Leonard to visit Cowboys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_437

Reaction score

rambo2

Reaction score
Interesting read. I think dude might be better off going to Philly because I don't see him getting a higher % of snaps in Dallas...between Bell in nickel/dime and a Clark or Evans rotation with him.

Good thing is Gus n DQ are familiar with each other, and DQ is going to get the best Intel on Darius.
Go visit Philly and then go visit the Star in Frisco and see what you think a guy from the South would do.

mote

Reaction score
Go visit Philly and then go visit the Star in Frisco and see what you think a guy from the South would do.
What does that have to do with it? He's a professional athlete looking for guaranteed playing time and money. His playing window is short, and after that, he can settle down wherever he wants.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I don’t see why he would come to Dallas, as of right now he is not better than Clark and Bell. I do wonder that maybe Kearse is hurt more then we realize because he is more of a linebacker then a safety.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
We can't let him go to Philly. They're weak in the secondary and weak at LB, if he goes there he'd be a huge upgrade especially in the play offs.

Bizwah

Reaction score
I don’t see why he would come to Dallas, as of right now he is not better than Clark and Bell. I do wonder that maybe Kearse is hurt more then we realize because he is more of a linebacker then a safety.
I understand that. But we really need LB depth in a huge way. I agree he'd get more playing time in Philly.

conner01

Reaction score
Jerry's medical staff are top of line...I'd let them make an analysis and then seek attention of scouts and coaches. He still is a good as well as aggressive veteran. Certainly in comparison with young and smallish players at present.
I’m more concerned about the mental than physical. I watched some of his play and he appears to be playing scared. Getting cut might help that though

Jarntt

Reaction score
If he were on the Cowboys he would be playing LB on run downs. Bell has been a godsend and one of the biggest surprises of the year but on run downs he is still only 205 lbs.

rambo2

Reaction score
What does that have to do with it? He's a professional athlete looking for guaranteed playing time and money. His playing window is short, and after that, he can settle down wherever he wants.
I can't help you.

rambo2

Reaction score
When he signs with Dallas the take will be that he isn't good anymore and the Cowboys don't know what they are doing.

When he signs with the Eagles the take will be that the Cowboys are cheap and don't know what they are doing.

Carson

Reaction score
Leonard wants playing time, does he get that more in Dallas or Philly? New contract could have incentives.
He won’t remain starter long in Philly if so. Cunningham is out only a short time and Dean should be back soon

speedkilz88

Reaction score
He's got a bad back. He had back surgery. He said he's fine but these guys say anything until they get guaranteed money. Teams don't release very good players in their prime for no reason. A lot of decent players are getting released that can help a playoff team. Even a Super Bowl assistant was released from his team today.
He had a nerve problem where he had surgeries to relieve the issue by moving the nerves.

Status
Not open for further replies.