Lesbian teen back at Miss. school after prom flap

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Joe Rod;3305949 said:
She's actually quite selfish. If she had thought about everyone involved, she would have just shown up to the Prom in a dress, snuck her girlfriend in, then taken video footage of her doing some serious slobberin suckie face with her girlfriend in front of the faculty before getting asked to leave. Win for the students, win for her, win for us after it gets posted on You-tube.

I might have to subscribe to your newsletter.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Hostile;3305832 said:
You can feel I am wrong, that is your right. I don't think I am. She wanted the rules changed to suit her. She pushed the issue. Many kids don't go to prom. I never did. She and her date could have gone and done anything together. Instead she chose to try and force others to do what she wants. She got big political backing and created an atmosphere where it was her way or no way. The kids got no way and they don't deserve it. She was selfish.

Let's say I wanted to wear my cowboy hat because that is who I am. They have a rule of no hats. Then I'm not going to go if I feel that strongly about it. I'm not going to try and ruin the experience for everybody else.

I am not fond of her not being allowed to go in the way that she wanted to, but those were the rules and she should have respected them. Instead she felt she was above the rules.

A bit of a difference between a choice in attire and this, I'd say, but to each his own. I believe the whole point of the ACLU's ruling was saying that the rule was against her civil rights to begin with, at which point calling her selfish for trying to take advantage of her civil rights doesn't seem right.

I will say she sort of overdid it with insisting on the tux. She should have just worn a dress and enjoyed a night out with her date. I think she's mostly pushing to be able to go with her girlfriend, but the tux makes it seem like she's trying to make a spectacle out of it.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
trickblue;3305889 said:
misslesbian.jpeg

ummm...

She and Jessica would make a cute, corpulent couple.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
TheCount;3305979 said:
A bit of a difference between a choice in attire and this, I'd say, but to each his own. I believe the whole point of the ACLU's ruling was saying that the rule was against her civil rights to begin with, at which point calling her selfish for trying to take advantage of her civil rights doesn't seem right.

I will say she sort of overdid it with insisting on the tux. She should have just worn a dress and enjoyed a night out with her date. I think she's mostly pushing to be able to go with her girlfriend, but the tux makes it seem like she's trying to make a spectacle out of it.
She has a civil right not to go. Why is it civil rights only belong to certain groups? Don't kids who don't want to see 2 lesbians have any? That is why she gets no sympathy from me and the other kids do.

If she wants to be a lesbian, be a lesbian and have a happy life. Cool. I don't get it, but whatever. Don't push your lifestyle onto everyone else and think you are not violating their civil rights. She was selfish and other kids are paying for it. She is wrong. I don't think the school board is right, but she is wrong whether they are or not.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Hostile;3306053 said:
She has a civil right not to go. Why is it civil rights only belong to certain groups? Don't kids who don't want to see 2 lesbians have any? That is why she gets no sympathy from me and the other kids do.

If she wants to be a lesbian, be a lesbian and have a happy life. Cool. I don't get it, but whatever. Don't push your lifestyle onto everyone else and think you are not violating their civil rights. She was selfish and other kids are paying for it. She is wrong. I don't think the school board is right, but she is wrong whether they are or not.

Huh? It doesn't belong only to certain groups... that's why it's a civil right...

How is she pushing her lifestyle on anyone? Because she's going out in public? I don't want to see you wearing that ugly cowboy hat that you love so much, but it's I don't have a right to make you only wear it indoors now do I?!

Speaking of which, I was stuck on a packed train the other day next to this couple (straight couple) that insisted on necking the entire train ride, boy did I wish I had some kind of right to kick them off the train right then. I mean there wasn't even any room for me to reach down and change the song on my iPhone, that's how close we were.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
TheCount;3306069 said:
Huh? It doesn't belong only to certain groups... that's why it's a civil right...

How is she pushing her lifestyle on anyone? Because she's going out in public? I don't want to see you wearing that ugly cowboy hat that you love so much, but it's I don't have a right to make you only wear it indoors now do I?!

Actually, schools do have that right. At my high school, students were not allowed to wear Cowboy hats at school functions.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
TheCount;3306069 said:

Speaking of which, I was stuck on a packed train the other day next to this couple (straight couple) that insisted on necking the entire train ride, boy did I wish I had some kind of right to kick them off the train right then. I mean there wasn't even any room for me to reach down and change the song on my iPhone, that's how close we were.
How is she pushing her lifestyle on anyone? She went to the ACLU to demand this and got her school's prom canceled.

