Lesbian teen back at Miss. school after prom flap

ethiostar

Reaction score
TheCount;3306102 said:
That part was a joke. Clothing and sexuality have nothing in common. A dress code makes sense for a prom.

She didn't go to the ACLU to get the prom canceled, she went to the ACLU to have her school reminded of her civil rights. Her goal was to go, having it canceled by the school was done out of spite. You're reacting to it the same way they want the kids to, blame her.

Being gay and outside of your home is not a crime. If the building wasn't wheel chair accessible and a disabled person wanted to go, should the school have shut down the prom rather than provide a way for that person to access the building? Should the wheel-chair person have been forced to stay home and not bring it up for fear of the school retaliating like a bunch of brats?

There could easily have been a compromise: You can come with your date but no tux, we have a dress code. If you come in a tux this year then next year 12 guys show up in dresses just cause they can. This is a formal event.

Bingo, she gets what she wants and the school gets to maintain a level of decency for future events in terms of dress and the formality of the event.

Instead she probably pressed the tux and the school (being clearly homophobic) said fine, now no one is going (and stamped their feet like little kids in the process), see what you did! It's very juvenile.

Very well said.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
bbgun;3306127 said:

There were some black girls and Asian girls there . Thing about women if your hot I don't care what color you are. I will say I will not fool around with Green women other than that I'm open to the possibilities. :laugh1:

ethiostar

Reaction score
Doomsday101;3306132 said:
There were some black girls and Asian girls there . Thing about women if your hot I don't care what color you are. I will say I will not fool around with Green women other than that I'm open to the possibilities. :laugh1:

I don't know, Captain Kirk seemed like he had a good time with one.

yvonne_craig_0.jpg

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
bbgun;3306115 said:
What kinds of phobias are being practiced at "all black" or "women only" colleges?

So that school system is "all heterosexual".

I didn't know that.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
ethiostar;3306149 said:
I don't know, Captain Kirk seemed like he had a good time with one.

yvonne_craig_0.jpg

I remember seeing episode and no something about green chicks that just is a turn off to me. Maybe a pink one :laugh2:

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
ConcordCowboy;3306151 said:
So that school system is "all heterosexual".

I didn't know that.

Beats me. As I noted earlier, some institutions blatantly discriminate on the basis of race and gender, whereas others do so with sexual orientation. Only one of these things is considered evil, however. Guess which one.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Doomsday101;3306163 said:
I remember seeing episode and no something about green chicks that just is a turn off to me. Maybe a pink one :laugh2:

It's because you associate green skin with the incredible hulk, and there's nothing sexy about a muscular 2,000 lb dude. :laugh2:

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Several years ago, wasn't there a similar flap over a girl who wanted to wear a Confederate flag dress to her prom and the principal forced her to leave?

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
Doomsday101;3306163 said:

TheCount;3306170 said:
It's because you associate green skin with the incredible hulk, and there's nothing sexy about a muscular 2,000 lb dude. :laugh2:

Verdantaphobes.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;3306174 said:
Several years ago, wasn't there a similar flap over a girl who wanted to wear a Confederate flag dress to her prom and the principal forced her to leave?

See bbguns selective discrimination posts. ;)

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;3306183 said:
Here it is:

http://www.firstamendmentcenter.org/news.aspx?id=16565

Where was the ACLU in this case? It's possible they were involved, but I'm not finding their name.

Keep reading:

http://www.firstamendmentcenter.org/news.aspx?id=15405

They have stepped in when asked to in a very similar case, so if your claim is that they only helped in this case because she's gay, you'd be wrong. If you go to them with a civil rights issue, they will help you. The ACLU has nothing to do with this story anyway, really.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
bbgun;3306165 said:
Beats me. As I noted earlier, some institutions blatantly discriminate on the basis of race and gender, whereas others do so with sexual orientation. Only one of these things is considered evil, however. Guess which one.

I don't have a problem with all girls schools...there are all boys schools too.

I understand the rationale behind them...although I would never send my kid to one...but to each their own.

Now the all black thing I can see why people would have a problem with that.

Do we have all white schools?

If we do then there should be no problem...if not then there should be a problem.

Now this girl was in neither situation...if it's all black or all girls...you know what you're getting.

This girl is NOT going to a "all heterosexual school".

Hence the difference.

She should have been allowed to take her girlfriend with her...I can see their point about the dress code, but to cancel a whole prom because of it?

No.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
ConcordCowboy;3306193 said:
I don't have a problem with all girls schools...there are all boys schools too.

I understand the rationale behind them...although I would never send my kid to one...but to each their own.

Now the all black thing I can see why people would have a problem with that.

Do we have all white schools?

If we do then there should be no problem...if not then there should be a problem.

Now this girl was in neither situation...if it's all black or all girls...you know what you're getting.

This girl is NOT going to a "all heterosexual school".

Hence the difference.

She should have been allowed to take her girlfriend with her...I can see their point about the dress code, but to cancel a whole prom because of it?

No.

You may be confusing a "historically black school", with some kind of actual rule that prohibits other races from applying and being accepted to the school.

A white person can, and has, been accepted to historically black schools just like black people can, and have been accepted to historically white schools.

What you have to deal with when you get there, in either case, is/was probably not all that different.

But again, race has nothing to do with this particular story. Not ever civil case has to become a racial discussion.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
TheCount;3306192 said:
Keep reading:

http://www.firstamendmentcenter.org/news.aspx?id=15405

They have stepped in when asked to in a very similar case, so if your claim is that they only helped in this case because she's gay, you'd be wrong. If you go to them with a civil rights issue, they will help you. The ACLU has nothing to do with this story anyway, really.

Actually, I didn't claim anything. I asked a question.

The article states, "[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]The West Virginia ACLU applauded the judge’s ruling." Applauding a ruling after the fact is quite a bit different from actually offering help while the case has yet to be resolved.[/FONT][/FONT]

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ScipioCowboy;3306206 said:

Actually, I didn't claim anything. I asked a question.

The article states, "[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]The West Virginia ACLU applauded the judge’s ruling." Applauding a ruling after the fact is quite a bit different from actually offering help while the case has yet to be resolved.[/FONT][/FONT]

I can tell the star trek girl got you all flustered.;)

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3306203 said:
I was in a Black Fraternity.

http://img411.*************/img411/3021/familyphotos8.jpg

One of these things is not like the other. One of these things just doesn't belong.