Leonard to visit Cowboys

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I like him as a hitting linebacker and in short yardage and in Red Zone that is a difference maker.

conner01

Reaction score
Something to do with a back injury. With the medical team Jerry has on staff - if signed, it will be projecting and contract renegotiated. At this point in the season, aggressive matters.
He had 2 back surgeries last year. They said he wasn’t the same but he had like 69 tackles

Q_the_man

Reaction score
He may still be playing decent but not at the level of his pay. They aren’t doing much and probably want to give play time to younger developing players.
Sometimes just sometimes coaching matter. Ownership matters and to my knowledge the Colts are awful at both.

Look how they did their All-Pro RB.

I just think he needs better coaching, better talent around him and get his health and confidence back

CCBoy

Reaction score
He had 2 back surgeries last year. They said he wasn’t the same but he had like 69 tackles
Jerry's medical staff are top of line...I'd let them make an analysis and then seek attention of scouts and coaches. He still is a good as well as aggressive veteran. Certainly in comparison with young and smallish players at present.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Sometimes just sometimes coaching matter. Ownership matters and to my knowledge the Colts are awful at both.

Look how they did their All-Pro RB.

I just think he needs better coaching, better talent around him and get his health and confidence back
I'd proceed with just that as to why...Coaches and staff are already aware of facts.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Anybody actually watch the colts? Is he washed? The guy went from one of the best defensive players in football to cut in like 2 years
I reviewed him in 5 full games.
3 from 2023
1 from 2021
1 from 2020

It is difficult to describe his play.

He tends to avoid leaving his feet or really dropping his shoulder into tackles.

I thought that was due to the injury, but he tended to play that way in previous seasons on many snaps.

In 2023 he looks fine physically but missed a significant number of tackles. He definitely appeared to be playing to avoid injury to some extent.

He Stills runs well and has good size. He definitely has good instincts. He was normally in the right spot at the right time, but just wasn't consistently making the tackles.

CCBoy

Reaction score
3 from 2023
1 from 2021
1 from 2020

He tends to avoid leaving his feet or really dropping his shoulder into tackles.

I thought that was due to the injury, but he tended to play that way in previous seasons on many snaps.

In 2023 he looks fine physically but missed a significant number of tackles. He definitely appeared to be playing to avoid injury to some extent.

He Stills runs well and has good size. He definitely has good instincts. He was normally in the right spot at the right time, but just wasn't consistently making the tackles.
My projection is that mentally in his responses, he's about where Gallup is at present. A shirtless picture reveals very developed skeletal muscles. Some times he may miss a little focus on spaciel vision in responses. That should fully return.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
3 from 2023
1 from 2021
1 from 2020

Thanks, this is good insight.

With Bell a bit gimpy right now, and the other LBers still coming along, I think this is still a worthy signing right now, for more depth...and the hope that he can be a run-stuffer.

I still say this team needs a LB (or two), and more o-line depth. And we should also consider a young, potentially-talented DT, if we happen to unearth one on someone's practice squad or in the draft.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Anybody actually watch the colts? Is he washed? The guy went from one of the best defensive players in football to cut in like 2 years
Rumored nerve damage
He’s not the All Pro LB of years past, thats obvious.

But he’s a massive upgrade in depth and can play massive snaps if needed.
His back has not been a chronic long term issue.

Surgery June 2022
Surgery November 2022

Played game 4
Missed 3 with concussion & broken nose.
Played 2 more games then IR.

Primary symptom was weakness in left leg.

He had an ankle issue in 2021 but still played 16 regular season games and was 1st Team All-Pro.

-3 games over 80% of snaps.
- Avg about 70%.
- Generally replaced on passing downs.

Last edited:

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thanks, this is good insight.

With Bell a bit gimpy right now, and the other LBers still coming along, I think this is still a worthy signing right now, for more depth...and the hope that he can be a run-stuffer.

I still say this team needs a LB (or two), and more o-line depth. And we should also consider a young, potentially-talented DT, if we happen to unearth one on someone's practice squad or in the draft.
Evans can play.

Giants game Evans played more snaps than Bell or Clark.

Looked good except 1 play where he and a teammate collided with each other instead of the ball carrier and had a penalty on ST.

Status
Not open for further replies.