Leonard to visit Cowboys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
They aren’t actually. Why do people keep saying this? Cunningham is day to day and Dean is back in a week.
Linebacker is one of the weakest position groups… Also the position group that they value the least… So they may well be happy with what they have there

CCBoy

Reaction score
Linebacker is one of the weakest position groups… Also the position group that they value the least… So they may well be happy with what they have there
Based upon use of safeties? No, there is need at having a middle type linebacker. Small size and a squeeze at depth can be a problem 6 more games and a playoff run is significant.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Lol as if anyone cares… Put me on there too lol
He does a pretty extensive type of discussion. Don't cut off a water source not to have things in the future. Be a sharing fan for contribution, maybe?

CCBoy

Reaction score
When Damone Clark was drafted in the fifth round of the 2022 draft, he was fresh off a spinal fusion surgery that put the longevity of his football career in question. Despite that, the Dallas Cowboys trusted in their training staff and trusted in their scouting department enough to take the chance on the LSU product, and man has it paid off.

Not only was Clark able to bounce back and play in 10 games in 2022 as a rookie, but he's stepped into a starting role as a second-year player and has taken on challenge after challenge and continues to exceed expectations.

He's not the flashiest player on the field. He's not the jersey you'll see all over AT&T Stadium on Sunday afternoons. The young buck simply just does his job. Without him, this defense looks much different.

Since the season-ending injury to Leighton Vander Esch, Clark has been tasked with taking on more communication with the defense and being the experience in the linebacking corps. While his play has allowed the defense around him to thrive, even after arguably the best game of his second season with nine tackles on Thanksgiving, you won't be able to pull any ego out of the man who once wore the esteemed No. 18 at LSU for being a humble teammate.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/nick-at-nite-bell-clark-brotherhood-powering-lb-group

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Listening to the Cowboys podcasts yesterday, they talked about him being in the building, and were optimistic he would be signed while there. Probably not a good sign he is moving on. Either something turned up on physical or he thinks he has a better Super Bowl shot with the Eagles.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Listening to the Cowboys podcasts yesterday, they talked about him being in the building, and were optimistic he would be signed while there. Probably not a good sign he is moving on. Either something turned up on physical or he thinks he has a better Super Bowl shot with the Eagles.
Yeah I think the medical was a bit shaky so we are waiting. The issue is, I bet Philly signs him and they find a role for him, and he plays well in spot duty for them. We messed up.

CCBoy

Reaction score
He's not excited about being a Cowboy and where they are. He's a mercenary dropped by his team and this fan doesn't care to break up continuity of the defense for a single player's vanity of value. Sign with Philadelphia, you two deserve each other.

Another perspective...

Brotherhood is typically formed under the pretense of adversity, at least in my experience. When Steve Nash and Dirk Nowitzki entered the league as young stars expected to perform with the Dallas Mavericks, they grew close. When Tony Romo took on the job as the starting quarterback for the Cowboys in 2006, Jason Witten became his trusted confidant.

Now, I'm not putting the expectations of Damone Clark and Markquese Bell on the same level. I'll be shocked if we look up at training camp next season and Bell is still playing linebacker full-time – a role he hasn't fully played in his entire career. Shoot, if the Cowboys close on signing Shaquille Leonard, that reality could come as soon as next week.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/nick-at-nite-bell-clark-brotherhood-powering-lb-group

phildadon86

Reaction score
Everyone needs to pay attention. He told the FO that he made promises to meet with other teams. Nothing has been decided. He will make a decision this weekend after meeting with the Eagles.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Everyone needs to pay attention. He told the FO that he made promises to meet with other teams. Nothing has been decided. He will make a decision this weekend after meeting with the Eagles.
He and his agent didn't do their homework or evaluation for future. Still mercenary. That could still be a salary desire. Not enough to commit to team, although. Not on a Cowboy level.

phildadon86

Reaction score
He and his agent didn't do their homework or evaluation for future. Still mercenary. That could still be a salary desire. Not enough to commit to team, although. Not on a Cowboy level.
Salary?