I don't agree with the school board. I don't see why it is a big deal to let her wear her tux and take her girl. I think she is more in the wrong than they are. She pushed an issue that she could have backed away from because she wanted to. In return other kids are hurt.

Oh, and I am not real cool about straight couples making out in public either. I think it is disrespectful of others to make them feel uncomfortable. What two people do in their own privacy is of no concern. Public is not anyone's own privacy.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;3306072 said:
Actually, schools do have that right. At my high school, students were not allowed to wear Cowboy hats at school functions.

My school had the right to tell you what you could wear and how long your hair could be. Anyone breaking the rules were sent home

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
trickblue;3305889 said:
promx-large.jpg

I'm wich ya...

ap_itawamba_100310_mn.jpg

Alrighty...

misslesbian.jpeg

ummm...

Little hippy, but she's still pretty.

She's going to make another woman very happy some day -- or a man after she decides this is all just a desperate cry for attention.:p:

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;3306072 said:

That part was a joke. Clothing and sexuality have nothing in common. A dress code makes sense for a prom.

Hostile;3306077 said:
How is she pushing her lifestyle on anyone? She went to the ACLU to demand this and got her school's prom canceled.

I don't agree with the school board. I don't see why it is a big deal to let her wear her tux and take her girl. I think she is more in the wrong than they are. She pushed an issue that she could have backed away from because she wanted to. In return other kids are hurt.

Oh, and I am not real cool about straight couples making out in public either. I think it is disrespectful of others to make them feel uncomfortable. What two people do in their own privacy is of no concern. Public is not anyone's own privacy.

She didn't go to the ACLU to get the prom canceled, she went to the ACLU to have her school reminded of her civil rights. Her goal was to go, having it canceled by the school was done out of spite. You're reacting to it the same way they want the kids to, blame her.

Being gay and outside of your home is not a crime. If the building wasn't wheel chair accessible and a disabled person wanted to go, should the school have shut down the prom rather than provide a way for that person to access the building? Should the wheel-chair person have been forced to stay home and not bring it up for fear of the school retaliating like a bunch of brats?

There could easily have been a compromise: You can come with your date but no tux, we have a dress code. If you come in a tux this year then next year 12 guys show up in dresses just cause they can. This is a formal event.

Bingo, she gets what she wants and the school gets to maintain a level of decency for future events in terms of dress and the formality of the event.

Instead she probably pressed the tux and the school (being clearly homophobic) said fine, now no one is going (and stamped their feet like little kids in the process), see what you did! It's very juvenile.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TheCount;3306102 said:
That part was a joke. Clothing and sexuality have nothing in common. A dress code makes sense for a prom.

She didn't go to the ACLU to get the prom canceled, she went to the ACLU to have her school reminded of her civil rights. Her goal was to go, having it canceled by the school was done out of spite. You're reacting to it the same way they want the kids to, blame her.

Being gay and outside of your home is not a crime. If the building wasn't wheel chair accessible and a disabled person wanted to go, should the school have shut down the prom rather than provide a way for that person to access the building? Should the wheel-chair person have been forced to stay home and not bring it up for fear of the school retaliating like a bunch of brats?

There could easily have been a compromise: You can come with your date but no tux, we have a dress code. If you come in a tux this year then next year 12 guys show up in dresses just cause they can. This is a formal event.

Bingo, she gets what she wants and the school gets to maintain a level of decency for future events in terms of dress and the formality of the event.

Instead she probably pressed the tux and the school (being clearly homophobic) said fine, now no one is going (and stamped their feet like little kids in the process), see what you did! It's very juvenile.

^^This^^

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
ConcordCowboy;3306100 said:
That's what Homophobia will get you...a canceled Prom.

What kinds of phobias are being practiced at "all black" or "women only" colleges?

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
bbgun;3306115 said:
What kinds of phobias are being practiced at "all black" or "women only" colleges?

BBgun phobia?

But I always love the black colleges argument...makes me laugh every time.

You Sir only bring out the best in all.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;3306117 said:
BBgun phobia?

But I always love the black colleges argument...makes me laugh every time.

You Sir only bring out the best in all.

Thanks. Hypocrisy busting and the exposure of invidious double standards is one of my favorite pastimes. Keep self-serving discrimination alive!