Leonard to visit Cowboys

Status
Not open for further replies.

CWR

Reaction score
If Dallas takes on the rest of his 2023 deal it's $6.1 million. Assuming he doesn't play Thursday that's a ton of money for a five game rental that probably won't even start.

That contract should be over. He was released so Indy owed him only the guaranteed money. We will likely sign him at or near the league minimum.

mote

Reaction score
Lol, this place is for Cowboy fans. You are totally ignorant. Your successful Eagle team has all of 1 Super Bowl win in 58 years in crap land.
Nicely done. Why, again, would a player pick today's Cowboys? Not JJ's Cowboys, or Landry's Cowboys, the Cowboys of today? A 28 year old player, Leonard, wasn't even alive the last time the Boys won the Super Bowl. Spare me the past glory bit. The Cowboys haven't been relevant in almost 3 DECADES.

Pentagruel

Reaction score
If he’s visiting then I think it’s actually likely Dallas is gonna sign him so long as he passes his physical. Could be a good depth option here and then some. I don’t think he’s as washed as some Colts fans are trying to make him out to be.

Loso86

Reaction score
Nicely done. Why, again, would a player pick today's Cowboys? Not JJ's Cowboys, or Landry's Cowboys, the Cowboys of today? A 28 year old player, Leonard, wasn't even alive the last time the Boys won the Super Bowl. Spare me the past glory bit. The Cowboys haven't been relevant in almost 3 DECADES.
Because as hard as it is for inside Cowboy haters they have just as much a chance as the other 31

phildadon86

Reaction score
Honest offer coming in. He will sign with Philly for vet minimum and some cheesesteak coupons while Siriani pumps his fist and yells he hates Dallas
I personally dont think he leaves Dallas without a deal.

Jarntt

Reaction score
So that's why only the Chiefs are able to sign any free agents every year? This whole conversation is just not understanding the NFL. He'll go with the money is good. If it's similar he'll pick a team based on almost anything that matters to him not some stupid fans arguing over their teams. But to pretend a team that is likely making the playoffs again isn't "relevant" to a free agent is moronic. These players all feel they can be the missing cog

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Nicely done. Why, again, would a player pick today's Cowboys? Not JJ's Cowboys, or Landry's Cowboys, the Cowboys of today? A 28 year old player, Leonard, wasn't even alive the last time the Boys won the Super Bowl. Spare me the past glory bit. The Cowboys haven't been relevant in almost 3 DECADES
By your reasoning. If a player is going to decide to sign to a team based on their postseason history. Then why would he sign with the Eagles who are 1-3 in Super Bowl appearances? If you believe that a player is influenced by a franchise's postseason history and uses that to base their odds of winning a Super Bowl with that team. Then it's not like the Eagles would be the number one option for players, since there are franchises who have been able to win multiple Super Bowls during the same time the Eagles won only one.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I’ll be honest unless he’s looking for a multi year deal he should probably sign with the team that made it to the SB last year. I would think if it’s money Cowboys have to give him a multi year deal.

mote

Reaction score
By your reasoning. If a player is going to decide to sign to a team based on their postseason history. Then why would he sign with the Eagles who are 1-3 in Super Bowl appearances? If you believe that a player is influenced by a franchise's postseason history and uses that to base their odds of winning a Super Bowl with that team. Then it's not like the Eagles would be the number one option for players, since there are franchises who have been able to win multiple Super Bowls during the same time the Eagles won only one.
I agree. This was in response to someone else saying it was essentially a "no brainer" he would choose the Cowboys over the Eagles. If it's true that he thinks he can still play at a high level, he will likely choose a team based on where he thinks he will fit in better, play more, and, more than likely, get paid next year and thereafter.

Carson

Reaction score
I’ll be honest unless he’s looking for a multi year deal he should probably sign with the team that made it to the SB last year. I would think if it’s money Cowboys have to give him a multi year deal.
IMO, it’s about playing time and the next deal.

In Dallas he is behind Clark, Bell and we also have Evans. No clear cut time to a ton of snaps.

In Philly, if Cunningham misses time he walks in as the weak side starting LB. Path to clear snaps.

phildadon86

Reaction score
IMO, it’s about playing time and the next deal.

In Dallas he is behind Clark, Bell and we also have Evans. No clear cut time to a ton of snaps.

In Philly, if Cunningham misses time he walks in as the weak side starting LB. Path to clear snaps.
Cunningham will miss a week. LVE's career is most likely over. So its not just about Clark and Bell. He would be coming here knowing he is most likely a starting LB

Carson

Reaction score
Cunningham will miss a week. LVE's career is most likely over. So its not just about Clark and Bell. He would be coming here knowing he is most likely a starting LB
Is Cunningham only out one week? When I reading the thought it may be longer. That is what I was basing this off of

Aven8

Reaction score
Can he still play is the question? Indy is 6-5 and has a chance at the playoffs. Why would they let him go?

Carson

Reaction score
Can he still play is the question? Indy is 6-5 and has a chance at the playoffs. Why would they let him go?
Playing time, they were moving to the future and he was vocal about losing snaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.