Speaking of not doing homework. His salary doesnt matter. He is getting paid by Indy.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Don't buy it. Think he wants to be an E-Girl or Cowboys were not as determined to sign. Jerry can sign anyone in a 1-on-1 PT Barnum Salesman visit.
  • Playing Time - Both teams struggling at LB, but we win, our starting LB isn't coming back, Eagles is
  • Location - Philly wins with distance to his old home if he lived in Indy, but I would think Dallas wins with weather and state tax
  • Facilities - we win
  • Hollywood - we probably tie, Cowboys are the Cowboys but the Eagles just broke a ratings record too
  • Salary - word is it doesn't matter since Indy covers... if he's looking for a long-term like OBJ though, I'm sure we jumped out
  • Super Bowl - we lose, Eagles went last year, best record in NFL and beat us in regular season matchup
The physical condition is one thing, but also wonder if DQ is pushing back on signing a guy who refused to be a team player and leave on passing downs. Our whole D is built on rotation. That D is a tight unit, wouldn't want to screw up the chemistry.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Salary?

Speaking of not doing homework. His salary doesnt matter. He is getting paid by Indy.
That's being a living insult. I'm talking about motivation and you are misapplying quotes to look smug.

original.jpeg

Not everyone is naive or stupid for your convenient use.

The post above this one still applies:

The physical condition is one thing, but also wonder if DQ is pushing back on signing a guy who refused to be a team player and leave on passing downs. Our whole D is built on rotation.

Pull one's own head out... :popcorn:

Last edited:

phildadon86

Reaction score
Don't buy it. Think he wants to be an E-Girl or Cowboys were not as determined to sign. Jerry can sign anyone in a 1-on-1 PT Barnum Salesman visit.
  • Playing Time - Both teams struggling at LB, but we win, our starting LB isn't coming back, Eagles is
  • Location - Philly wins with distance to his old home if he lived in Indy, but I would think Dallas wins with weather and state tax
  • Facilities - we win
  • Hollywood - we probably tie, Cowboys are the Cowboys but the Eagles just broke a ratings record too
  • Salary - word is it doesn't matter since Indy covers... if he's looking for a long-term like OBJ though, I'm sure we jumped out
  • Super Bowl - we lose, Eagles went last year, best record in NFL and beat us in regular season matchup
The physical condition is one thing, but also wonder if DQ is pushing back on signing a guy who refused to be a team player and leave on passing downs. Our whole D is built on rotation. That D is a tight unit, wouldn't want to screw up the chemistry.
DQ apparently is the one pushing FOR it. Again. He was upfront and told the team he made promises. Respecting that may give us the upper hand.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Well. He left Dallas today and is scheduled with Philly. They are desperate for LB help
first of all he had both these appointments set up already he wasn't gonna diss the Eagles by not giving them a shot whether he is leaning one way or the other it was an appointment that was preset he's doing his due diligence wants to hear both sides wants to be wined and dined wants to feel special because he feels a little bit under appreciated where he's coming from..

But even if he does land with the Eagles I'm telling you that 80% of the chatter from our fan base about the missed trades and about looking at what other teams have done most of them don't work out almost all the moves they don't work out.. Like I said stick with the Eagles they got two dudes from the Titans to try to help their defense the soft in the middle safety and corner it didn't help they look just as bad as before the trade.. You look at all around the league most of those moves did not work out.. In the grand scheme of things all the hate that Jerry gets for not making these big moves are ridiculous it is literally not a blueprint for success you do most of that in the offseason you get your players and right now we have about 95% of the players that we went into the season with are still here we had no need to make a desperate move...

When fans get that they'll stop with the annoying post about Jerry just doesn't know how to close he doesn't make enough moves he doesn't do this he doesn't do that ,

he sure done enough to have our team right now full of potential defensive players of the year MVP's back-to-back 12 win seasons and already at eight and three this season I mean literally all those moves are they really helping teams get over the top? not from what ive seen..
Those trades or those moves need to make sense both fiscally and we have a spot for them on the team that they can actually make an impact if they can't make an immediate impact or they're gonna affect our cap or gonna take away draft capital it doesn't make sense so again 80% of the recommendations for trades around here were so outlandish they were never real they were never gonna happen...

And truthfully they were not needs, they literally were not needs... I'm all for improving the team but anybody acting as if we lost Darius Leonard and it's gonna affect our season one way or the other is ridiculous whether he's here or not we don't even know what he can do he could just be the reincarnation of jalen Smith a guy who used to have a name used to be good but had back surgeries and it's just not the same player...

