baseball playing qb's and old has-beens. we're never going to make it the big game with bledsoe or vinny or any other piece of crap qb.. i dont care what parcells says. do our scouts even look at whats coming out of college at the qb position? what could anyone in our organization have seen in bledsoe last year to make us want to sign him, he was a failure.. plain and simple. sure its easy to make excuses and say buffalo sucked, but bledsoe has been pushed away for younger qb's for years now.. his time to shine in the nfl is over. he might get us 8 or 9 wins this year, but in the long run hes going to be a burden.. and im sick of it.

DMX690

Reaction score
RonBurgandy31 said:
Knock of the rust year yea lets pay the guy to knock off his rust.......*** is that.

We rush Quicy Carter into the fire and he turned out become a drug addict. Did the something with Chad Hutchinson, turn out to be a bad idea thanks to idiot Campo, Coslet and Jones. Let learn from mistake from the past and give Henson and Romo sometime to adjust and refine they games. So, when its time for there opportunity, they can have the best chance to suceed.

Natedawg44

Reaction score
I agree with rack also. Check back in 2006 or 2007 to see what we got and see if we have anything of worth. Unfortunate that we couldn't put him on the practice squad and let another rookie go in camp. The bad thing is we spent a 3rd rounder on this "project". Oh well we've wasted third rounders on worse things in the past i.e. Derek Ross.

Natedawg44

Reaction score
Ron Wolf is human too. He has made mistakes. I am not saying he did in this case, but everything that comes out of his mouth is not necessarily gold.
Exactly can you say Jamal Reynolds?

Alexander

Reaction score
Trag3344 said:
our qb situation is by far the worst in the league.. after having success with drafting a first round qb like aikman, why would it not make us do it again? instead we spend a decade on baseball playing qb's and old has-beens. we're never going to make it the big game with bledsoe or vinny or any other piece of crap qb.. i dont care what parcells says. do our scouts even look at whats coming out of college at the qb position? what could anyone in our organization have seen in bledsoe last year to make us want to sign him, he was a failure.. plain and simple. sure its easy to make excuses and say buffalo sucked, but bledsoe has been pushed away for younger qb's for years now.. his time to shine in the nfl is over. he might get us 8 or 9 wins this year, but in the long run hes going to be a burden.. and im sick of it.

Woe is us.

We might as well just pack it in.

We are a spoiled, spoiled lot.

Alexander

Reaction score
Natedawg44 said:
Exactly can you say Jamal Reynolds?

Can you say "he did not draft Brett Favre, just traded for him?"

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
Trag3344 said:
And another voice from the peanut gallery.

Trag3344

Benched
Reaction score
we've been waiting 10 years for a real qb.. please dont act like were be impatient.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Alexander said:
Can you say "he did not draft Brett Favre, just traded for him?"

He did want to draft him though, but the Falcons took him before their pick. They ended taking some other clown (I think it was Browning Nagle).

Not saying Wolf is god, just pointing out that tidbit.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Alexander said:
Did I say that?
No you didn't say he is a bust, but when you say its clear what henson is, then what does that imply? That he is a great pick or bust?

No. I just don't expect the world from a fellow after he has spent years away from the game.

And this just in.

I am not saying Ron Wolf made mistake or not, all I am saying is there is no need to rush to judgement. I have seen other comments from you that seems to indicate that you dont think Henson will succeed, thats what I base my whole comments on.

And that was also to your comments that someone everyone is just looking at draft guides or reading some press clipping and being high on Henson.

And?

Someone could have watched every game that Tim Couch played in college and agree he was "immensely talented". That still would not stop him from busting.

Ok, then why comment that most here have just seen press clippings and somehow think thats the reason Henson is a talent? You are the one who brought up they don't know what they are talking.

I don't see where I was rushing to judgment. If anything, I am tired of the proclamations from fans based off a scrimmage.

This just proves my point. All of the fans are all so polarized and are so used to taking sides that it is almost comical.

Ok, here I agree with you.

It is more like everyone is more concerned about who is "right" or "wrong", taking whatever tidbits from the media they like that supports their position and running--rather than just simply opening their eyes, looking at what they see and making up their minds for themselves.
\

I could care less about being right than having a best player play. Even though I dont like Bledsoe, if he takes us to promised land, I will love him. And as much as I think Henson will be a great talent, if he proves to be a bust, then so be it. But I hope as much I dont think Romo will amount to anything more than an average Qb at best, but he proves to the one for Cowboys, than great too.

You might not think you are not picking sides, but you are coming off that way. And maybe I am too in this case, but I am not. I just hate anyone trying to label anyone a wasted pick etc. without seeing a game or two this year.

Bizwah

Reaction score
Trag3344 said:

How do we even know this yet? Have we even played in one preseason game? Sure Bledsoe, Henson, and Romo haven't set the world on fire. But this is week one of training camp.

Maybe we need to just relax and let BP and JJ do their thing.

As for drafting a first round QB. Well, when exactly could we have done this? Maybe two years ago? Maybe we should've taken Leftwich instead of Newman. It's easy to say "should've", "would've", "could've".