They literally brought over rashawn Evans and we have Clark to cover the middle right now and it would be nice to have Leonard but it's not a need it's not necessary yes the Eagles getting him that is always a consideration to keep your counterparts from getting a player in your division you can keep it away from them and maybe improve your team but again that's just a bunch of conjecture rhetoric it's fan stuff it's hyperbole we don't know if any of these moves are gonna help at all them or us, them or us..

He did not leave without a contract because he wasn't sure he'd literally by design had these two meetings already set up so he's fulfilling his promise his obligation he's gonna go listen that is how it works we'll find out by Monday if one of us is gonna get him or not....

blueblood70

Reaction score
  • Facilities - we win
He left here by design he set up these two meetings and was not going to make a decision yesterday that's not how his agent himself are getting wined and dine and wanna hear everyone's pitch all things being equal it is equal this is gonna be up to the player has nothing to do with who's the better closer because money has nothing to do with it like you said I think he's gonna make 450K from whatever team signs him the Colts are on the hook for the rest so it doesn't matter he's gonna choose what's best for him we have no choice in the matter there is nothing about is Jerry just not being able to convince him to stay here no literally he set this up prior to the meeting he's gonna see both these teams and hear what they have to say that's it there is nothing to read here we will know by Monday and I don't believe one way or the other it's gonna affect either team whoever gets him or whoever doesn't get him he would just be added depth but he's not the Shaq Leonard that we remember..

And that's a side note those trades the Eagles made before the trade deadline did not help their back end they are not any better with buy yard or whatever the hell his name is or the other guy they picked up from the Titans both those dudes I mean I see the Eagles back end being torched the only reason they're not getting torched more it's because the chiefs dropped a lot of passes the Cowboys got no penalties when they should have and they're front gets so much pressure so fast it's hard to take advantage of the weakness back there but they are easily still as bad six weeks ago as they are right now they have a hard time covering solid wide receivers if not great ones...

blueblood70

Reaction score
That's being a living insult. I'm talking about motivation and you are misapplying quotes to look smug.

original.jpeg

Not everyone is naive or stupid for your convenient use.

The post above this one still applies:

The physical condition is one thing, but also wonder if DQ is pushing back on signing a guy who refused to be a team player and leave on passing downs. Our whole D is built on rotation.

Pull one's own head out... :popcorn:
There's no pushback Leonard and his agent set these two meetings up and they were going to both of them no matter what anyone says they will make their decision it's not based on money neither team is going to be regarded as the better closer as far as negotiations go because the money's gonna be the same this is a decision strictly gonna be what Leonard feels is the best spot for him it has nothing to do with him leaving here as a knock on our front office not being able to convince him to stay & a contract his intentions were always to make both these meetings no matter what was said no matter what order they were in...

CCBoy

Reaction score
There's no pushback Leonard and his agent set these two meetings up and they were going to both of them no matter what anyone says they will make their decision it's not based on money neither team is going to be regarded as the better closer as far as negotiations go because the money's gonna be the same this is a decision strictly gonna be what Leonard feels is the best spot for him it has nothing to do with him leaving here as a knock on our front office not being able to convince him to stay & a contract his intentions were always to make both these meetings no matter what was said no matter what order they were in...
That is already a contract issue or he would have stayed with his first stop. They already did a team evaluation, both player and agent. Fact. The second visit was padding the agent's pocket for.

Oh, there is current need for depth for 6 games and need for integration now, and going into the playoffs to protect game depth there.

blueblood70

Reaction score
That is already a contract issue or he would have stayed with his first stop. They already did a team evaluation, both player and agent. Fact. The second visit was padding the agent's pocket for.

Oh, there is current need for depth for 6 games and need for integration now, and going into the playoffs to protect game depth there.
No it's not he set both these things up on the calendar to hear both sides it was by design has nothing to do with the contract in my opinion he's doing his due diligence and wants to be wined and dine there's nothing wrong with accepting the fact that the man was gonna see both teams no matter what the order was.... They'll talk about a contract later but if he wants something up front like OJ did I'm not doing it there's no way I'm not doing that that's what happened when you pay a guy too early before you see him play after you bring him onto your team when it wasn't necessary you're bidding against yourself they did it with Russell Wilson and deshaun Watson is insane you should see a player play and how he fits in your system before you talk about extending his contract...

I can't say this enough both appointments were preset no matter what the order he was gonna hear both teams out before he makes a decision....NEXT

Status
Not open for further replies.